shape
carat
color
clarity

Naughty food thread. The naughtiest thing you eat/drink?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And entire box of Kraft Mac & Cheese drenched in ketchup.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
-Haagen Dazs ice cream (choc pb and coffee)

-Cheese and dairy - I'm not a milk drinker, but LOVE all kinds of cheese and have been drinking espresso/milk drinks lately.

-Anything fried. Chips, fried fish tacos, even Popeye's chicken. :oops:

-Ramen. So high in sodium, but soooo good.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1457955286|4004973 said:
My dh's christmas butter cookies during the Christmas/Hanukkah season

missy-

The Christmas tree cookies are the exact ones my mother used to make each year of her life. Only she made some in that color and some in green. I believe she sometimes made some in pink, too, but most of the time the trees were either green or white with red sprinkles. The camels were white. I cannot recall all the other shapes. But she obviously had the same cookie press as your husband! I wonder if he is using the same recipe she did, one that came with the press!

I can't say I am sorry for the threadjack.; this thread hardly seems serious enough to warrant strict adherence to the topic! On the original topic I will say, however, that some of you seem to me not to be very naughty when you eat and drink. If all I did was to imbibe a chemical (for example by having a diet Coke) or some sugar without fat (maybe some jelly beans) or some fat without sugar (maybe some butter on a crumpet), I'd feel positively virtuous! I can manage to mix fats, sugars, and chemicals and in huge quantities. I can also be sure to include high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils. Not that I want to, mind you, but as I sit here reading all these venial eating sins, I feel like the food devil!!!

Deb :wavey:

missyschristmascookies.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1458000689|4005324 said:

missy-

The Christmas tree cookies are the exact ones my mother used to make each year of her life. Only she made some in that color and some in green. I believe she sometimes made some in pink, too, but most of the time the trees were either green or white with red sprinkles. The camels were white. I cannot recall all the other shapes. But she obviously had the same cookie press as your husband! I wonder if he is using the same recipe she did, one that came with the press!

I can't say I am sorry for the threadjack.; this thread hardly seems serious enough to warrant strict adherence to the topic! On the original topic I will say, however, that some of you seem to me not to be very naughty when you eat and drink. If all I did was to imbibe a chemical (for example by having a diet Coke) or some sugar without fat (maybe some jelly beans) or some fat without sugar (maybe some butter on a crumpet), I'd feel positively virtuous! I can manage to mix fats, sugars, and chemicals and in huge quantities. I can also be sure to include high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils. Not that I want to, mind you, but as I sit here reading all these venial eating sins, I feel like the food devil!!!

Deb, I was thinking the exact same thing, "I feel like the food devil!!!" that's hilarious and oh so true! I am feeling pretty proud of myself if I eat gummys or jellybeans instead of full on half a bag of snack size snickers or something like that. And my mother made the same cookies as well. Did you have the little dog one? It was like a little scotty dog and mom would put coco in the dough to make him a little brown dog. I loved those ones :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecogirl|1458005693|4005379 said:
...my mother made the same cookies as well. Did you have the little dog one? It was like a little scotty dog and mom would put coco in the dough to make him a little brown dog. I loved those ones :love:

For some reason that Scottie dog is making me have vague memories. I know we never had a brown one, but unless you just planted a seed in my mind and I began to "create" a memory (which I believe that people can do), there may have been a Scottie dog. I know if there was one that he wasn't one of the usual shapes, though. A pinwheel was, however. And, I believe, a wreath. maybe I should go to Google images and see what they have that might jog my memory!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1457985344|4005217 said:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1458016319|4005460 said:
athenaworth|1457985344|4005217 said:

:sick: :sick: :sick:

I didn't want to be the one to react. ;-)

But I was thinking :shock:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1458016033|4005457 said:
maybe I should go to Google images and see what they have that might jog my memory!

Google images had some camels (I believe they are actually dromedaries) just like the ones my mother used to make. They also had images of many cookie presses. I should have realized how many there would, now, be. Most are now plastic, lightweight, and see-through (dare I use the word "transparent" in a non-political context?). My mother's cookie press, from the 1940's or early 1950's, was metal and sturdy. The cookies she could make varied a bit from some of the current ones.

cookiepresscamelcookies.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1458000689|4005324 said:

missy-

Hi Deb, the recipe is from my MIL from the 1950's. I don't know where she got the recipe however and I will ask her and get back to you. Greg got the cookie presses from ebay many years ago (and not from his mom). They are called Classic Wear ever Cookie Press. We sprinkle red and green and sometimes a mixture of the two just because we do it for the holidays so stick to the red/green theme. I prefer them sprinkle free personally. Don't need any more sugar with that recipe lol.

_36697.jpg

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
Do you guys have these in the States?
They are the perfect combo of salty sweet. And I don't even like salty sweet things! Once I have one I can't stop myself.

doritos-bag.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can inhale a large bag of Smartfood in a single sitting. I imagine it's like a shark getting a taste of blood in the water, there is no sharing and watch your limbs as I am not responsible for my actions if you get near me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1458046234|4005544 said:
They are the perfect combo of salty sweet. And I don't even like salty sweet things! Once I have one I can't stop myself.

doritos-bag.png

OMG I don't know but these look like they are right up my dh's alley. But now that he is on a self imposed low carb/no high glycemic foods new way of eating plan these would be verboten. So stay away. :hand: :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blackprophet|1458046234|4005544 said:

I don't think so. I love all the tomato-y and cheese-y varieties of Doritos. (I rarely eat them, but I love them.) The spicier the better. I think I would have noticed these if I had ever seen a bag on a shelf!

ketchupdoritos.png

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1458043834|4005529 said:
AGBF|1458016033|4005457 said:
maybe I should go to Google images and see what they have that might jog my memory!

Google images had some camels (I believe they are actually dromedaries) just like the ones my mother used to make. They also had images of many cookie presses. I should have realized how many there would, now, be. Most are now plastic, lightweight, and see-through (dare I use the word "transparent" in a non-political context?). My mother's cookie press, from the 1940's or early 1950's, was metal and sturdy. The cookies she could make varied a bit from some of the current ones.

These are the cookies my dad had to press out for my mom; whatever dough recipe came with the press required manhandling to get it out of the press and onto the cookie sheet in its intended shape. More accurately, these were the cookies my dad cussed. :lol: Even he had difficulty using just the right amount of force to get them out in one recognizable piece. I see from the photo above, everyone has a little trouble with those cookies.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cheese fries
Triple creme brie
Pizza
Burrata
And . . . basically any local artisanal cheeses that I can find. See a theme, here? :whistle:

But I don't actually feel any guilt eating any of these things. They are delicious and delightful and totally enhance the pleasure I derive out of life on a daily basis. :angel:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1457906396|4004611 said:
As long as naughty Polished has us thinking 'naughty' thoughts ...
What naughty thing do you eat or drink that you KNOW you shouldn't?

Right now, for me, it's Naughty Costco's Kirkland Panko breaded shrimp.

TDF! :love: :cheeky: :cheeky:

WHAT?!! :shock:

I want these! I've never seen these at my local Costco! WHAT the HECK?!!

Kenny, could you please look on the box and give me the item number for these? Ima gonna call them and see if they're at any of our area Costcos.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I always have double chocolate Milanos and Goldfish crackers (pretzel or original, never cheddar) in the house. Must haves!

But I've recently developed a liking for these;

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cavendish+candy&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=71898875076&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1220350902755344152&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_9rjc30dlel_b

Cavendish and Harvey hard candies made in Germany. The fruit flavors are amazing (blueberry! pear! cherry!) and they don't have high fructose corn syrup. They're kinda pricey, but they're also at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for $3 a tin.

Also, I am a sucker for any Kirkland Signature chocolates. They are so awesome. We bought Godiva for years, but Godiva has gotten so cheap since the recession and the Kirkland is muuuuuuch better than Godiva. I also prefer Kirkland to Norman Love. It's remarkable stuff, and their Christmas box this year was ridiculous. :cheeky:

91bmghv62jl.jpg

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I'm diabetic so I have to watch my fun foods. When I get a low sugar count opportunity, I splurge on fresh squeezed orange juice, almond or hazelnut gelato, maybe a gluten free cookie, maybe half a Shipleys butterfly cinnamon roll, a really fresh non-wheat dinner roll, OR (because I can only choose one naughty food when cheating) toffee. Diabetes sucks. :roll:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, my mom loves those tins of candies! She keeps odds and ends and sewing notions in the tins when the candies are gone. That's so funny to see them posted here.

Ketchup flavored Doritos? Not familiar with those, but my husband LOVES Herr's ketchup potato chips. He brought home a case of them once and stored them in the garage. We had a brutal winter that year and some mice moved into the garage and chewed into every bag of those chips. He was soooo pissed. I had to keep a straight face and laugh internally. :lol: They're disgusting and delicious at the same time. And you have to open them upside down so you can shake all the terrible awful red coating onto every chip since it all settles during shipping, etc. It kind of makes my teeth hurt just thinking about them.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
Raw cookie dough.
Jalapeños as poppers..
Coffee with half n half.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Coconut cream, dark chocolate. It's the most sinful stuff I eat. I'm quite spartan in my habits.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
UrsTx|1458090020|4005902 said:
I'm diabetic so I have to watch my fun foods. When I get a low sugar count opportunity, I splurge on fresh squeezed orange juice, almond or hazelnut gelato, maybe a gluten free cookie, maybe half a Shipleys butterfly cinnamon roll, a really fresh non-wheat dinner roll, OR (because I can only choose one naughty food when cheating) toffee. Diabetes sucks. :roll:

It SERIOUSLY does! My DH was diagnosed a year ago, and we are still adjusting. I've often thought that if I had it, I would be soooooo pissed! :angryfire: It's really just ridiculous, and so tedious. We count every spec of carb and sugar, and it makes it hard to eat out. We even bring our own wheat rolls to burger places. ::) DH doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, though, so that's something. He's more of a peanuts and cashews person.

But here's the kicker; DH just found out that peanuts and cashews have been giving him kidney stones (high oxalate foods), so he has to cut those out too. Poor guy. :nono:

If you want a sweet treat that is low sugar, try making this quick pie.

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/chocolate-pudding-pie-107286.aspx

Just substitute sugar free cool whip and sugar free Jello Chocolate pudding mix. The only sugar is in the Oreo crust (about 6 grams for 1/8 of the pie), and if you eat the pie over a few days, it's not bad. DH walks on the treadmill after sugar, but this doesn't seem to set him off. And it's a big chocolate taste that doesn't taste sugar free, so even kids will love it.

Sorry you're dealing with this, UrsTx.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diet Dr Pepper Cherry.
Extra Toasty Cheezits.

And WHERE OH WHERE DO I HAVE TO LIVE TO GET THOSE KETCHUP DORITOS????..

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1458182424|4006547 said:
Extra Toasty Cheezits.

yes, Yes, YEs, YES, YES, YES, pant pant.

I like a lot of stuff extra toasty or crispy. Parmesan crisps, burned cheese, extra dark potato chips.

Basically, anything that isn't designated healthy appeals to me. When I die, I am going to a happy place where broccoli is poisonous and I can transfuse chocolate into my veins.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Red Bull, I generally drink a can or 2 on days that I work. I'm trying to slow down on that...
Coca Cola, I have a terrible tendency to binge and I swear I feel my kidneys crying the day after :roll:
Beef Jerky, same as coke except it's my jaw that hurts instead of my kidneys :lol:

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
So this week has been especially bad.

Cheesecake factory, Olive Garden, a Thai restaurant, and an Indian restaurant tomorrow for my birthday, and then a Chinese restaurant on Saturday with my family for my birthday.

I also made apple pie and banana bread this week.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! Forgot about the Crunchy Cheetos! Downed with two cans of Arizona Iced Tea, they're my treat on the 2-hour drive from my father's house. I finally checked labels, and it turns out the iced tea isn't so innocent either - this combination turns out to have a substantial meal's worth of calories! :oops:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Poutine!

Especially if you can find it with bacon bits and green onion :bigsmile:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK this is a bad bad thread.

I didn't know "Extra Toasty Cheezits" were a thing. I had to look it up.

Damn. Now I have to get a box.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results