shape
carat
color
clarity

nail polish on diamond, help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,

I was polishing my 8 year olds toes and dumbly did not remove my ring first. She bumped me accidentally and the nail polish brush knocked into my diamond.

It just happenend. Is nail polish remover safe on a diamond? Its in a platinum setting? Can I soak it for a minute and will the polish come right off?

Thanks!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see how nail polish remover would harm a diamond...but platinum I''m not sure. I would THINK it''s ok, but you might want to just wipe the diamond and try to avoid the platinum.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No problemo. Don’t use it on pearls and a few other rather fragile things or if you don’t know what it is but diamonds, platinum, gold and the vast majority of gemstones will be just fine with nail polish remover.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''m panicking here. Meanwhile, my sweet little daughter, clueless to moms'' panic is admiring her pretty pink toes nails LOL.

OK, I''m off to work on my ring, I''ll report back later...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results