shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural Sapphire Company in another controversy

Bobthebuilder

Rough_Rock
Natural Sapphire Company in another controversy now alleges Angara .com is stealing its images
http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Blog/
Check out this blog by Michael Arnstein alleging that Angara.com is stealing its stone images
Why would another company like Angara.com do such a trick? All sounds crazy
All this points to another pertinent question
Is it too risky to buy color stones on-line ?​
There is already lot of talk about The Natural sapphire Company Photoshoping its images ; may be many more companies are doing it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Bobthebuilder|1311921560|2979601 said:
Natural Sapphire Company in another controversy now alleges Angara .com is stealing its images
http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Blog/
Check out this blog by Michael Arnstein alleging that Angara.com is stealing its stone images
Why would another company like Angara.com do such a trick? All sounds crazy
All this points to another pertinent question
Is it too risky to buy color stones on-line ?​
There is already lot of talk about The Natural sapphire Company Photoshoping its images ; may be many more companies are doing it.

What a very bizarre post.

Frankly, the NSC have zero interest for me - I rarely bothered to visit their site before the photoshopping stuff.

Otherwise I have happily and safely bought coloured stones online for years. If you have trusted vendors like most of those named on PS, then why would you worry? I've see some real horrors in B&M stores.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, a NSC competitor? hahaha. Good to know that they are on a watch list for 'funny stuff' though. I pointed them out to a friend shopping for a padparascha a few months ago, before I knew they photoshopped their images.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
TristanC|1311926639|2979619 said:
Hmm, a NSC competitor? hahaha.

Competitor or disgruntled employee? I'm suspicious of these one post wonders.

No opinion on NSC, I haven't dealt with them but it's odd you're posting on this site because they're not a vendor that gets recommended here a lot anyway. I know, I just bought a sapphire and I looked at about 6 vendors that get recommended a lot here.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
This "controversy" seems not to be of their own making. Pictures get stolen on the internet a lot. Jeff Graham had many of his pictures appropriated by a company in India I think it was. They used his pictures all over their website and as representations of the stones they had on offer. He was rightly pissed and wrote about it on his own website too.

"All this points to another pertinent question
Is it too risky to buy color stones on-line ?"

The question aaaaalllll this has lead you too isn't really pertinent. It is risky to buy anything online or in person if you do not do your due diligence first.

Thanks for letting us know that NSC has been victimized by the theft of their intellectual property, that is, their copyrighted images having been mis-appropriated by an other commercial interest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results