shape
carat
color
clarity

My Yellow Diamond - Upgrade Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I love love love seeing all your beautiful rings on this site.
36.gif

I bought this ring last year (posted about it re: appraisals) and now I am having second thoughts. When I was ring searching (pre- pricescope discovery), I wanted a fancy yellow diamond. There wasn''t a lot to chose from and the prices were all over the place. I bought this ring, first for the color and second the price was right for me. I always wasn''t 100% sure on the sidestones. These are supposed to be shields, but look very close to trillions. On my finger, I sometimes think the "point-y-ness" is too sharp/harsh. The center is 1.37 (fiy, cushion) and the sides .61tcw.
I like the color of the center stone, but I really think I would like to have a more chunky cushion - and bigger.
Should I trade it in for a bigger (hopefully) chunky cushion (white color)?
I would really like your opinion - don''t worry about hurting my feelings.
19.gif

I am just getting ideas.

ring flower adj.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not reset the yellow diamond without side stones? i think it has enough color and is large enough to not need diamonds.

movie zombie

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I think your yellow diamond looks beautiful and much more unique than a white diamond. (coming from soemone with a white diamond) Why not reset it as movie zombie suggests if you''re unhappy with the sidestones?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Well, the ring looks lovely to me...in that picture, anyway.

In general, I don''t care for sharp pointy trillions, especially with softer, ''curvier'' centerstones, either.

Have you considered just changing the sidestones?

That FIY sure does look nice.....

widget

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the suggetions... that is exactly what I was thinking too. I will be in DC next week and will see what the jeweler says. What to do with 2 shields (side stones .67 ctw)? Too small for earrings?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
studs of some sort or another....or hold for a future project......

movie zombie

Fran Fine

Rough_Rock
Hey, what about a pave band, like Heidi Klum''s gorgeous ring? She has that very thin yellow diamond pave band with a gorgeous yellow cushion. It''s just stunning. I don''t know, just thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results