shape
carat
color
clarity

Nancy Pelosi's Pearls

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I was watching one of Sunday morning shows couple of weeks ago and Nancy Pelosi was on talking about tax reform. A topic near and dear to my heart but I could only concentrate on the pearl strand she was wearing. It was mesmorizing! I could not look away - the luster, the size, the colors :love:

Could not put it out of my mind since then. Lo and behold, I see that someone else have noticed because Tahitianpearls.biz has a Pelosi style strand for sale. http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/pelosi-south-sea-pearl-necklace-mnpr.htm.......
Now, the pearls are "in the style of" but Nancy's strand looked a lot nicer and lot more expensive too :$$):

Here are a few pics of her pearls. Nice selection of white, golden and dark tahitians!

Attachments

• NP pearls3.bmp
    351.6 KB · Views: 2,229
  • NP pearls1.bmp
    312.4 KB · Views: 2,145
  • NP pearls2.bmp
    312.4 KB · Views: 2,121

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couple more shots at different angles.

Attachments

• NP pearls4.bmp
    703.2 KB · Views: 2,249
  • NP pearls5.bmp
    263.4 KB · Views: 2,219

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those are nice NL :love: I guess I'm not the only one who noticed her pearls!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl source has sold a copy of her pearls for years. Ever since she was famous for these multi color South Sea pearls which caught the attention of women everywhere when she was on the news. The other colors of South Sea are beautiful but they are not assigned the name Pelosi.... Hillary Clinton wears beautiful pearls also.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great pearls! i can't bring myself to spend that kind of $ on them, though. sigh. rather pay the house off........

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1338729040|3208250 said:
Pearl source has sold a copy of her pearls for years. Ever since she was famous for these multi color South Sea pearls which caught the attention of women everywhere when she was on the news. The other colors of South Sea are beautiful but they are not assigned the name Pelosi.... Hillary Clinton wears beautiful pearls also.

Nancy's pearls are pretty especially the round strand of Tahitian, white SS and gold SS. If I remember correctly the Pelosi style has been recreated by other vendors including PP. I've seen so many huge, faux ones sold everywhere, including shell pearls. I am not a fan of those, tin cup or strands. A strand of Pelosi style in baroque pearls would be much more unique, IMHO.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting. I guess I never paid attention to her pearls before. Is Clinton also famous for hers? Never noticed pearls on her. Those pantsuits blind me :cheeky: :cheeky: .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I always like the Pelosi pearls, but what gets me is Cuddy on the show House; she always has awesome pearls on. :love:

These are smaller, but still look nice, IMHO. I think they might be more wearable for everyday.

http://www.tahitianpearls.biz/south-sea-pearl-necklace/tahitian_and_south_sea_pearl_necklace_mnbb.htm

You can call them and ask what else they have, like most vendors they seem to only have a small amount on their website. They might have some that are slightly less round that would cut the cost in half.

The funny thing is that before I owned pearls I never really noticed them. NOW, I get excited when I see a nice strand in public on on a politician. I feel that I can appreciate them more now.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I agree Bean. I also find it interesting how lousy most pearls are in jewelry stores. If you don't know what a great quality pearl is suposed to look like you have no reference when shopping. Sales staff know next to nothing and I have been amazed what they tell you when you stop to inqure.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh I know! The woman has some great pearls. Something interesting.... She sometimes uses one of the jewelers in the Shreve building here in SF to have her pearls re strung. He told me about it last time I was there ( set my three stone ring there ). I guess he went to school with her husband.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
preetimarity|1339427521|3213758 said:
The truth is those strands of SS and Tahitian pearl necklace are quite expensive.:(
http://www.pearlacce.com/100140-mm-white-south-sea-pearl-necklace-18-p-1074.html

I wish I could have one.

I know what you mean. But a less expensive alternative can be big freshwaters. They don't look exactly the same but can look amazing in there own special way, and at a fraction f the cost of course.

ETA: plus they will last almost FOREVER being solid nacre. Look how well some those old natural pearls have done over the years.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1339496898|3214452 said:
I agree Bean. I also find it interesting how lousy most pearls are in jewelry stores. If you don't know what a great quality pearl is suposed to look like you have no reference when shopping. Sales staff know next to nothing and I have been amazed what they tell you when you stop to inqure.

So true. Or when you do see nice ones in a jewelry store the price is over the top expensive.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1339471871|3214325 said:
The funny thing is that before I owned pearls I never really noticed them. NOW, I get excited when I see a nice strand in public on on a politician. I feel that I can appreciate them more now.

That's very true for me as well. I was recently in a meeting with a senior woman at work (position not age). She wore a strand of good size chocolate pearls. Don't think I would've noticed them a year ago but now I studied them pretty closely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results