shape
carat
color
clarity

Name one amazing thing from the last month

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've been smiling as much recently. I thought it'd be nice to have a thread about what has made us smile in the last month.

I'll start, my 2 y/o daughter loves to sing. She started really early singing simple things like twinkle twinkle little star. In the last few months her songs have been super strange, lots of made up sounding words. I had thought it was a phase, she could sing 'frozen let it go' last year. And this year I thought she'd decided songs didnt need words -- dont ask what I was thinking, I am super tired and busy atm :lol-2:.

Well this evening she started to sing along to a baby computer we bought in shenzhen last year. And I suddenly realized she's been singing in mandarin for the last few months. My husband said some of it was decent too. Id just completely missed it, I guess I have been very closed minded recently. I needed the reminder of what I was missing :).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if this is what you meant but here are 2 happy stories.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've been smiling as much recently. I thought it'd be nice to have a thread about what has made us smile in the last month.

I'll start, my 2 y/o daughter loves to sing. She started really early singing simple things like twinkle twinkle little star. In the last few months her songs have been super strange, lots of made up sounding words. I had thought it was a phase, she could sing 'frozen let it go' last year. And this year I thought she'd decided songs didnt need words -- dont ask what I was thinking, I am super tired and busy atm :lol-2:.

Well this evening she started to sing along to a baby computer we bought in shenzhen last year. And I suddenly realized she's been singing in mandarin for the last few months. My husband said some of it was decent too. Id just completely missed it, I guess I have been very closed minded recently. I needed the reminder of what I was missing :).

Awesome! ❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know about making me smile, however, I was very chuffed at myself when I started to play Grade 5 clarinet music in July 2020, after starting as a virtual beginner of this instrument back in September 2019!

However, I am not a complete beginner for music, having passed my Grade 8 piano exam back in 1980, and have sung in community choirs on and off since then.

Still proud of my achievement though as I am learning a new instrument in my mid 50s!

DK :))

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know about making me smile, however, I was very chuffed at myself when I started to play Grade 5 clarinet music in July 2020, after starting as a virtual beginner of this instrument back in September 2019!

However, I am not a complete beginner for music, having passed my Grade 8 piano exam back in 1980, and have sung in community choirs on and off since then.

Still proud of my achievement though as I am learning a new instrument in my mid 50s!

DK :))

That's pretty remarkable, you must have an innate talent for it. I am really impressed, also with the perseverance.

@missy the butterfiles are beautiful I am surprised that they managed to re-establish them after such a long time. The trend has been overwhelmingly in the opposite direction. It really is good news to hear some thing go the other way.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My golden! She's hilarious and incredible at communicating with us. Honestly as the years go by I'm dumbfounded by how much she understands and how effective she is at telling us what she wants.

I went outside today, she followed. I then went back inside, she stayed out.

M: Baby girl what are you doing out there?

B: *Looks at me earnestly*

M: I am but a simple mummy. You've got to explain to me kiddo.

B: *Tilts head towards laundry where I keep her chews, perks her ears up, stomps her feet, makes direct eye contact and licks her lips*.

M: ooh are you asking for a treat little girl?

B: *Smiles happily and tilts head at laundry again, stomps very excitedly*

She got a treat of course because I'm secretly dead scared of her and don't want to deal with her sulking if I say no.

You do not cross this face!!!

IMG_20200629_000622.jpg

Also that dirt mark on her paw makes me smile. We wash it and scrub it but it comes back. Indoor dog, only ever outside on paved areas and on walks. We will never know why that paw gets dirty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's pretty remarkable, you must have an innate talent for it. I am really impressed, also with the perseverance.

@missy the butterfiles are beautiful I am surprised that they managed to re-establish them after such a long time. The trend has been overwhelmingly in the opposite direction. It really is good news to hear some thing go the other way.

Yes, for sure. Thrilled about this. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My golden! She's hilarious and incredible at communicating with us. Honestly as the years go by I'm dumbfounded by how much she understands and how effective she is at telling us what she wants.

B: *Tilts head towards laundry where I keep her chews, perks her ears up, stomps her feet, makes direct eye contact and licks her lips*.

She got a treat of course because I'm secretly dead scared of her and don't want to deal with her sulking if I say no.

IMG_20200629_000622.jpg

Also that dirt mark on her paw makes me smile. We wash it and scrub it but it comes back. Indoor dog, only ever outside on paved areas and on walks. We will never know why that paw gets dirty.

Awwww ❤️❤️❤️

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
My youngest son graduated high school and achieved a near perfect GPA in gr. 12. The grades were finally released from the Ministry of Education.

When he was a baby, he stopped babbling and talking for a year, went silent. We had an autism scare thru that. Then when he resumed speaking, no one could understand him but me. We did a few years of speech therapy. He was unhappy all thru school and was often in the remedial group, altho scored very high when tested (???). He was young for his grade, and i wanted to keep him out another year, but everyone thought he was ready. He wasn't, my mama gut was right. Got into high school and did mediocre until gr. 12, when he put his mind to it and got those grades. Waited until the stroke of midnight but did it. We KNEW he was a clever kid, his thoughts are complex and ideas are novel. He sees the world from a different angle than most.
I'm so pleased for him. Now he has options as far as University or college. He can do what he wants, but nice to have options in life.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There was a baby born in the family! Doesn’t get much better than this in my world.

@Bayek , Auti is beautiful. That sweet little face is adorable. I see she is also walking. How fun!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you post that in NIRDIs and I missed it - so sorry - congratulatioins, how wonderful and glorious another grand is Callie! xoxoxoxox

There was a baby born in the family! Doesn’t get much better than this in my world.

@Bayek , Auti is beautiful. That sweet little face is adorable. I see she is also walking. How fun!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you post that in NIRDIs and I missed it - so sorry - congratulatioins, how wonderful and glorious another grand is Callie! xoxoxoxox

Thank you @Bayek! He is only a few days old. He spent a couple days in the NICU but is home and doing well now. He came home yesterday. I know you understand how excited I am. Thank you for the happy wishes. I appreciate them more than you could possibly know. You’re the best Kate!

voce

Ideal_Rock
We got our missing German shepherd at my workplace back. She went missing since July 5, and worried us until SPCA found her on August 14. Appears healthy, with a good appetite and ever so happy to be back! She's very affectionate and friendly to everyone who works at the company.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, my life is better for knowing you and being a speck on your shoulder in life.. you are the best Grand there is... 2 boys now right? awesome! xo

Thank you @Bayek! He is only a few days old. He spent a couple days in the NICU but is home and doing well now. He came home yesterday. I know you understand how excited I am. Thank you for the happy wishes. I appreciate them more than you could possibly know. You’re the best Kate!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it is my Godson. Not just last month but the last 13 years. Although he is not blood related he has been my grandson since he was born. I have had the privilege of having sleep overs, grandparents day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and birthdays with him. Last month he grew taller than me. How did that happen?

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_20200629_000622.jpg

Hahaha he clearly has puppydog eyes and is using them on you with devestating effectiveness. Dogs are uncanillly good at picking up on your emotions, they seem to know just what to do to charm you into giving them what they want. That's usually one step cleverer than telling you whatever it is theyre after.

My youngest son graduated high school and achieved a near perfect GPA in gr. 12. The grades were finally released from the Ministry of Education.

When he was a baby, he stopped babbling and talking for a year, went silent. We had an autism scare thru that. Then when he resumed speaking, no one could understand him but me. We did a few years of speech therapy. He was unhappy all thru school and was often in the remedial group, altho scored very high when tested (???). He was young for his grade, and i wanted to keep him out another year, but everyone thought he was ready. He wasn't, my mama gut was right. Got into high school and did mediocre until gr. 12, when he put his mind to it and got those grades. Waited until the stroke of midnight but did it. We KNEW he was a clever kid, his thoughts are complex and ideas are novel. He sees the world from a different angle than most.
I'm so pleased for him. Now he has options as far as University or college. He can do what he wants, but nice to have options in life.

Congratulations, you must be very proud. Does he know what he wants to do?

My granddaughter started to walk full time, she is 15 months! finally ....

1597522735067.png

You guys are definitely in trouble, I dont think she'll walk for very long. I think she'll climb and run and get into everything. You can see it in her eyes, she's contemplating what she can reach next.

@Calliecake, Congrats I dont think there is anything more special than that.

We got our missing German shepherd at my workplace back. She went missing since July 5, and worried us until SPCA found her on August 14. Appears healthy, with a good appetite and ever so happy to be back! She's very affectionate and friendly to everyone who works at the company.

I hope she got an extra large bowl of treats. That must have been quite an adventure for her.

For me it is my Godson. Not just last month but the last 13 years. Although he is not blood related he has been my grandson since he was born. I have had the privilege of having sleep overs, grandparents day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and birthdays with him. Last month he grew taller than me. How did that happen?

I am definitely not ready for this :). I hope time slows down -- I can't accept a reality in which they're all grown up and ready to go, just yet.

Q

Queenie60

My puppy - she ate something bad last week and vet put her on IV and antibiotics. Praise God, she made it through. This made me smile and cry happy tears. She is a great dog, lovely personality, easy to train and just an all around joy. We are so happy to have her in our family and were so relieved to know that she would be ok. Such a scare but a good outcome. =)2:appl:

Q

Queenie60

Congratulations! You're a great mama and deserve a lot of credit for helping him through. I wish him the best that life has to offer.

Q

Queenie60

So happy your dog came back home. It must be heartbreaking not knowing where they are or if something bad happened. A happy ending!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This happened last month! He's keeping us busy and is beyond spoiled at this point! :kiss2: 20200724_122338.jpg

Oh my god he is so cute. What a lovely puppy to snuggle up to. I hope he is settling in well.

@Queenie60 that's definitely something to smile about, it sounds like you really love her.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH of 35 years, who doesn't shop for food, cook or clean, just told me he was going to the market--on his bike no less--to get some "groceries". Of course the "groceries" is stuff that he eats (cinnamon buns, etc) but this is a breakthru. And he took his mask! AMAZEBALLS!:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus , Enjoy this time with your sweet little one. It goes by way too quickly.

@Queenie60 , I’m glad your baby is feeling better. You can tell she is a joy just by looking at your avatar!

@Bayek, We have three great-nieces and one great-nephew. I love having little ones to spoil. It’s so much fun listening to how my nieces feel about their babies. I feel so lucky to be able to share this.

@Gussie , I think we all love Opie. That beyond spoiling thing happens really quick. Our furbabies deserve all the spoiling they get. My husband thought I was nuts the other day when I was giving our furbaby a bath. I took one towel out of the driver and asked him to please turn the dryer back on immediately. He watched me dry her, then get the other warm towel out of the dryer to wrap her up in and cuddle her for a few minutes before turning the hair dryer on. He said “what is this a spa?” and wanted to know what he had to do to get warm towels after his shower.

@canuk-gal , You have to LOVE progress! That was a breakthru!

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HI:

My DH of 35 years, who doesn't shop for food, cook or clean, just told me he was going to the market--on his bike no less--to get some "groceries". Of course the "groceries" is stuff that he eats (cinnamon buns, etc) but this is a breakthru. And he took his mask! AMAZEBALLS!:mrgreen2:

cheers--Sharon

Oh wow, I think I need to send my husband go stay with you. Mine has mastered grocery shopping -- now he does most of it as he can click on items online and hit deliver. But once covid hit, I got this string of bizzar questions like 'where do we keep the cutlry?' (we've lived in this house for > 2.5 years.....). I tried to ask what he'd been doing for the last 2 years when he got hungry? And got a really nonsensical answer. I am guessing my maid has been waiting on him, and he's also been using asia's small fleet of food delivery apps when she is out. In his defense we were never home very much. Still sometimes I sit there thinking this is either going to be very hard to believe or very hard to explain...........

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@qubitasaurus , Enjoy this time with your sweet little one. It goes by way too quickly.

@Queenie60 , I’m glad your baby is feeling better. You can tell she is a joy just by looking at your avatar!

@Bayek, We have three great-nieces and one great-nephew. I love having little ones to spoil. It’s so much fun listening to how my nieces feel about their babies. I feel so lucky to be able to share this.

@Gussie , I think we all love Opie. That beyond spoiling thing happens really quick. Our furbabies deserve all the spoiling they get. My husband thought I was nuts the other day when I was giving our furbaby a bath. I took one towel out of the driver and asked him to please turn the dryer back on immediately. He watched me dry her, then get the other warm towel out of the dryer to wrap her up in and cuddle her for a few minutes before turning the hair dryer on. He said “what is this a spa?” and wanted to know what he had to do to get warm towels after his shower.

@canuk-gal , You have to LOVE progress! That was a breakthru!

Of course it's a spa! Every girl, human or fur baby, needs a spa!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This happened last month! He's keeping us busy and is beyond spoiled at this point! :kiss2: 20200724_122338.jpg

Awwww he is the sweetest love. :love:
Please give him a big (((hug))) from me @Gussie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results