carat
color
clarity

Blog Natural Diamond Prices - December 2021

bcmacdonald

Staff member
Natural-Diamond-Prices-blog-post-1024x576.png

bcmacdonald published a new blog post.
Not another variant! Just as we were climbing up the ladder of economic recovery, the COVID-19 global pandemic is proving once again that it isn't leaving us any time soon. However, what does this mean for the natural diamond industry? There has been an increase in lab-grown diamond adopters and a decrease in consumers' budgets when it comes to...

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It'll be interesting to see how prices trend over the next few months after the holiday demand dwindles.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We look at a lot of stones that aren’t reflected on any indexes. Y-Z for example. Fancy colors in general.
Percentage-wise, these categories make up a small fraction of the diamond market…. But they are not tethered to Rap…. It’s interesting to see how they relate.
Based on what I’m seeing: in sizes above 1.50 it seems that the increases on asking prices are greater than what Rap and PS indexes chart.
Of course, that is asking, as opposed to actual trades.
But for sure, dealers holding “no excuses “ (nicer goods) in these categories are getting very high prices or not selling.
We were working with a 5 ct last week where the price went up about 10% in less than a week. It’s really unusual for dealers to raise prices in the midst of negotiations…… but it’s happening now.
In the specific case we had, even the 10% higher new price was a bargain compared to other stones I was finding. As unusual as it was to change the price , I had to admit I completely understood.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results