shape
carat
color
clarity

natural blue sapphire for e ring lessons learned

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

topcatskin

Rough_Rock
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Thank you for the info and guidance. I purchased a natural blue sapphire from NSC. I had it appraised and have forwarded it to GIA to confirm untreated, unheated claim. I have no pics of the stone as of yet but am working with Maytal to have a ring designed.

I received an email from Robert Hughes with a link for UV low freq fluresence test for heat treated sapphires. MY stone glowed dark maroon (like looking at an eclipse of venus) which only indicates that there is chromium in it. If it was heat treated it would appear chalky white/blue under UV low freq light. IF anyone especially a "newbie" has any questions I will be happy to answer.

ONly two initial lessons learned come to mind: 1) view sapphire under fluorescent, incondescent, and natural light (low and high light), and 2) forward stone immediately to GIA or AGTA if it is unheated, natural. My GIA appraiser recommended it for insurance purposes, since insurance companies need verification for replacement purposes that the stone was natural and the NSC/company certificate may not suffice. Well, three: 3) read as much as possible on this forum before shopping...I have learned more since purchasing stone than before.

I look forward to sharing stone and ring design in near future.

R/

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very cool. Is there a link to the sapphire on the website? I think lots of people would love to see it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t you love working with Steven Bliss? I have purchased all my Padparadscha''s from him. He is a doll to work with and always answered my many questions.

Can''t wait to see pictures of your setting and stone.

linda

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love NSC!! I bought a lovely cushion sapphire from them. Am looking forward to seeing your stone and the setting. Maytal will do a great job. I love her work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results