shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural sapphire company reviews?

Acl

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I'm looking for some input on whether the natural Sapphire company is a trusted source for sapphires. I see they are on the trusted vendor list in this forum, but a Google search shows many negative reviews including a few on this site.

I'm considering a sapphire such as this one https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/4.00ct-ceylon-round-blue-sapphire-b5444-/

This Sapphire is certified by the Gia, so I'd like to think I can feel pretty confident in the untreated claim. But I have read a few reviews of people feeling tricked on the color once they receive their Sapphire, claiming the NSC used lighting tricks and inflated the color intensity, and then wouldn't accept the return. However most of these complaints I can find are from many years ago.

Can anyone speak to recent experiences with this company? Or to whether or not this Sapphire looks like a good purchase?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jbows

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hmmm Honestly no, I wouldn't call them trusted considering
https://usaherald.com/michael-arnstein-headed-prison-fake-de-indexing-blames-everyone/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rged-w-forging-ct-orders-re-ps-others.230719/

There's a lot of history with this company. IMO at your own risk in dealing with them.
My question is how a business owner can be that terrible at spelling and grammar. Sure, they are shady as anything. But Michael Arnstein also can’t spell it’s/its correctly? It’s not fair... I want to be loaded and also be a moron! :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My question is how a business owner can be that terrible at spelling and grammar. Sure, they are shady as anything. But Michael Arnstein also can’t spell it’s/its correctly? It’s not fair... I want to be loaded and also be a moron! :lol:
Hmmm...... covfefe?:shifty::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
would not go near them even with someone else's wallet. Most stones seam overpriced and the cuts or horrible. Then there is the little fact that the owner faked court documents to have negative reviews removed online

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve done a search myself and round unheated blue sapphires around 4 carats and under $10,000 are like unicorns!
Gosh, even the heated ones are an arm and a leg (see James Allen).
Are there any US vendors (I’m an Aussie) who have sources or contacts to help find you your sapphire?

Kevin Bryant

Rough_Rock
Trade
I’ve done a search myself and round unheated blue sapphires around 4 carats and under $10,000 are like unicorns!
Are there any US vendors (I’m an Aussie) who have sources or contacts to help find you your sapphire?

4 ct Aussie sapphires should be easy to come by for cheap just not in good blue I cut this for my wife and with 14kt gold setting I am under $1200 17952839_148616892338291_4546149462399499313_n.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
There's bad blood between the Natural Sapphire Co and PS. I dealt with them earlier this year before joining PS forums and did not have a negative experience. They were prompt and courteous with emails.

I don't condone the shady business practice of doctoring images. However, it is true that they have the biggest selection of sapphires that I know of in an online retailer, and their 360 degree video is even better than James Allen's.

If you were looking for anything else (i.e. a different cut, not round, or a smaller stone) there's a bunch of places I would urge you to look before the Natural Sapphire Co. However, you're looking for something specific and rare, and the Natural Sapphire Co is the most reputable seller that I know has such a stone in stock now.

I think you should take advantage of the viewing period that Natural Sapphire Co offers. If you purchase the stone and it's not what you thought it was, you can return it within 14 days. They did have distasteful business practice of faking images in the past (which I'm not sure they do anymore, since the 360 video seems to be using new equipment, and it would be more difficult to fake every frame of that) and trying to remove critical posts on PS. However, I don't think you have anything to lose from giving it a shot, because you can always return it, and I haven't heard about payment scams from them.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Yes, that is what worries me too. I am still waiting for someone to buy the stone chrono suggested a few months ago

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/gemstones/?sku=G85699

It is stunning, but it is just shy 4 cts. and heated. If that is indicative 4+cts. unheated with good colour and cut will be expensive.

Op my major objection to that option would be that it is grayish and has a window (these terms are explained in the new to coloured gemstones thread at the top of the forum). Afterwards I would simply accept natural sapphire company as a colourful character with an interesting past and hence seek a lab report from AGL (something you should be doing anyway).

Acl

Rough_Rock
Well, that one went to someone else apparently, so it wasn't the one for me either way.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I don't know about NSC, aside that I don't trust big companies at all, but I wanted to remark that your sapphire, while beautiful and adventurous, was probably so reasonable because of its unusual shape? Extra-fancy shapes can be had for good discounts. Round, as requested by the OP, seems to be the most expensive of all shapes.
4 ct Aussie sapphires should be easy to come by for cheap just not in good blue I cut this for my wife and with 14kt gold setting I am under $1200 17952839_148616892338291_4546149462399499313_n.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results