shape
carat
color
clarity

Neck help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Please help...I''m ordering the WF ready-set 0.25ct diamond bezel pendants for my sister and sister in law for their wedding gifts to wear at my upcoming wedding in October. My sister is also giving birth (I''m so excited) to twins in the next few weeks so I would like to spoil her with a little bling! My problem is that it''s a surprise and I''m having a hard time deciding if I should go with the 16inch or 17inch chain lengths. What should I do....I would like the pendants to sit high but not like chokers! I love the high look but what if it''s tooooo small......I just don''t know...

Anyone ever run into the same problem?

Also, wondering if WF offer the 16inch with a half inch extender and would this look funny/cheap?

Thank you kind ladies - thank you!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Bump!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with a 17. I just got a pendant for someone as a 16", and it doesn''t sit quite right - needs to be a bit longer.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Go longer. it is very easy for any jeweler to take length off, whether it's an inch or a 1/2, etc.

ETA: personally, I don't like extenders on real jewelry; as you say, I think they cheapen the piece, but that's just my opinion.
1.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I had Whiteflash put a jump ring on my diamond pendant necklace at 16 1/2." The total length was 18". I find that I wear it at the 16 1/2 length 90% of the time so if I do another necklace I will just go with the 16 1/2" chain. But I think it depends on the neck size of the wearer. If my neck were thicker, I''d want it a bit longer.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
17". For sure.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 5:13:03 PM
Author: FireGoddess
17''. For sure.
Ditto.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ries. It depends how big their necks are. If they are tiny little petite women, 16" may be better. For an average woman 17" is a nice length. For a large woman, you may even have to go a little bigger!

I recently bought a necklace that has an 18" chain with a loop at 17" and a loop at 16". I think this is ingenious! I can wear the pendant as long or short as I want, usually depending on what I''m wearing.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
It depends entirely on the size of you sister. I am 5''2 and my neck is under 12.5 inches, so a 17 would look silly on me. A close friend of mine is 6"2 and the 16 inch would look silly on her.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got a Tiffany silver piece in a 16 inch and had to take it off the chain it came with and use another 18". 17" would be perfect. I''m one that can''t wear turtlenecks due to the choking effect
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results