shape
carat
color
clarity

Native American sterling bead necklace

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this broken necklace at a yard sale on Friday for $1.00....whaaa? Are people crazy?
It's probably Navajo, but I'm not
100% sure.

I couldn't wait to take it home and fix it. The chain was broken so I had to solder it back together, then restring. It turned out great!
IMG_20200802_221207.jpg IMG_20200802_221414.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And it gets to live a 2nd life with you :kiss2:
im really happy you rescued it =)2

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find! And what a beeeautiful necklace!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gift in a couple of senses. Not only can you find the beauty in broken items (which turn out to be real treasures) but you can also fix them to good as new. I'm glad you rescued it, looks great!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gift in a couple of senses. Not only can you find the beauty in broken items (which turn out to be real treasures) but you can also fix them to good as new. I'm glad you rescued it, looks great!

When I was a little kid, I watched my Dad do stuff like this. He could fix anything! I guess I just took his lead.
Plus, I really do find satisfaction in refurbishing something.
I'm wearing it to work today!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, people are crazy! I never find deals like this. I don't know what the trick is. Canadians tend to way overprice anything jewelry related, online and even at garage sales. Places like Goodwill do the same. Antique stores, malls and even flea markets have crazy prices. It's such a bonus that you have the skills to immediately identify AND are able to fix things!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing find and I am so glad you gave it a new life. It hurts my heart when something amazing is scrapped and not fixed.

I agree. I have to save them all! I buy lots of broken/damaged stuff at yard and estate sales. Making them whole again is my mission!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought this broken necklace at a yard sale on Friday for $1.00....whaaa? Are people crazy?
It's probably Navajo, but I'm not
100% sure.

I couldn't wait to take it home and fix it. The chain was broken so I had to solder it back together, then restring. It turned out great!
IMG_20200802_221207.jpg IMG_20200802_221414.jpg

Omg so beautiful! If it was sold in Albuquerque this could be Pueblo Indian, you could literally try calling the shop and seeing if they could identify it for you.

What an amazing beautiful piece, I‘m so glad it’s in a good home.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg so beautiful! If it was sold in Albuquerque this could be Pueblo Indian, you could literally try calling the shop and seeing if they could identify it for you.

What an amazing beautiful piece, I‘m so glad it’s in a good home.

The location listed on the box is about 3 miles from where I live here in Albuquerque!
I looked for it, but the shop is no longer there.

Mostly Navajos make this kind of hollow bead necklace. The Pueblos (there are 19 Pueblos here in New Mexico!) each have traditional jewelry styles.
Because it is not signed in any way, I cannot rule out Pueblo made. So you could be right about that!

I'm so happy to have it. I have worn it a bunch of times already!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The location listed on the box is about 3 miles from where I live here in Albuquerque!
I looked for it, but the shop is no longer there.

Mostly Navajos make this kind of hollow bead necklace. The Pueblos (there are 19 Pueblos here in New Mexico!) each have traditional jewelry styles.
Because it is not signed in any way, I cannot rule out Pueblo made. So you could be right about that!

I'm so happy to have it. I have worn it a bunch of times already!

So cool. I also lived in ABQ (NE part of town) but I’m not an expert, just a fan of SW vintage jewelry. And a fan of New Mexico in general. Enjoy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results