shape
carat
color
clarity

NATURAL Turkish diaspore color change stone

virgo38

Rough_Rock
have you ever seen Turkish color change stone that comes out from Turkey only. ıt ıs being called Zultanite or Csarite as a brand name.
this stone is very very rare in the world....
any lovers of this stone...

virgo38

Rough_Rock
a friend of mine here in Turkey has very very big size over 35 ct full color change stones of diaspore... and he thinks this stone will be very very expensive soon in the world....

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't fall for it. I don't know what it is but don't fall for it. They're massively windowed, ugly brownish colours and poorly saturated.

When someone tells you their the only one in the world to have this amazing 35caret (suspeciously clear) stone and it will "soon" be worth a trillion pounds.... just laugh.

virgo38

Rough_Rock
may be.. but jessica parker is wearing it... so you never now.. what will it worth tomorrow..

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm fairly sure they'll be worth tomorrow what they are today...

Do those stones look beautiful to you?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gem grade diaspore has been around since the 1980s or 1990s, so it is hardly something new in the scene. However, since mining rights were sold, the owner has been doing a huge marketing push, including the gimicky trademarked name. Some of the jewelry TV channels also push it. I would not count on it as an investment stone. It all reminds me of tanzanite.

However, it can be a pretty stone and, if you like it, go for it!

Focus on colour, not size. The stone you showed us is very large but it is also very brown. It doesn't show the pretty greens, pinks and golds. This (from AJSs) is a lovely example of fine colour and I would keep it in mind as you look for yours.

diaspore-400.jpg

virgo38

Rough_Rock
yes...I love them.....AND ı have two pieces keeping for future ... :twirl:

virgo38

Rough_Rock
yes it does color change . ı just dıdnt post it here. UNDER Yellow light ıt gets pinkish... the price is very high 1000 usd per carat.
but ı fell in love to it.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your "friend" charged you $1000 per caret for that??? Wow.

Do you love the brownish colour or the size?

In the politest way possible... please don't consider that person your friend anymore

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Virgo, how exactly do you know these stones are not glass? Or anything else? Have you had any verification?

What a generous friend that sold you something to make you a millionaire tomorrow.... why didn't he keep it for him self and he himself become a millionaire tomorrow?

virgo38

Rough_Rock
he is keeping it for himself.. but ı loved the stone. and he says he sells it he sells it to this price...
he has 1000 ct total stones and he is keeping them....

virgo38

Rough_Rock
Im not new to stones.. I know the glass ones they worth 1 dolar here in Turkey....his stones have gia cerf anyway

LindaFletcher

Rough_Rock
Hi All, I've been a lurker for awhile, I LOVE this site! I wanted to add my 2 cents regarding Turkish Diaspore (or Csarite, Zultanite, Sultanate, whatever the mine owners want to call it this week) I'm obsessed with stones that change color therefore I've wanted to purchase a Turkish Diaspore for some time now but was underwhelmed by the high prices and what appears to be a very slight color change, at least on the smaller carat stones. I found a wonderful seller on Etsy and bought a 12 carat round, had it authenticated at the jeweler as well as had them set it in a (large) solitaire yellow gold setting and I am madly in love. It changes from a olive, kiwi green & gold-ish yellow in the daytime then at night it magically is a beautiful pale pink sometimes both pinkish red flecks mixed with a yellow gold/green color, the pink is a light champagne pink, it looks kind of like a Morganite at night.
Now I understand the hype regarding this stone, it's magical! I literally can't stop watching to see what color it will turn into next. I will say the I don't see a lot of brown in my stone, it's more a golden color then brown like the stones above and the colors also look more subtle then the examples above but the color change itself is off the hook!
To sum things up, i was disillusioned with all the different names and high prices of this stone, but seeing mine in person, (and grabbing it for a fantastic price) it's a wonderful and very unusual addition to my addiction, whoops, I mean collection. :angel:

turkishdiaspore.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reminds me of andalucite. The shopping channels are hawking it under various marketing names in order to overprice it. If wanting to purchase one, search for it under the diaspore name.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am looking for buyers,I have about 5 kilograms in my hand diaspore stone, I want to sell it.
Seems like you didn't read the Forum Policy page when you signed up today, so here it is:
https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies
You'll see, e.g., that Trade members are expected to identify themselves as such & no one (be they a Trade member or a consumer) should use these forum pages to promote-solicit business, make a sale.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few of these stones and was lucky enough to visit the mine in Turkey (there's a thread somewhere on here about it). It hasn't hit the dizzy heights of "rarity" although the price some people are asking for it is ridiculous. It is only mined in small quantities but the real problem with the stone is that both colourways are fairly weak and insipid looking. A nice one will be a pale apple green and will look like a browny rose peach at night. It's not a stone that appeals to the mass market probably because of the colours. I certainly wouldn't pay $1000 per carat for it!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I visited Istanbul last year ... I wanted to get something "Turkish" to add to my collection but just couldn't bring myself to bring this ugly duckling stone home with me. I didn't see one that was even remotely attractive to my eye and the prices were really quite expensive. Don't get me started on the quality of the cutting...

LindaFetcher, Can you give us an insight in what you paid on ebay? I did try to insert the quote but dunno it works?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I visited Istanbul last year ... I wanted to get something "Turkish" to add to my collection but just couldn't bring myself to bring this ugly duckling stone home with me. I didn't see one that was even remotely attractive to my eye and the prices were really quite expensive. Don't get me started on the quality of the cutting...

Good you even saw real material. Most are fakes! I visited so many shops in Instanbul and only a couple of real ones but the colors weren't great and sold at unreasonable prices. I ended up buying directly from the source, at a gem show.

And LD, it must be interesting to have visited a mine. I saw some nice colored ones from the source, Zultani. They are bright and nice, but they asked a lot for it and it was included. The color change was good but still a dark peach, to a nice minty olive green. I wouldn't pay a lot for it though. I ended up haggling for their sample jewelry. They had a few jewelry to display the stones. Big seems to be not the name of the game for this stone but the quality of color change, at least this is what I observed from how the source were selling their stones.

Anyway here's mine. 7.53 carats in 14K rose gold with diamonds melees (the other ring with it is a morganite). I made a screenshot from their website. They do not sell set jewelry anymore. And no, it wasn't a thousand bucks per carat, because I can definitely post it at the thread "Fabulous CS ring under 1250 dollar !!!"

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a very interesting stone. I think the rings in this thread are lovely. I can see how fine examples could be very subtle and delicate, reminding me of champagne with rose petals . I can also imagine it sometimes looking insipid and watered down in less beautiful examples. It's an interesting stone.

LindaFletcher

Rough_Rock
LindaFetcher, Can you give us an insight in what you paid on ebay? I did try to insert the quote but dunno it works?

I paid $600 on Etsy for the stone, (it was marked down from $1,200 I think and then she gave me another $100 off) it's very clean for a diaspore, a brilliant round cut 12 carat with 1 visble inclusion that you can only see at a certain angle. One thing that was helpful was establishing a relationship with the seller (who was incredibly helpful) in making sure that the stone I bought had great color change.

Last edited:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in Cozumel in the spring and they were selling what they were calling Zultanite in every port jewelry store. Set in silver most pieces were in the $100-$200 USD range. They shift from a peridot green to a pale amethyst. I bought a ring on a whim, but paid less than $100 for it. I figured there's a good chance it's faux.

gary sankes

Rough_Rock
I have a few of these stones and was lucky enough to visit the mine in Turkey (there's a thread somewhere on here about it). It hasn't hit the dizzy heights of "rarity" although the price some people are asking for it is ridiculous. It is only mined in small quantities but the real problem with the stone is that both colourways are fairly weak and insipid looking. A nice one will be a pale apple green and will look like a browny rose peach at night. It's not a stone that appeals to the mass market probably because of the colours. I certainly wouldn't pay $1000 per carat for it!

gary sankes

Rough_Rock
I could us your help on a Brazilian Alexandrite i'm considering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results