shape
carat
color
clarity

Natural Fancy Yellow Diamonds - Color vs Cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strattonvt

Rough_Rock
I have read that when evaluating the value of natural fancy yellow diamonds - the cut is not as important as color, and that diamonds are cut to optimize the color of the stone. I am considering a diamond that has the following characteristics:

Color - Natural Fancy Intense Yellow
Cut - Cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant
Weight - 2.28 ct
Depth - 60.6%
Table - 69%
Clarity - VS1

Should I be concerned about the shallow depth? Will this diamond be a dull intense yellow or will it still have sparkle? I would appreciate any feedback anyone might be able to offer.

Thank you!!

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is true that most cutters are trying to make the intensity as great as they can by how the cut the diamond. There are some cutters that still produce an outstanding cut and retain the color. Eightstar has done this on many fancy colored diamonds and they are fantastic.

I would urge you to compare any fancy colored diamonds you are thinking about to each other (if at all possible). This is a very unique ball game your entering and I didn't see where you mentioned any GIA report. I would certainly only buy it with a report if you are wanting a natural fancy colored diamond.

The one you mention above could be a great stone but I would certainly investigate it further and maybe consider an outside opinion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results