shape
carat
color
clarity

"Name" Jewelry

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So some of us might have some very 80's/90's "name" jewelry laying around. What have you done with it? Do you still wear it? I'll post what I did with mine (so far) below, please share yours!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this was my nameplate with my birthstone (citrine). It's silver and I've had it converted so I can use it as a keychain! We're hoping to buy a home in the next year and I'll get a keychain from Tiffany and attach this to it for my house key Here's hoping! 20230710_172958.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what goes around comes around again and again
sorry no pictures

i brought a Nicky necklace just before the Christchurch earthquake 2011
(or was it 2010) i got it down the mall but not from THE mall jewler, just a place i used to go to get new watch batteries and straps
it was made to order by a firm down south
it is on a very fine chain and had to go back for repair, thats how i know about when i brought it because the maker had their studio down in Christchurch in the red zone and couldnt get in to their premisis for ages
its silver on a too fine chain (i already said, but thats why i dont wear it)

im about to reinvent it !!!!

i got some tiny coloured seed pearls (probably dyed) and going to replace the chain with the pearls
well not me - this guy ive found in town who does his own knotts

i also have a silver N i got for xmas when i was a young kid
i have some tiny facsted Lamaire im going to do the same with

well truth be told im not sure which is going to get the pearls and which the lamair
i think the Nicky might get the lamair

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So this was my nameplate with my birthstone (citrine). It's silver and I've had it converted so I can use it as a keychain! We're hoping to buy a home in the next year and I'll get a keychain from Tiffany and attach this to it for my house key Here's hoping! 20230710_172958.jpg

i love how you have repurposed it so its a usable thing, especially for something so special as buying a home

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t have any name jewellery :eek-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t have any name jewellery :eek-2:

not that i liked the Carrie charcter in sex and the city i did like her necklace
you should get one (probably not Carrie though)
il_570xN.313404327.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one from a few years ago. I still have it. It’s 14kt white gold and I thought it was so cool. I should wear it again.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young, I used to think they were so cool! Now that I'm old, I'm afraid if I wear one people will think I have dementia and need help remembering my name. This belief has not been helped by the rash of people calling me "dear" lately.

@Asscherhalo_lover - I love what you've done with yours! Keychain is the perfect repurposing for it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was young, I used to think they were so cool! Now that I'm old, I'm afraid if I wear one people will think I have dementia and need help remembering my name. This belief has not been helped by the rash of people calling me "dear" lately.

@Asscherhalo_lover - I love what you've done with yours! Keychain is the perfect repurposing for it!

oh Mrs B you are not old !

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a silver ID bracelet on a figaro chain that I got when I was around 10 or 11 from my parents? I gave it to my youngest daughter when she was 6 & suffering from REALLY bad anxiety separation from me when at school. School gave her special permission to wear it so that I was with her all day long. She no longer wears it (she’s 12 now) but it’s still one of her most treasured things.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, I had it all. Earrings, a silver plate with my name; yellow and white gold with diamonds of mine and my teenage boyfriend's (and ruby and sapphire for our birthstones); he had a ring that matched my necklace; I have a bracelet.... also a plate with my childhood nickname. I loved those.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I have a silver ID bracelet on a figaro chain that I got when I was around 10 or 11 from my parents? I gave it to my youngest daughter when she was 6 & suffering from REALLY bad anxiety separation from me when at school. School gave her special permission to wear it so that I was with her all day long. She no longer wears it (she’s 12 now) but it’s still one of her most treasured things.

I always wanted one of those!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

LOL no one would make that jewellery; cuz my name it is ancient! A Sharon necklace? Nope. Maybe if my name was Barbie!!!!

I do have a signet ring with my initial on it. Letter jewellery. Ubiquitous.

cheers--Sharon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never had any name jewelry but it was everywhere when I was in school. Like those large yellow gold earrings with your name in the middle….very popular.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I sold mine for scrap gold, lol.

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
I had a gold toned necklace with a short version of my name in script. I never really liked it because it wasn't my real name.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like starting this thread has brought good potential vibes, I'm on for viewing #2 of a potential apartment to buy tomorrow, wish us luck!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like starting this thread has brought good potential vibes, I'm on for viewing #2 of a potential apartment to buy tomorrow, wish us luck!

Have you been? How did it go? And good luck!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you been? How did it go? And good luck!!

They lied about the parking so the search continues! They said there was one guaranteed space behind the building but that's not the case, it goes by seniority. I have a toddler so walking 3+ blocks from the overflow parking to our building is not going to fly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results