shape
carat
color
clarity

Nail color—what are you wearing?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 yay! So happy to help. And to be honest, I may have liked it better after just the one coat, there’s two above. It also is the quick dry version and that’s an awesome bonus!!

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried Kur Illuminating Nail Concealer?

It looks like exactly the look I’m going for. Just placed an order.

Yes, I was surprised that it worked as promised! I really like it. I am used to gel, so it does chip sooner than I’d like.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
You know, a million years ago I did my own acrylics, and had just ventured into dip nails when I called it quits. This makes me want to start again—they look just wonderful. Do you have to soak off each set before you apply a fresh one? How long does each set last you?

I used to get bio gel overlays at the salon prior to covid. When everything closed, I bought so much dip powders, it's going to last me years! :loopy: Yes, I soak every time and found a hack to get them off quickly. Get a bowl of hot water and immerse a ziplock bag with a bit of acetone in the bowl. Then soak your nails in the bag. It takes about 5 minutes for everything to come off. Each set will last about 3 weeks until they grow out or I'm ready to change the color. My rainbow nails were one of my favorites. They were so fun!

20220319_1702122.jpeg
I totally missed this. Gorgeous pics and lovely nails! what dip brand do you use? I’ve considered trying to do my own. I love having cute nails but despise sitting for so long at the nail salon. I usually do dip but did gel this last time because I wanted to get out quicker
I use Kiara Sky. I have tried other, cheaper brands and they'd start chipping and lifting at the base after a week. Kiara Sky dip powders will last me about 3 weeks. =)2

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is gorgeous! Do you know what color it is?
Thank you! It’s from Beetles in the color pink champagne ( there is no shimmer to it, it’s more like a neutral semi sheer pink than a champagne to me). I purchased it off Amazon.
I use it to do french manicures on everyone. Below is an example of short almond nails I did with red french tips with pink champagne as the base. 891664A3-723C-4804-AB65-96E22FCDA842.png 3AF55B04-8044-454A-B7A6-EA0ECF882C56.png

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Update: the Kur Illuminating Nail Concealer is AMAZING. It is exactly the milky nude shade I was looking for. Sort of an updated take on Bubble Bath.

I also got their ridge filler base coat b/c I have ridges. It’s really good.

This is not the best photo but I’m at home with a sick child so it will have to do! 65B4B65D-828F-44EB-BE14-FD0FC5919E34.jpeg

FYI, today is day 5 with this stuff and I’ll need to take if off today. Not too shabby in terms of wear time.

I suspect I could have gotten a few more days out of it if I reapplied the top coat on day 2. I used quick dry drops and they dried everything immediately but dulled the shine, which made me wonder about their effect on the top coat generally. Will keep you posted when I apply this stuff again!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love looking at all the beautiful nail art here! For a while I wrote for a company that produced nail brushes so I got to do a lot of research. I love the art of nails.

I don’t do anything now besides clear “strengthening” (haha, it’s prob a rip off) polish because I bought a piano and began playing again.

I’ll still get pedicures, but even those I tend to do on my own bc I like a color change every couple weeks :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since Covid I do my nails at home with beetles gel. I found this remover that you paint on and the color shrivels up and scrapes right off with no damage.
I’m looking for recommendations for jelly nail colors nudes.
IMG_6294.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 13

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I had to grow my gels out during covid and then had a horrendous 18 months of bad health so my nails needed the Nail ICU. I started with taking Biotin, use a base coat, coat of Essies Glow and Grow, a coat of Orly French Manicure Pink {pink only, I don't care for French} topped with Seche Vive which goes on like polish and dries to a gel finish. I can say that my nails never looked. Pre pandemic I had long, fire engine red nails, but now they just look clean and healthy.
Sorry for the ramble. And since my phone is STILL smarter than I am, no pics.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry no bling because I always take it off when I get home, but I’m embracing red again after quite a long period of a neutral pinky/griege.

IMG_1551.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry no bling because I always take it off when I get home, but I’m embracing red again after quite a long period of a neutral pinky/griege.

IMG_1551.jpeg

What colour is that @Austina ? It looks really warm with a nice touch of shimmer :kiss2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just something I bought in a local shop @Ally T , I don’t think I’ve seen the brand in the UK. Years ago I used to use a colour called Toffee Apple that was similar. It’s a lovely colour and yes, it does have a little shimmer.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, Your nails are beautiful. I hope you don't mind I took a picture to bring with me to my next nail appointment. I love the shape of your nails and the color is beautiful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina, Your nails are beautiful. I hope you don't mind I took a picture to bring with me to my next nail appointment. I love the shape of your nails and the color is beautiful!

Her color reminds me of a Color Club polish I still use called Warming Trend (#826). I found it years ago via a co-worker at the jewelry store I worked at in Elmhurst. @Austina looks a little lighter but there’s the similar shimmer as it appears on my screen.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really can’t keep polish on for more than a few days, professional manicure or not, so I stick with oldies like OPI Bubble Bath or similar.

I have a question: does anyone remember the color their mother wore? When I was little I used to love watching my mom quickly apply nail polish just before whisking me off somewhere. It was always a beige/nude/peachy shade and I think she used Cutex. I vividly remember being told to sit still in the kitchen while she did her nails at the island counter, but I could see from my perch the shape of her nails, the color and texture of her fingers and hands, and I just thought it was the most glamorous thing in the world.

Maybe that’s why I tend towards light/neutral colors.

Attachments

• IMG_3323.jpeg
    IMG_3323.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 11

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My usual nail color-nude/naked
Photo from a few months ago but this is exactly how my nails are now

bubbalahautmn2023.png

I don't wear nail polish but appreciate how beautiful it looks on others

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used to have an unhealthy amount of nail polish bottles, then I switched to gel and had an unhealthy amount of those bottles! (Seriously, when I got rid of them I had to take them to the hazardous materials at the dump!) I mainly used OPI - so many gorgeous colors! Now I get them done with little designs. Here's the latest:

IMG_8195.jpeg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really can’t keep polish on for more than a few days, professional manicure or not, so I stick with oldies like OPI Bubble Bath or similar.

I have a question: does anyone remember the color their mother wore? When I was little I used to love watching my mom quickly apply nail polish just before whisking me off somewhere. It was always a beige/nude/peachy shade and I think she used Cutex. I vividly remember being told to sit still in the kitchen while she did her nails at the island counter, but I could see from my perch the shape of her nails, the color and texture of her fingers and hands, and I just thought it was the most glamorous thing in the world.

Maybe that’s why I tend towards light/neutral colors.

My mom also wore a peachy color very often when I was young (so did my friends moms). My mom liked frosted colors. I believe that’s what they called it way back then. How I wish I could ask my mom.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My mom used Revlon's Cherries in the Snow. We weren't allowed to use polish until we were 13.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use that same remover, Aliver, @AprilBaby when I use gel. I highly recommend it. A serious game changer for gels!

I also found this nail polish, called Londontown, I’ve been enjoying. I bought the Milky color.

Quick and dirty pic of it on.

IMG_1632.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results