shape
carat
color
clarity

Name one thing that is stressing you out atm and one thing that is bringing you joy

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not too stressed but I will be glad when hubs injury is done and he is able to retire. So many things are on hold until its done and a lot of unknowns. I try not to dwell on it and just take each day as it comes. It will work itself out.

My grand babies give me joy, and I have great joy in being able to spend every day and night with the man I adore. I haven't been able to do that for our whole marriage of 38+ years.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing that is stressing me out: the mystery surrounding my health issues. I've written about my issues elsewhere. Just hoping that the mould is the culprit. At least I will know and do something about it. Not knowing is the worst!

My cats bring me joy. Next is my jewellery. My bling is very therapeutic - both the process of buying and the wearing and ogling! lol

{{HUGS}} to you, @missy and to everyone else stressed out. Hope that all will be resolved and that ONLY things that bring you joy will continue to do so.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No job, new relationship.

Both unplanned. I am making the most of being without a job and spend as much time with my gentleman friend.

Hopefully I shall start working again soon.

DK :))

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: current marriage issues :cry2:

Joy: my amazing supportive family :kiss2: We just had a wonderful Australia Day lunch at a local winery with all the kids running about in the garden. Superb food & wine to match. It was utter bliss!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: in no particular order; son moving to NYC and finding an affordable living area. 2nd son expects baby girl in April.

Joy: son moved to NYC and is being helped by his cousins. Other son seems to have stopped assuming I will just spend 3 months in a VRBO taking care of new baby so she won't get measles in some crappy daycare because people are idiots (thus quoteth my son there).

Other joy! I'm alive. Happy. Lucky.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy
What's on your list of options or retirement dreams? I'd love to hear. :))

- is this threadjack ok? Pls say if it isn't and I'll be quiet!

Heck yeah it's not only OK it's completely welcome! I have been obsessing over where we will want t end up for our retirement and keep coming back to the NYC/NJ shore area. Every place has pros and cons but darn if I have yet to find the perfect place. As of now I cannot find it. It does not exist. One where there are no hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods etc and one where the weather is temperate but still a change of seasons somewhat (hello Northern California) and one that is affordable. And where I am near the Ocean. I need to be near water. And I prefer to remain in the USA near my family. As of now through my searching it just doesn't exist.

So yeah please keep chatting about this and anything else that comes to mind. I enjoy hearing other's points of view because I am always learning more about what I want and what I don't want and what I need and what I don't need.

im-listening.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stress: well that would be my mom....she got very ill in October and has been in and out of the hospital and nursing homes since...she is currently with my sister, she has dementia and is starting to decline, I feel a tremendous amount of stress and guilt over the situation

joy: its friday and I am about to crack open a bottle of wine

Aww I'm so sorry @diamondringlover. Keeping you and your mom and your sister in my thoughts and prayers. Please don't feel guilty. You're doing all you can and your mom is being well taken care of...guilt is a waste of energy in this situation. It's a bad situation and you cannot control everything. Please don't be so hard on yourself. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope they can find and fix your roof problem.

Stress...health. Slowly recovering from a rough year health wise. :blackeye:
Joy...Dear daughter coming tomorrow for the weekend. =)2 Waiting on a project so, bling anticipation :P2

I love reading these responses! @mrs-b Especially yours...My husband and I often discuss where should we end up. Ironically, I am in Westchester Co. Not a good choice for retirement.

Dear @Sandeek sending you so many (((hugs))) and continued healing vibes. And lots of love. Let me know where you and your dh are thinking of retiring...we might just follow you guys! Alternatively maybe the Jersey Shore is the place to be eventually...near the ocean and near the city and did I mention near the ocean? =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: current marriage issues :cry2:

Joy: my amazing supportive family :kiss2: We just had a wonderful Australia Day lunch at a local winery with all the kids running about in the garden. Superb food & wine to match. It was utter bliss!

(((Hugs))). Wishing you all the best and hoping you find peace in whatever decisions you make.
Happy Australia day. Sounds wonderful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: our seemingly never ending landscaping. We've been chipping away at our 1/2 acre yard for over a decade and it feels like we'll never finish it.

Joy: my 6 year old son has been cast in a TV commercial, so this morning he is being filmed and just he and I will spend the rest of the day in Melbourne CBD eating and shopping. We don't have nearly enough one-on-one time these days and he's growing up so fast, so I really treasure days like this.

Wow, congratulations! Kudos to your son. THat's pretty amazing.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thing that is stressing me out: the mystery surrounding my health issues. I've written about my issues elsewhere. Just hoping that the mould is the culprit. At least I will know and do something about it. Not knowing is the worst!

My cats bring me joy. Next is my jewellery. My bling is very therapeutic - both the process of buying and the wearing and ogling! lol

{{HUGS}} to you, @missy and to everyone else stressed out. Hope that all will be resolved and that ONLY things that bring you joy will continue to do so.

Thanks sweet @Phoenix and big (((hugs))) to you too. Eventually we will figure it out and I know all will be well. In the meantime one day at a time and living in the moment enjoying all the good is what gets us through. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No job, new relationship.

Both unplanned. I am making the most of being without a job and spend as much time with my gentleman friend.

Hopefully I shall start working again soon.

DK :))

Good luck @dk168. Enjoy the time wit your gentleman friend and hope you find a wonderful job soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: my parents are getting older and my dad is showing signs of dementia. It kind of freaked me out that life insurance almost rejected him because of tests.

Joy: I went out for boba with an old friend.

Aww so sorry about your dad @strawrose. Sending you (((hugs))) and keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Our parents getting older and dealing with age related issues can be so challenging and dementia is very scary. Sending you lots of good wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anxiety is kicking me around a lot these days. It's the time of year combined with post Christmas. Plus I'm considering a move.

But I have my kitty and some new bling to play with ::)

(((HUGS))) @Elliot86. You are doing such an amazing job of it all. You're a strong woman and a great mother and I hope it all works out just how you want it to... and good luck with the move if you decide to go ahead with that. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: I know this is a first world problem, but our trip to Hawaii. My husband applied to a month long program out there through his school and we figured there was no way and kinda forgot about. And then they told us he'd been accepted and we had to book tickets/housing. While we could do it, it ate up our extra savings which makes both of us nervous because we both like to have a big cushion in the accounts. We hope when we get there the fun of it will overcome the stress of how we got there.

Joy: My dad gave me 500 carats of mixed gemstones that were purchases through JTV awhile back that I am slowly sorting through. And recently, he gave me the ones that were individually packed (aka the bigger ones) so now I have more gems to play with. :love:

Good luck @Ariadne_Theia. I hope it is an adventure of a lifetime and more than makes up for the extra money you had to spend for last minute tickets and plans. And congrats on your dh's acceptance to the program. Very sweet!

And oh please share more details about those 500 carats of mixed gemstones... :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: in no particular order; son moving to NYC and finding an affordable living area. 2nd son expects baby girl in April.

Joy: son moved to NYC and is being helped by his cousins. Other son seems to have stopped assuming I will just spend 3 months in a VRBO taking care of new baby so she won't get measles in some crappy daycare because people are idiots (thus quoteth my son there).

Other joy! I'm alive. Happy. Lucky.

Yes lots of good things happening.:appl:Long may that continue!
And I am also very happy you are alive!:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not too stressed but I will be glad when hubs injury is done and he is able to retire. So many things are on hold until its done and a lot of unknowns. I try not to dwell on it and just take each day as it comes. It will work itself out.

My grand babies give me joy, and I have great joy in being able to spend every day and night with the man I adore. I haven't been able to do that for our whole marriage of 38+ years.

So wonderful that your grand babies give you so much joy and love. Makes everything else bearable. And good luck with your dh's retirement and injury. I hope he heals quickly and is doing well. (((Hugs))).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy oh yes! Definitely my dream retirement home is on the beach! Where shall we go? South? Perhaps the Carolinas. I have family in northern Florida so I take that into consideration as well. Problem is, with DS getting married this year, there will be grand babies soon and how far away do I want to be from them and DD? It’s a difficult decision....PS, Missy, my antibiotics are now complete and I am desperately praying the infections stay away. If the bone transplant infection flares up again they’ll have to go back in and remove the plate and screws :eek2: which they believe is the culprit for the infection.

@mrs-b oh, yes. The commute to Manhattan is terrible from the suburbs despite the short distance. I live in northern Westchester. My DD is in Manhattan so whenever I need a fix I have someplace to stay. =)2 I do understand how hard it’s is to make these types of life-changing decisions. It’s easy to get comfortable and stay put, but is it really what will make you happiest? Sounds like Cali is a nice compromise...and just as costly as far as the cost of living. And the weather is far better than Boston or the Northeast.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy oh yes! Definitely my dream retirement home is on the beach! Where shall we go? South? Perhaps the Carolinas. I have family in northern Florida so I take that into consideration as well. Problem is, with DS getting married this year, there will be grand babies soon and how far away do I want to be from them and DD? It’s a difficult decision....PS, Missy, my antibiotics are now complete and I am desperately praying the infections stay away. If the bone transplant infection flares up again they’ll have to go back in and remove the plate and screws :eek2:

@mrs-b oh, yes. The commute to Manhattan is terrible from the suburbs despite the short distance. I live in northern Westchester. My DD is in Manhattan so whenever I need a fix I have someplace to stay. =)2 I do understand how hard it’s is to make these types of life-changing decisions. It’s easy to get comfortable and stay put, but is it really what will make you happiest? Sounds like Cali is a nice compromise...and just as costly as far as the cost of living. And the weather is far better than Boston or the Northeast.

@Sandeek all my fingers and toes are crossed in the hopes that the infection is resolved and that the antibiotics did their job and that your plate and screws can remain! Praying with you that the infections stay away!!!

Ooh how exciting about your son's upcoming marriage and grand babies soon perhaps...yes you do not want to be too far away. What I love about the jersey shore is that we are only 30 minutes via ferry right into downtown Manhattan or 40 minutes via ferry right into Midtown. No traffic and such a lovely boat ride in via a few different options. Sea Streak but there are a couple of other ferry services into the city. All within walking distance or a short bike ride or car ride away from the ferry.

We were also thinking about the Carolinas but again it always comes back to preferring this area though perhaps a trip there is warranted. It's been a long time since we visited the Carolinas.

Florida would be great re ocean and cost of living but I cannot take that heat. I wish I could.

Problem with California is the potential of a big earthquake, fires, floods and water shortages to name a few. And that it is so far away from my family too. Though if my sister was willing to relocate. But again the cost of living where I want to be in California is quite expensive so not cheaper (by much) than where we are living now. But oh that weather is awesome.:sun:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: I am stressing myself out. I’m in the middle of a PTSD exacerbation and everything seems catastrophic to me. This is a brain hijack... I’m riding it out but it’s torture.

Joy: My 13 year old is the sweetest kid on the planet. I don’t know where he came from, but i’m Lucky to have such a lovely and sensitive boy. He never does any of the typical 13 year old garbage. He always means well.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I am with you about Cali, but for @mrs-b the fact that it gets her closer to her home country and family and friends in Australia and her best friend living there makes a move there sound desirable.
I could never go that far from the NE. My kids are here, DH’s parents are still alive and close by. Like you, I need to be close to family. Home is where the heart is. :kiss2:
Thank you so much for your Prayers for my health. I so gratefully will take them all! :kiss2: As they say so wisely and I now feel acutely, Health is Wealth.
NJ shore is so beautiful. We vacation there often and love it. You are so fortunate to have a home there. What a beautiful and convenient spot to be in! Sadly, I have to balance my husband’s need to have a three-car garage (especially in the NE), so that limits our options since we do not need the size home that accompanies those large garages. :(2

Off to pick up one of my Joys at the train station. :dance:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Writing is a pain & pleasure if ever was! There is always some pang sending letters out & serious pleasure receiving replies; much of the stuff takes quite a bit of work (days, weeks...) - and gives as much as it takes. I call it dialogue; I heard the same called 'haggle' & I'll give wide berth to proponents of the letter...

Then, spring is my time of the year and here it is LONG! .)

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Here’s another one:

Stress: traffic... not in the bumper to bumper way, though.

First near miss this month: I was walking home from the train station and used the crosswalk at the stop sign. Suddenly, a cyclist ran through it at 20mph. There would’ve been 5 eyewitnesses if he hit me and ran.

Second near miss: I was driving to the nail salon. An SUV changed to my lane, in front of me, to avoid dealing with other drivers at the red light. No biggie. When the light turned green, we started rolling. A small car ran the red light and hit two cars, including the one in front of me. If the SUV hadn’t switched lanes, I would’ve been the first hit. :shock:

Joy: we’re going to the Stanford vs. UCLA gymnastics meet. :mrgreen2: I can’t wait to see Kyla Ross, Madison Kocian, and Kaitlyn Ohashi.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Aww so sorry about your dad @strawrose. Sending you (((hugs))) and keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Our parents getting older and dealing with age related issues can be so challenging and dementia is very scary. Sending you lots of good wishes.

Thank you so much! And ugh... house repairs are really annoying.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! And ugh... house repairs are really annoying.

Yes they sure are especially when they're a mystery re how to resolve but I will take those annoying issues over health issues any day of the week.

Here’s another one:

Stress: traffic... not in the bumper to bumper way, though.

First near miss this month: I was walking home from the train station and used the crosswalk at the stop sign. Suddenly, a cyclist ran through it at 20mph. There would’ve been 5 eyewitnesses if he hit me and ran.

Second near miss: I was driving to the nail salon. An SUV changed to my lane, in front of me, to avoid dealing with other drivers at the red light. No biggie. When the light turned green, we started rolling. A small car ran the red light and hit two cars, including the one in front of me. If the SUV hadn’t switched lanes, I would’ve been the first hit. :shock:

Joy: we’re going to the Stanford vs. UCLA gymnastics meet. :mrgreen2: I can’t wait to see Kyla Ross, Madison Kocian, and Kaitlyn Ohashi.

Oh my goodness! Please remain super vigilant. So scary how some cyclists and motorists drive. Crazy. I can tell you stories of near tragic accidents from cyclists and motorists and pedestrians. All from each perspective. There's always people not paying attention. Please be careful and thank goodness you avoided those mishaps.

Enjoy the gymnastics. I love gymnastics. So graceful and athletic and beautiful.:appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: my retired parents are getting divorced because of a suddenly discovered 10+ year affair. And of course, I’m stuck in the middle mediating it and doing all the legal paperwork since neither of my parents are very fluent in English. I am now my mom’s new accountant as well since without my dad she doesn’t know how to handle any of her finances (which is apparently how my dad got away with siphoning significant money from their accounts to pay for his affair and possible other child). Is it bad that I sort of wish they’d just gotten divorced 20 years ago when I was a kid so that at least I wouldn’t have to be responsible for managing it?

Joy: got promoted at work, and love my job.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
@missy thanks!

@MakingTheGrade I am so sorry you’re going through that. It sucks to be in a middle of this craziness.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade Gosh boy this is so stressful. I am so sorry you in the middle of this. Your mom must be so hurt and mad. I send you dust for peace and they are VERY lucky you are their daughter. So sorry to all involved here. :( this is my idea of a damn cluster---k.

Stress: my retired parents are getting divorced because of a suddenly discovered 10+ year affair. And of course, I’m stuck in the middle mediating it and doing all the legal paperwork since neither of my parents are very fluent in English. I am now my mom’s new accountant as well since without my dad she doesn’t know how to handle any of her finances (which is apparently how my dad got away with siphoning significant money from their accounts to pay for his affair and possible other child). Is it bad that I sort of wish they’d just gotten divorced 20 years ago when I was a kid so that at least I wouldn’t have to be responsible for managing it?

Joy: got promoted at work, and love my job.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stress: airplane restoration is exhausting, expensive, and time consuming. It takes time that should be spent finishing school work because sitting longer will do more damage and cost more $$$. (One of the parts still to be taken care of will run somewhere between $12,000 and $60,000. Won't know which until the expert can get out to have a look.)

Joy: airplane restoration! Spending so much time with my grandfather (85 years old), DH, and cousin (16 years old) is a lot of fun. Seeing the happiness on my grandfather's face as he drives the forklift or works the engine hoist is worth every bit of it. My cousin has gone from quiet, shy, fearful, and barely making it through his school to confident, smiling, taking lead on projects at school, and just enjoying life.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m stressed out currently bc my second oldest daughter got into a private school. She got one out of 15 seats available. I’m trying to figure out how we can afford it though. I’m currently working part time and for the first time in years, I am not stressed about work (this is my joy). Everything just works out perfectly. I look forward to going to work and miss when I’m not there. I think partly bc I’m there just enough that when I do start to dislike it, I’m off again. If I send her to this school I will have to work full time most like or at least pick up more hours and I have to decide by Feb. 15th.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results