shape
carat
color
clarity

Naughty.. but nice little purchase!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I over-indulged by buying this (and some other bits!) in a 'closing down' jewellers sale just before Christmas and just wanted to show it, as it's a cutie!
It's very unlike anything else I've got or ever been interested in, but the colour of the three main stones really interested me, they're an amazing teal colour ( but in poor light they look very dark) with tiny 'tested' diamonds.
It's 9ct yellow gold and the jeweller said they're teal Tourmalines, but when I took it to a jewellery workshop to have it sized they said 'lovely teal Sapphires'!
It's just a 'cheap' everyday ring but the colour and scroll detail is nice, it looks like an old style ring but it may not be as I can't make out the year stamp, it's just something nicely different for me to enjoy..naughty but nice :)

Happy New Year!

_1341.jpeg

_1342.jpeg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the setting! I was looking at something similar for my Mom, most likely it's a nice vintage repro! If you want to know what the stones actually are I would think an actual appraiser would be your best bet, there's a huge difference in the durability of sapphire vs. tourmaline, if it is tourmaline this ring will need to be worn pretty carefully!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Asscherhalo_lover,
Thank you, I hope you find something lovely for your Mom. I hadn't thought about that aspect of them possibly being Tourmalines, they're well set within the gold but like you say maybe I should view it as less 'everyday' ring just incase! This was taken before I had it enlarged so I now wear it on my third finger RH and not the pinkie/little as in the photo.
As I was lucky to get it at a great price in the sale, I'm not sure if I'll get it appraised as it might not be worth it other than for curiosity value!
Thanks again and Good luck with your present hunting.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Hounddog, Congrats on your new ring! It's lovely! :appl:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find. Pretty gemstones.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty, love the teal color!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome find! Love sapphires with yellow gold, and the scroll work.... Enjoy!!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Rockinruby, AprilBaby, marcy, JDDN and Sparklysoprano for all your kind comments.
It was so much fun looking through all the things in the sale and then this little one 'just spoke to me' :)

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
TEAL! TEAL! Stunning! Never saw before! Lovely, simply lovely! Congrats!

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Cinnamonstick :)
You've really made me smile reading that, I can feel your enthusiasm. They are a lovely colour in good light.
Thanks.

cinnamonstick

Brilliant_Rock
:) Stunning in the light of the pics! If you hit a sunny day throw us a pic in the bright light. :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naughty and nice indeed!! I like :love: :love:

Hounddog

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom, I love your collection of rings.

Hi Cinnamonstick, as soon as the sun starts shining through the grey clouds again, I'll see what I can do! Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! Love the color and antique style setting!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really nice purchase. I love it.

abbit

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Lovely stones and charming setting. :appl:

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock