color
clarity

Natural Ruby?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a bag of loose Vintage and Antique garnets;

Garnet Bag 1.jpg

You can see they are the same colour mostly as your ring stone. I've picked out a dark red (dark ruby coloured) oval, I think it should be pretty similar to your ring stone;

Garnet Loose oval 1 .jpg

You are more than welcome to have it if you pay for the shipping which depending upon where you live will be around $20 to $25.00USD from Australia where I live to where ever you live.

My direct email is down the bottom of this listing;

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a bag of loose Vintage and Antique garnets;

Garnet Bag 1.jpg

You can see they are the same colour mostly as your ring stone. I've picked out a dark red (dark ruby coloured) oval, I think it should be pretty similar to your ring stone;

Garnet Loose oval 1 .jpg

You are more than welcome to have it if you pay for the shipping which depending upon where you live will be around $20 to $25.00USD from Australia where I live to where ever you live.

My direct email is down the bottom of this listing;

can i come over (after covid 19) and play in that bag of garnets
i so want to run my hands through them :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
can i come over (after covid 19) and play in that bag of garnets
i so want to run my hands through them :appl:

Also, wouldn't this look AMAZING as gravel in a fish tank. A total PSer move right there!.

LondonRuby

Rough_Rock
That's so generous, Arkie, thank you! It's shocking how similar they look to the 'ruby' I was looking at. Do all garnets have an orange glint when put to the light? On one of the pics, the ring I was looking at has some pink/red, but looks like the seller took the photo with lots of light coming through.

I have two rings with garnets but they're smaller than yours - amazing collection! I've never been tempted by lose stones before but it must be great to have such a collection of them.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Lovedogs, that is a charming little ring. The fact that the seller says heat only strongly suggests that he/she has obtained some sort of certification. You could ask. But hurry, I am tempted, cert. or no.

voce

Ideal_Rock
The fact that the seller says heat only strongly suggests that he/she has obtained some sort of certification.

You should not assume that this is the case. Plenty of antique sellers just loupe it and assume unheated or heat only, without submitting their goods to be tested in a lab. Some of them will offer a refund if the buyer sends it to a lab and it tests otherwise, but you should not assume that all vendors will only make a claim on the treatment of the gem after getting the gem tested at a lab with the equipment required to distinguish between heat-only and heat-with-diffusion.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovedogs, that is a charming little ring. The fact that the seller says heat only strongly suggests that he/she has obtained some sort of certification. You could ask. But hurry, I am tempted, cert. or no.

haha it's all yours! But @voce is right, I wouldn't assume that the seller has a cert. It's often just someone's own opinion when vintage pieces are involved.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
at the price you're paying more for the gold than the stone. it doesn't look like a ruby to me but I'm not an expert.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Rest assured, I wouldn't take their word for it, and wouldn't actually buy it without asking to see the report. But I have seen plenty of uglier pieces with shadier pedigrees for more money than this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results