shape
carat
color
clarity

Narrowest carré/E-W emerald band you've seen?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would really like a carré/E-W emerald band, but I don't want my set to be too wide. What's out there without going fully custom? The smallest I have found so far is 2.6 mm.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want alternating carr cuts and emeralds? Can you give us a link to what you have found already?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
The LM bands are pretty hardy I think. I have two and wear them a lot - I don't baby my rings at all and they have been fine so far, have had them for over a year now.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pancake I meant the second way, specifically, with just one such band holding a centerstone, and no wedding band or other rings adjacent. I know you have two, if you're wearing them together - or w/ your Ering in the middle - you're adding a lot of apparent bulk and strength against any torque. If you wore just one alone regularly without extreme care I have no doubt that it would warp sooner rather than later, esp. since it's plat. - my plain 1.5mm plat. band is quite out of round after two years of regular house-wear.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1312043411|2980529 said:
You want alternating carr cuts and emeralds? Can you give us a link to what you have found already?
Tiffany has a 2.6 and I have seen a number of others in that width

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1312059120|2980689 said:
Very pretty but I don't think frenches will have the look I want against my emerald center...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I think 2.5 is a good width, and I personally wouldn't go below 2mm, because it sort of defeats the purpose of the work. Pave would probably look better in thinner than 2mm, and you can get pave that shows very little metal to complete the look. It wouldn't show as a carre band at less than 2mm, unless you look really really closely I think.

But if it is for your personal enjoyment and that is what you wish to get, LM does the thinnest I have seen.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For wedding band wear (as distinguished from stacking ring or RHR wear) I'm not a fan of anything under 2mm. No matter WHO makes it. I have a 2 mm pave band and yes, I've seen MANY MANY bands thinner than mine. Some made by some seriously well regarded craftsmen and stunning in platinum... but I've kinda pinched them a bit (ya know, in the store while the sales person isn't REALLY paying that much attention) and umm... they really feel flimsy UNLESS the height is around 1.8 or 2mm. So what I am saying is... it's not just the width that determines the stability and the wear, but also the depth/height of the setting as well. So I'd ask about that. Some people don't like the look of a ring that's super skinny from the top but wider from the height though, so ya end up with skimpy all around.

I would be fine with anything that is 2mm platinum though IF the quality was good. And with a warranty.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In the end I think it might be best to go plain gold. I would rather compromise on diamonds than mm. Thank you everyone!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ gypsy: your post is HILARIOUS when you think of the word "pinching" as a synonym for shoplifting!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG... :oops: I meant actually pinching. Like between my fingers to see how strong they are and how out of shape they get with a little pressure.

Hilarious when you think of it as stealing though... but no, I don't steal jewelry. Even if the sales people ARE inattentive. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results