shape
carat
color
clarity

Name one thing that is stressing you out atm and one thing that is bringing you joy

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: I had early pancreatic cancer 3 years ago and all has been fine. My hairdresser noticed my neck is swollen 2 weeks ago and I called the dr. It was a 2 week wait for an appt. I go tomorrow. Tomorrow is the worst day of the polar vortex so they may not be open. If they are not, I will go to ER.
Joy: new Granddaughter 2.5 weeks early this morning!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: I had early pancreatic cancer 3 years ago and all has been fine. My hairdresser noticed my neck is swollen 2 weeks ago and I called the dr. It was a 2 week wait for an appt. I go tomorrow. Tomorrow is the worst day of the polar vortex so they may not be open. If they are not, I will go to ER.

Awesome hairdresser! I hope you are able to get in safely and the swelling turns out to be just a minor issue that is easily fixed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congratulations @AprilBaby :appl:how wonderful!

And hoping your swollen neck turns out to be nothing serious.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby Did you manage to get to the Doctor? Please let us know how you are & sending hugs.

Stress: The fact that my husband has so many overseas trips looming.
Amsterdam next week for 2 days for work.
Tenerife for 4 days in 2 weeks to settle the sale on his fathers properties.
San Francisco for 10 days in 4 weeks for work & meetings.
Norway for 6 days in June for the Arctic Circle Marathon with his mum.

Joy: The fact that my husband has so many overseas trips looming :Up_to_something:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: Hubby has a job interview in SoCal next week. We moved from that very area to NJ Aug 2017, it was very stressful, I didn't want the move, but financially, we had to. Now this. Yes, it's where I want to be, but moving back will cause all other kinds of stress, including the one reason I wanted to move back: family. MIL, FIL, SisIL, Brother's family, elderly aunt. Also: DD1 is seriously considering moving back here to go to school (planning, even,) while DD2 currently goes to school in CA. Yes, stress, and you all are the only people I've told about it.

Joy: DD2 is going to be studying abroad for her spring quarter. DH and I will be flying out with her, to Ireland, then over to Paris, where she will begin her studies. We will stay there a few days, then finish back in Ireland before we fly home.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: ongoing litigation with the builder of my house. It's been two years and we're hoping to have a resolution in a few months. After that, still need to do repairs. The whole thing sucks.

Joy: our kitties are almost full grown and finally calming down. There's a "squee" moment pretty much every day. :kiss2:

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

Sending fairy dust for a safe drive to the doctor!

Congrats on the granddaughter!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: my spending habits

Joy: My goodies from my spending habits.
Love you LLJs. Spot on!

My biggest stress: Two days ago the tenant in DD’s house presented me with 25-30 pounds of mail, including bills that were 4 months old and overdue. I had no idea this mail was not being taken care of and found her health insurance has been cancelled and her services like gas & electric were being turned off. I am taking care of my life and her life and we are both living in two countries. She can’t legally work there and has lost her clients here, so I am paying all the bills, great and small. Very complicated for this old brain and sad for my bling fund : )

7FC0FD37-0EDF-40F7-B111-03B483DD4BEB.jpeg

Biggest joy: I am drawing again, finding it exciting and a wonderfully meditative mind space.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joy: The fact that my husband has so many overseas trips looming :Up_to_something:

Oooh @Alex T please let me know if/when you might be heading to the New York city area. You know we are over due a GTG. I want to give my curly hair sister a big (((hug))).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love you LLJs. Spot on!

My biggest stress: Two days ago the tenant in DD’s house presented me with 25-30 pounds of mail, including bills that were 4 months old and overdue. I had no idea this mail was not being taken care of and found her health insurance has been cancelled and her services like gas & electric were being turned off. I am taking care of my life and her life and we are both living in two countries. She can’t legally work there and has lost her clients here, so I am paying all the bills, great and small. Very complicated for this old brain and sad for my bling fund : )

7FC0FD37-0EDF-40F7-B111-03B483DD4BEB.jpeg

Biggest joy: I am drawing again, finding it exciting and a wonderfully meditative mind space.
Oh @Jimmianne That is very stressful! You are an amazing and awesome Mom. Good luck on everything.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby I hope the test results are good news!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh @Alex T please let me know if/when you might be heading to the New York city area. You know we are over due a GTG. I want to give my curly hair sister a big (((hug))).

I could TOTALLY get away with a long weekend trip to NY by myself to see you, you know! The flights are reasonable & there would be no way on this Earth Mr T could refuse to let me, given how much he is away. And if he can take so much time off for trips to marathons with his mother, he can take a couple of days off to work from home & look after the girls. Maybe when the weather is a bit warmer, I may very well surprise you :sun:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @Jimmianne That is very stressful! You are an amazing and awesome Mom. Good luck on everything.
Thanks...it helps to share a photo of the mail and talk about being overwhelned.
I wanted to share that photo with my DD but she already feels badly about needing so much help. It is nice to be able to share here on PS, isn’t it.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks...it helps to share a photo of the mail and talk about being overwhelned.
I wanted to share that photo with my DD but she already feels badly about needing so much help. It is nice to be able to share here on PS, isn’t it.

We share a LOT of personal stuff on PS. It’s a great comfort in that way, to know that there are non-biased people from all over the world to give honest opinions & hold our hands when we need them to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results