shape
carat
color
clarity

My "Wise" Peridot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I've been (lazily) searching for a Peridot since last summer. It's my birthstone, and i've never owned a jewelry piece with that gem. Plus, I've really wanted to undertake a ring "project".

Not knowing a ton about Peridot, my criteria was mostly about the size and shape- about 2.5 cts, and round or cushion. I figured that the rest would naturally fall into place if I went with a respected vendor. Oh yeah, I wanted it to be more of a grassy green versus yellowish-celery.

I heard that rwwise.com had some gems on sale, so i went to check it out and struck gold! I had a lovely phone conversation with Richard a day or two later and it was a done deal. SNAP!

She's on her way to me, and I can't wait! I'll be sure to take pics, but here's the vendor photo for now.

srbPeridot.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
ACK, i messed up the title!

It''s supposed to read: My "Wise" Peridot
I''ve messaged the mods to fix it.

That''s what i get for trying to be clever!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh I''m so glad a PSer got that stone. It looks so pretty.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Yay, that one looks great! Can''t wait to see pics!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and what kinds of settings are you thinking of?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 7:44:56 PM
Author: redfaerythinker
Oooh I''m so glad a PSer got that stone. It looks so pretty.

THANKS! I was v.v.v. tempted by the 3.23 oval, but i stuck with my original plan.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 7:58:29 PM
Author: Selkie

I was hoping you''d chime in, Selkie! You have a great eye for colored gems- i''m stoked that you think it looks great.

Not sure how to set it. I was thinking perhaps going with a LOGR setting (that''s why i asked for opinions on ''em
2.gif
) I''m thinking perhaps a halo. I don''t own anything in that style. Then again, I dig bezels.

Decisions, decisions! I''ll know once I get the stone.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone - I can''t wait to see how it looks IRL and once its set
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I don''t see a lot of people here favoring peridots too much. (I like them just fine though
18.gif
)

-A

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! And it''s nice and huge!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got it at a good price because I think this is the first time I''ve seen his gems on sale.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful and what a great color!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely Peridot!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
You did well :) Congrats.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love peridot and that looks like a beauty! (I favor the grassier-green shadings as well) I think that will make a lovely ring
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love peridot. I spent a long time looking for a round peridot in a lovely color and only found ovals. You really lucked out finding a pretty round so quickly! I gave up.

Can''t wait to see your photos and read what you think about it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the color of peridot I love! Gorgeous!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually love peridot. I love all sorts of green, which unfortunately is a terrible color on me (I''m wearing it though, as I type).

Congrats on a lovely stone...and on sale too! Score! There are about a dozen RW stones right now that I would love to own!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:04:33 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Date: 4/20/2009 7:58:29 PM

Author: Selkie

I was hoping you''d chime in, Selkie! You have a great eye for colored gems- i''m stoked that you think it looks great.

Not sure how to set it. I was thinking perhaps going with a LOGR setting (that''s why i asked for opinions on ''em
2.gif
) I''m thinking perhaps a halo. I don''t own anything in that style. Then again, I dig bezels.

Decisions, decisions! I''ll know once I get the stone.

Haha, I always think that the stone will "tell" me how it wants to be set. Then I have too much fun playing with them loose and can never make up my mind! Either way, a halo or bezel sounds awesome.

And I''m really digging that 3.23 oval!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I don''t think you can go too wrong with Richard Wise though. And extra score on the sale
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results