shape
carat
color
clarity

naturals on gem gidle / pavilion / crown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you guys think about gems that have these? a few stones I'm considering have either naturals on the crown, pavilion or girdle, the stones are small and are really less than $100. whats your take? yay or nay?

uggg. just noticed I mispelled girdle on the topic line
40.gif

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
I'd buy the stone if everything else was groovy, and the natural was on the pavilion or bottom of girdle, and if it was not detectable face up.

On the crown? No.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2009 1:31:29 AM
Author: Moh 10
I''d buy the stone if everything else was groovy, and the natural was on the pavilion or bottom of girdle, and if it was not detectable face up.

On the crown? No.
thanks Moh - Now I gotta go back to figure out which stones had what, I remember a couple was stated not detectable and only under a loupe. I figured the pavilion was ok since when face up i won''t see it and covered anyways by the setting and one looks like it actually is on the girdle side up but would be covered by prongs.

the one on the crown states only visible at "10x on crown edge".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results