shape
carat
color
clarity

need a little clarification with cut measurements and %s

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bill_LumbergTPS

Rough_Rock
I''ve been lurking and researching the posts and the vendors on this site for a short while and am still a little confused on the cut. Now I realize that cut is extremely important for the overall brilliance of the diamond. Basically I''m confused how some of you experts can estimate that the diamond is a poor cut from the percentages given. I know you should stay away from a thin and thick table and completely understand the clarity, and color but I guess the understanding of the cut is where the experts are separated from the novices. A little help would be appreciated. Examples of rather poor cut percentages and excellent cut percentages would really help me in understanding.
read.gif

Thanks

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Visit www.gemappraisers.com and get a lot of the details about what helps to make a diamond well cut, by the numbers.

People will tell you that you cannot judge a diamond by numbers. I agree, but you can sure avoid bad ones by sticking to the guidance provided by the AGA Cut Class standards.

In a few days my AGA site will have full Do It Yourself Cut Class grading available "for free". WHile numbers are not being touted as a cure for bad vision, there are many things that can be gained by being aware of the better parameters of diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results