shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural Guidance Search: Round 4 - 4.5 CTTW for up to $60K

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
I'm helping a friend and this is a pretty crazy ask. I have tried to convince him to go lab-grown but his fiance won't let him.

Nonetheless, I came to the professionals to help find the best round stone for the best price under $60K.

Who can find me the best stone???

Thank you so much!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately that size in that budget Is going to be tricky. Any thoughts on color?

Most vendors don't carry that ct size, and the budget is more suited to 3-3.5. Would he consider smaller?

Whiteflash, Victor canera, and Brian gavin are folks with super ideal cuts, so for that much money I'd wsnt the best. But again, they won't really stock sizes that large normally.

Options:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Sent him all of those options.. thank you guys so much.. I'll keep everyone updated!!!!

Keep em coming if you find any others that are solid ;-)

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The cut on that one is poor. Do you see how symmetric and even the arrows are on the one that @Kim N chose?

You want organized light return to the eye, especially in larger sizes. For that money, be careful not to buy a piece of broken glass.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The james Allen stone is quite deep, so for 51 points of weight difference between the BN and the JA stones, there's only .3 of a mm in width difference. But THREE color grades and $27,000 difference in price! That makes the BN diamond a HUGELY good deal in my opinion. The 3.02ct WF obviously has cut on its side, but it's closer to the more expensive stone in price, and it's much smaller than both of the other diamonds.

i think all three diamonds have definite pros and cons, but, really, if your friend was willing to drop to 3.5ct, he could get an exceptionally white, large diamond, for a killer price.

There's also this one:

The photo is poor and, I suspect, not straight on. You'd need to see the GIA report and it, also, might be not ideal. But his girlfriend also might not care. The stone is also not overly deep - giving you only .2 of a mm width diff between this and the 4ct diamond. In a diamond of that size, it would be unlikely she could tell the difference. be aware, tho, a 4ct diamond is normally more like 10.3mm.

This diamond is also a VS1 clarity - meaning it's very clean, and that might matter more to her than ideal specs (tho I *do* think the specs on this for cut are good at *least*, and beyond that, she may well not care. Given his budget, he's going to have to compromise somewhere, or he's looking more at around 80+k).

Brilliance also is offering 20% off a customer's first purchase. I would normally assume that only applied to settings, not diamonds, except that *I* got 15% off when I bought my first diamond a couple of months back. So - worth checking.

And re trying to convince him to buy a lab diamond - please don't! The provenance of those 2 items is so hugely different, they're not interchangeable, and if a person wants one or the other, whichever that is, then that's what they want!

Good luck!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cut on that one is poor. Do you see how symmetric and even the arrows are on the one that @Kim N chose?

You want organized light return to the eye, especially in larger sizes. For that money, be careful not to buy a piece of broken glass.

Agree
@Kim N thoughts on this one??

Definitely not this one

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Interesting task from your friend @KingsDude - a tall order for sure - makes it more interesting.

I submit this stone as a potential solution - same color and similar cut proportions to the one @Kim N submitted above - others will weigh in but thought I would get in on the act. Not the best stone for $60k, but the best ~4ct stone for $60k - an interesting challenge for you.

Take a look at this stone here - see what you think and others will opine as well.

Good luck in your search - Perhaps you'll be the best man.

Last edited:

KingsDude

Rough_Rock
Interesting task from your friend @KingsDude - a tall order for sure - makes it more interesting.

I submit this stone as a potential solution - others will weigh in but thought I would get in on the act. Not the best stone for $60k, but the best ~4ct stone for $60k - an interesting challenge.

Take a look at this stone here - see what you think and others will opine as well.

Which one specifically as the link itself takes me to a group of them? Is it this one?

1714595517440.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that’s the one.

In fact, your friend might want to reach out to Jonathan @Rhino at Distinctive Gem directly. He might be able to find some thing in your friend’s parameters. Jonathan also has all of the imaging equipment needed to show optimal light performance. He’s a long time Pricescoper.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I submit this stone as a potential solution - same color and similar cut proportions to the one @Kim N submitted above - others will weigh in but thought I would get in on the act. Not the best stone for $60k, but the best ~4ct stone for $60k - an interesting challenge for you.

I like this one!

Old_Fossil

Rough_Rock
Yes @KingsDude , that is the one - the 4.03 I color SI1. Onward!

@0515vision gives sage advice - you or the King should get on the horn (pun intended) with Rhino, see what is in the realm of the possible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results