shape
carat
color
clarity

Necklace for a Saphire

Gustavfelsen

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm hoping someone can spare me some advice on an anniversary gift for my wife.

I have access to her "wishlist" of her Saphires, but I need to pick a setting. The Jewelers I've found are either custom-only or only deal in finished/mounted product. I imagine there has to be something in-between where I select a complete "off-the-shelf" setting and send them a stone to mount in it.

I'm looking for a bezel pendant in rose gold for everyday wear, nothing flashy or fancy.

Would it be best to deal with a local jeweler for something like this or someone online?

Thanks in advance!
JC

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For bezel settings, the gemstone would need to be a calibrated stone in a size that will fit a stock setting.

The usual advice is find the stone, then the setting.

Based on experience, bezel-set CS jewellery are usually custom pieces, as good calibrated stones are hard to find.

Hopefully, the experts will come along soon to offer their advice.

Good luck with your project.

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adwar and Stuller sell calibrated empty settings which your jeweller can order. As DK said, if the stone you have is a standard or calibrated size, it should fit.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gustavfelsen|1449531858|3958760 said:
The Jewelers I've found are either custom-only or only deal in finished/mounted product. I imagine there has to be something in-between where I select a complete "off-the-shelf" setting and send them a stone to mount in it.
Any jeweler who has a competent bench jeweler on staff can assemble this sort of pendant for you. The simplest and least expensive is a plain bezel cup which is just a metal tube that the stone is set into.

I'm looking for a bezel pendant in rose gold for everyday wear, nothing flashy or fancy.
If you want something more than a bezel cup you can have the cup soldered into a pre-made commercial setting that is designed for this. Stuller calls theirs "freeform pendants" here: http://www.stuller.com/search/resul...].First=metalcolor&facetValues[0].Second=rose
Overnight Mountings has some that have prong settings, but those can be replaced with a bezel cup here: http://www.overnightmountings.com/pendants/solitaires.html?p=2
Adwar's good but a little harder to search, go to Adwar Castings

Would it be best to deal with a local jeweler for something like this or someone online?
It doesn't matter, as long as they have a good bench jeweler on site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results