Name my newbie!

• Sebastian

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Ariel

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t normally go for princess cut stones but when the I NEED THAT feeling strikes, a girl is as powerless as Cinderella who can’t go to the ball because of an unfair parental power dynamic or Snow White and the morally ambiguity of consent with being kissed while unconscious. But while I hated those classic Disney princess movies, I jammed on The Little Mermiad. Maybe I needed some color in my princesses…

Just pulled the trigger on the 1 carat fancy brown, kind of orangyey-pink princess from DBL. It is set with two classsic side stones in a white and rose, brown gold setting.

The PRONGS…just look at those prongs. I must have been a prong in a prior life because that’s what makes or breaks pieces for me. I am such a sucker for a good claw prong, like a little Sebastian the Crab claw holding my stones for me.

The are DBL’s photos, hand shots when she arrives. F615E3A7-5FFC-4957-A11F-71F5FBD73A8F.jpeg E7C85CA7-C05E-401F-B121-B884D8C220A9.jpeg E6813313-427E-4FD6-B4DD-BA0F07779716.jpeg

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ariel is absolutely my favorite Disney Princess and still by favorite soundtrack. So I voted for Ariel. However I named my kitty Sebastian.
FB_IMG_1631908168950.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Ariel is absolutely my favorite Disney Princess and still by favorite soundtrack. So I voted for Ariel. However I named my kitty Sebastian.
FB_IMG_1631908168950.jpg

What a cutie Mr. Sebastian is!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I think of Ariel as red and turquoise. I vote Sebastian.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had voted Sebastian but it’s a princess should hand a princess name.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The descriptions of the classics are making me laugh :bigsmile:

Beauty and the Beast is my favourite. Always has been. The Little Mermaid is an awfully close second though!!

Ariel. But now I’m wondering just how many of us may have been prongs in prior lives? :geek:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd call her Coral. Obviously for her color, but mainly because she's too feminine to be a Sebastian, and Coral was a shy mermaid who played cymbals in Sebastian's orchestra. In other words - someone who packed more WHAM than apparent at first glance!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i dont do Disney princess but seeing your stone i get the connection (althought thankfully i know neither the movie or the sound track)
its a beautiful ring and the colour is lovelly and defiatly deserves a name you love

sorry to insult the dear kitty above but my uncle had a chewawawa (excuse spelling) called Sebastian

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd call her Coral. Obviously for her color, but mainly because she's too feminine to be a Sebastian, and Coral was a shy mermaid who played cymbals in Sebastian's orchestra. In other words - someone who packed more WHAM than apparent at first glance!

oh i love this
i was trying to remember if the little mermaid had a name before i read your post but your idea is much more classic
if she had been blue i would have called her Marina for the mute girl in Stingray

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beauty and the Beast is my favourite. Always has been. The Little Mermaid is an awfully close second though!!

Derailing thread here but now I’m wondering if we’re close in age because this could have come right out of my mouth. :mrgreen:

Also, I’m going to second Mrs.B and say Coral. It’s perfect!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sebastian! Ariel seems too feminine for this ring. The brown with the straight lines of the baguettes give me a "strong" vibe so I'm
going with the male name! Besides, "Sebastian" is sooo cute and just sounds full of character!

I'm with you on the "claw" prong analogy!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Sebastian was the winner and he arrived this morning. The setting is very substantial, a comfy and wearable ring. This is my first purchase from Diamonds by Lauren and David was great to work with.

Sebastian is quite a bit smaller than most of my rings but fancy colored diamonds are more about their color than their size, right? That said this is a fancy yellow, orange & brown modifiers.

But look at this little stone (5mm) punching above it’s weight, in the morning sunlight. No filters :) Amazing rosé tones in this little coral firecracker!

20DEAD6F-619A-493A-A51A-BE5EC275CC5E.jpeg D994E033-CB89-436A-973D-21E43865CA06.jpeg 699E3289-05EA-4BA2-B5A2-4DA7DE4B0EC1.jpeg

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s a hand shot, indoor light. F4813C93-BDA5-4E6F-AC50-9AC8DE074FE1.jpeg

I’m a sucker for prongs too! And those are outstanding.
The color of that stone as well. A kaleidoscope of coral, pink, peach…Wowzers!
The name Sebastian…perfect.
So glad everyone here names their stones. I always have and thought it might be considered weird until I found you all so thank you!
On the Princess topic I must admit my fave princess is Cinderella. Growing up I was not allowed to play with Barbie dolls (my mother thought they were too “developed” which I never understood so I simply waited until I got to my best friends house and played there!)
Anyway at the risk of TMI, my mother wasn’t a fan of Cinderella either so, of course, Cinderella remains my favorite!!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
"Sebariel"

giphy.gif

M

MillieLou

Stunning ring!! DBL seems to make the most beautiful, substantial yet elegant settings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results