shape
carat
color
clarity

NE Gem Lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever used or heard of NE Gem Lab? They''re listed under the appraisers search above. http://www.negemlab.com/

As I mentioned in my other thread, I got my ring from bluenile on Thursday (1.66 F VS2 in solitaire setting), and they appraised it for over $25k...$11k more than what I paid! While this does engender the feel-good effect and all of that, I don''t want to over-pay on insurance, so I''m considering having it independently appraised. NE Gem Lab is the closest to me. Worth it?

Thanks!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
NE Gem Lab is great. Cindy Konney is the appraiser for NE gem lab. I have used her on a few occasions and she is excellent. She is very knowledgeable and a real pleasure to talk with. I would definitely recommend her!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
KT: That''s great to hear. I think I will give them a call on Monday to set up an appt.

Skippy: Those appraisal/insurance threads are why I''m considering getting an independent appraisal. While it definitely "feels good" to think that I undercut the market by $11k--and I wouldn''t be disappointed with an independent appraisal that said so--I don''t want to overpay insurance by what I gather could be $100-300 per year.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to update this thread for future searchers.

Cindy was great! She gave a fair assessment of my original stone--I most certainly did not undercut the market by $11k, as the Bluenile appraisal had indicated, but I also didn''t buy a dud. We spent an hour looking over it (pointing out, for instance, an extra facet that wasn''t on the GIA plot), and I ultimately decided to send it back.

After narrowing down my second selection to two stones, I e-mailed her the information, and she gave her opinion on which was the better stone. While she concurred with what I and other PS members were thinking, it was nice to have another expert opinion. And today, I took the new ring to her and she appraised it. Once again, we spent about an hour discussing it. (I learned that I didn''t undercut the market as much as I did with Bluenile, but I think WF is worth the small relative premium in terms of services rendered and future upgrade policy).

In summary, I had an excellent experience with New England Gemological Laboratory and Cindy Konney, and would highly recommend them!

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear it!!! Cindy is great for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results