shape
carat
color
clarity

My yellow sapphire idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Hi, all! I recently posted about my Jeff White spinel e-ring, and you all were so nice… I thought I would share my latest project.

I’m like a lot of people in that I had a hard time selecting an e-ring. I finally decided on the purple spinel and I love it, but I am missing wearing my yellow sapphire.

I’ve had this sapphire for a while – it’s a 3-carat, cushion cut yellow and it shows no evidence of heat treatment. I love the stone… The color is so pretty (and it changes a little in different lighting situations, and the fire that this thing has… I just love the stone).

The original setting was great – until I had it sized from a 6.5 to a 5. It has side diamonds, and after getting the ring sizes, some fell out. And the ring itself was rough would sometimes make my finger sore.

So I FINALLY took it to my local jeweler, and he is doing a custom setting inspired by a Mark Morrell setting I found on his site. It won’t be a copy, obviously, but it will incorporate some of my favorite aspects of the design. It will be in 14k white gold.

I’ll attach some current ring pics (sorry my stone is soooooo dirty -- I promise it sparkles in real life) as well as the “inspiration” pic. Tell me what you think! I plan to wear the spinel and my sapphire interchangeably. I’m already so attached to my sapphire thought because I’ve traveled with it and seen lots of cool things… And seen lots of cool bands while wearing it too! It has sentimental value to me!

stacysapphire.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Another shot -- you can see the rough original setting better in this one!

stacysapphireyellow.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
The inspiration setting...

I will post pics of the finished product when it''s finished... It''ll probably be 3-4 weeks though (WAHHHH -- I really miss my stone!)

stacyinspiration.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting - it''s beautiful and i think the yellow sapphire will look amazing in it. How great to have so many beautiful options to choose from each morning! congrats!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty yellow stone and ring!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! I love the first setting, but the inspiration setting is also a beauty...please come back and pst pictures once your ring is done!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will look great in that setting. Have you ever thought of using yellow gold? I love YG with yellow stones.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Verry pretty setting and a nice sapphire.

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your kind responses! I really miss my stone, and I''m all nervous that something will happen to it... Even with insurance, it is irreplaceable to me!

I did think about using a yellow gold setting, but I like the way white makes the stone pop. The stone has a slight green undertone in the sun, and that didn''t look as good with the yellow.

I was thinking that once the deed is done and I am married I may get a curved yellow gold band with some diamonds for either side of the ring... I''ll have to wait and see what it looks like though. I''m not good at imagining finished products -- I have to actually see them for myself!

I will definitely post pics when I get my sapphire back!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest a yellow gold mounting too. Will they be able to do Mark''s subtle heart prongs? I just love those prongs!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I hope that this setting turns out like I think it will! I''ve had this jeweler do work for me before and it is gorgeous, but I''ve never had them do a custom piece.

Anyway, he said he would cast the setting today and the ring should be ready on Monday. I am sooooooo stoked!

I will definitely post hand shots ASAP. (And if I don''t like it, I''ll ask him nicely to keep at it until I DO like it!)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty sapphire. Can''t wait to see your new setting.

Linda

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
that mark morrell setting you posted as inspiration is sooo pretty - where did you find that image? i haven''t seen it on his site before...

it''s going to perfectly compliment your sapphire - can''t wait to see how it turns out!!
1.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love that setting! I''ve never seen that one before, it''s absolutely gorgeous and I think it will look great with your stone!!!!
I can''t wait to see the pics!

stacy

Shiny_Rock
I THINK that setting was on Mark''s website... I''ve had it saved on my computer for so long that I can''t remember exactly where I found it!

I wish I could afford to have Mark do my setting in platinum... No one can really replicate his work! But I will be thrilled with a setting inspired by this one too.

Monday feels soooooo far away!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results