shape
carat
color
clarity

Necklace pros, how can I remedy a too small bale? Is there an attachment ?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3.7mm bollo chain, I finally thought I found a pendant with a big enough bale, but it doesn't work. I love the pendant and the chain. Is there an attachment I can buy? I've seen jump hoops mentioned, but not sure what that is or if that's what I need? I want the pendant to be able to move freely, not fixed in a permenant station.
20190423_183431.jpg 20190423_183141.jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe this is an awkward fix but you could do a jump ring to each side of the bail and attach to two separate links if thay makes sense ...like it could attach to the two links laying flat in your photo and skip the one in the middle.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
That might work. Though I'm wondering for that price, if I could just get the bale remade, but bigger. Hate to meddle with an antique piece, but I want to be able to wear it on my thicker chain.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sell silver ones too (and stainless). I think I paid $8 for a stainless one on Etsy. It might be small enough that you might not need a white gold finding to look ok. At least for that price you can see if you like the look, or if you’d rather just have the bail remade (or use a smaller chain).

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh sorry just seeing you want it to move freely....you could take it to a jewelry repair shop and see how much it would cost to increase the size of the bail or put a new one on....if it's just the clasp that it can't get over they could maybe remove and reattach that instead if you don't want to touch the pendant.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would just increase the size of bale. Antique pieces are lovely but they have to be wearable as well. I had the bale remade on my locket as it was too small to fit over the belcher chain I bought for it. It looks much better and I can now enjoy it!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of my pendants have bales that open up so that they can be put on thicker chains or pearls, etc.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of my pendants have bales that open up so that they can be put on thicker chains or pearls, etc.

I know this is an old thread but where do you get these types of bails? I have the same problem. Thx!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is an old thread but where do you get these types of bails? I have the same problem. Thx!

My jeweler makes her own bales but I'm sure they could easily be done by others. Here is an example of what she does...

DSC_2911.JPG

DSC_2912.JPG

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweler makes her own bales but I'm sure they could easily be done by others. Here is an example of what she does...

DSC_2911.JPG

DSC_2912.JPG

Love that! Is it super secure?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

DSC_2911.JPG

DSC_2912.JPG

This is such a good idea for the bale. I also love the idea of using both yellow and white gold chains on a dual-tone piece - it looks fantastic in your pics! Do you twist separate chains together yourself or are they permanently intertwined?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is such a good idea for the bale. I also love the idea of using both yellow and white gold chains on a dual-tone piece - it looks fantastic in your pics! Do you twist separate chains together yourself or are they permanently intertwined?

Thanks! I like it a lot. It's one piece with three yellow gold and three white gold chains.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results