shape
carat
color
clarity

Nanny Questions

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
This is a great thread. I am thrilled that I was able to get family to take care of my LO for now, but down the road, may be ISO of nanny and this is very instructive. It's such a hard decision. I had initially thought daycare would be safer than nanny, for the reasons mentioned above, but touring turned me off (thought the littlest kids just needed more one-on-one care than the center I toured provided) and of course, a horror story from a friend (she showed up at an off hour, found her kid crying and neglected in a crib while the two care givers were doing something totally un-childcare related. :mad: )

LV, I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. Sittercity.com is another option to Care.com, if you want to see more candidates. As far as the nanny bringing a kid, it sounds like you've decided on "No". I might be OK with it if it brought a better quality candidate...i.e. a highly educated mom who wanted a job that allowed her to spend time with her young kid, too and who had the same values you had for child care (e.g. patience, lots of interaction, learning activities, spending time outside). In fact, if I hadn't found a part time position in my field, I would have seriously considered doing such a thing myself. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results