shape
carat
color
clarity

Nail color—what are you wearing?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I’m making an effort to wear nail color again. Whilst browsing Ulta, I pulled up several articles for how to get the look of the moment, so called “glazed donut” nails. Which is how I ended up with the mess I’m currently wearing. My daughter said, “Well, it looks nice from a distance.” She’s not wrong. It looks like streaky white out.

So, PSers, what are your go-to nail colors? In the past I’ve been a fan of the ever-popular OPI Bubble Bath, Essie Ballet Slippers type of neutrals. I have a current Essie gel setter polish in Fairy Tailor that is nice. I’ve cycled through various darker colors but they always seem to stain so I don’t stick with them.

The white-out disaster is OPI Funny Bunny.

And yes, I could go to a salon, but I’ve actually always liked doing my nails. I put on Netflix and enjoy a quiet house while I paint them. Very therapeutic.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I have always loved the greige colors, I know that is probably out of style now but I am still drawn to it, haven't had my nails done in ages though and I am not skilled enough to do myself.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red chili pepper

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I have always loved the greige colors, I know that is probably out of style now but I am still drawn to it, haven't had my nails done in ages though and I am not skilled enough to do myself.

Practice plus pointy q-tips dipped in remover to clean up the edges. It works wonders.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Practice plus pointy q-tips dipped in remover to clean up the edges. It works wonders.

Oh, also, Olive and June has some good tutorials. I haven’t used their polish but watching a few of those are helpful.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Red chili pepper

I went through a years-long phase where I wore blood red. On acrylics, of course. Sigh. That was pre-kids. I remember commenting to my nail tech that I loved red, and she said, “Um, you don’t like red. You like BLOOD red.“ Zero orange in my reds.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock

thank you for the tips! Got to find some pointy q tips now!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always prefer a darker neutral. Essie runway couture in Princess Charming is a fave (need the top coat) and if you want at home gel le mini macaron (target or ulta) in praline.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Essie runway couture in Princess Charming is a fave (need the top coat) and if you want at home gel le mini macaron (target or ulta) in praline.

I tried this but no luck

IMG_9825.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't polish my nails anymore, just buff them. They are very strong on their own and polish seemed to make them flake or peel. But when I did polish them, I tended to stick with more neutrals. Probably not in style right now, but when I used darker colors or things in the red family I always wore the polish off the tips quickly. So the more neutral colors seemed to work best for me. I saw online the other day that Vogue likes green this year....

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I don't polish my nails anymore, just buff them. They are very strong on their own and polish seemed to make them flake or peel. But when I did polish them, I tended to stick with more neutrals. Probably not in style right now, but when I used darker colors or things in the red family I always wore the polish off the tips quickly. So the more neutral colors seemed to work best for me. I saw online the other day that Vogue likes green this year....

GREEN?!?!?

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I went through a years-long phase where I wore blood red. On acrylics, of course. Sigh. That was pre-kids. I remember commenting to my nail tech that I loved red, and she said, “Um, you don’t like red. You like BLOOD red.“ Zero orange in my reds.

That’s my go-to. Pure red. A vintage classic, like me! Fun at the grocery store. Those lights never get old! 9BEB34DE-1426-40A6-97C5-BDB2503028ED.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried Kur Illuminating Nail Concealer?

It looks like exactly the look I’m going for. Just placed an order.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently on a bright red kick, as I have been wearing a lot of black & navy blue lately. This is called Really Red by Essie. I have always done my own nails like you, in front of the TV with a cup of tea.

PXL_20230306_144601880.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn color in years because I just can't keep it up nicely, nut my biggest annoyance is with my cuticles, I feel like wearing polish just accentuates how dry & flaky they are. Any tips on keeping cuticles looking nicer? That might make me want to wear polish more.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn color in years because I just can't keep it up nicely, nut my biggest annoyance is with my cuticles, I feel like wearing polish just accentuates how dry & flaky they are. Any tips on keeping cuticles looking nicer? That might make me want to wear polish more.

Lots of hand cream & a good cuticle oil massaged in well before bed. You can use the oil even if you are wearing polish.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing plain old boring clear top coat. Thanks to spring cleaning, my nails are too short to wear anything else.

I tend to like seasonal colors when I actually have nails. My usual go to colors are:

Spring: pale nudes and light pinks
Summer: Diva Into The Pool or a shimmery white
Autumn: Metallic Mango (it's burnt orange with gold flecks) or straight up gold
Winter: deep burgundy or wine shades, or sometimes something festive and metallic.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tend to stick with neutrals. I do my own nails at home using dip powder and I like to get as long as possible before having to do them again, so the grow out with a neutral isn’t as noticeable as with a bright/dark color. 09C340CC-B62B-4499-85E8-27C96D95811B.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do my own nails too and use clear polish. I like my nails on the shorter side and have to file them frequently as they grow fast. I use a Sally Hansen cuticle cream and push back the cuticle and trim if necessary. I also use a sanding block to remove any discoloration and to make them super smooth. The polish lasts and if there is any chipping or wear, it is virtually invisible. I have OCD I think when it comes to cleaning so am in soap or cleanser and water all the time! I can’t stand to see new growth either so color just doesn’t work for me! I generally do my nails every week - two if I refile in between.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I love green and blue polish! Mostly Essie jades and aqua/ocean blues and do them myself. I was wearing dark green all fall to support my Philadelphia Eagles. If I go red, it’s OPI I’m not really a waitress or Bogota Blackberry.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I have green glitter nails! I have never ever considered green nails before but I asked my 5 year old what color nails mommy should get today and he said green! I figured “why not” because st patty’s day is next week and it will make him happy. I’m actually digging it and suddenly feel the need to buy a green gemstone E5ADE1D1-97AC-4BD5-A99A-3AD492CB77B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 13D497C2-F489-4DAC-AB48-9611753A2EA2.jpeg
    13D497C2-F489-4DAC-AB48-9611753A2EA2.jpeg
    112.1 KB · Views: 6

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I have green glitter nails! I have never ever considered green nails before but I asked my 5 year old what color nails mommy should get today and he said green! I figured “why not” because st patty’s day is next week and it will make him happy. I’m actually digging it and suddenly feel the need to buy a green gemstone E5ADE1D1-97AC-4BD5-A99A-3AD492CB77B1.jpeg

I actually love green nails and yours looks great! I did green nails for our engagement shoot several years ago and plan on doing a neon green for St. Patty's Day...
engage22.jpg

I’m making an effort to wear nail color again. Whilst browsing Ulta, I pulled up several articles for how to get the look of the moment, so called “glazed donut” nails. Which is how I ended up with the mess I’m currently wearing. My daughter said, “Well, it looks nice from a distance.” She’s not wrong. It looks like streaky white out.

So, PSers, what are your go-to nail colors? In the past I’ve been a fan of the ever-popular OPI Bubble Bath, Essie Ballet Slippers type of neutrals. I have a current Essie gel setter polish in Fairy Tailor that is nice. I’ve cycled through various darker colors but they always seem to stain so I don’t stick with them.

The white-out disaster is OPI Funny Bunny.

And yes, I could go to a salon, but I’ve actually always liked doing my nails. I put on Netflix and enjoy a quiet house while I paint them. Very therapeutic.
I started doing my own dip manicures since the pandemic. ATM, they're a glittery pink..
20230214_212433 (1).jpg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Update: the Kur Illuminating Nail Concealer is AMAZING. It is exactly the milky nude shade I was looking for. Sort of an updated take on Bubble Bath.

I also got their ridge filler base coat b/c I have ridges. It’s really good.

This is not the best photo but I’m at home with a sick child so it will have to do! 65B4B65D-828F-44EB-BE14-FD0FC5919E34.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love green nails and yours looks great! I did green nails for our engagement shoot several years ago and plan on doing a neon green for St. Patty's Day...
engage22.jpg

I started doing my own dip manicures since the pandemic. ATM, they're a glittery pink..
20230214_212433 (1).jpg

You know, a million years ago I did my own acrylics, and had just ventured into dip nails when I called it quits. This makes me want to start again—they look just wonderful. Do you have to soak off each set before you apply a fresh one? How long does each set last you?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
engage22.jpg

20230214_212433 (1).jpg

I totally missed this. Gorgeous pics and lovely nails! what dip brand do you use? I’ve considered trying to do my own. I love having cute nails but despise sitting for so long at the nail salon. I usually do dip but did gel this last time because I wanted to get out quicker

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoying all the nail colors and pics!!
I just bought this color and I love it!!
Expressie, “world as a canvas” (love it’s name too!)

6BF0504B-A925-47B9-8C1B-06DCD84FE201.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results