shape
carat
color
clarity

my wife's H&A stones vs HoF stones...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monday I was in S.F. doing some window shopping for watches at Shreve &Co. they carry HoF stones.the SA showed me a 2ct rb G VS2 HoF stone for $49K.. :o .. SA kept on blahaa,blahaa "this is the best RB cut on earth",blahaa,blahaa..then she offered to steam my wife's E-ring ( H&A from GOG) and her ACA 5 stone ring. They then did a side by side comparison ,and you know what? the two SA were speechless and in shock... :lol: we also compared 5 stone rings ACA vs HoF... :naughty: .. my wife's rings were very filthy and look horrible... :knockout: ,so they thought they can do a "your poorly cut stones vs our beautifully cut HoF stone sales pitch", but boy were they in shock after they steam cleaned my wife's rings... :lol:

my point is...branded or not if the stones are well cut they will sparkle... :love:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Best story I've heard today

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: What a happy ending to that little turn of events!!! Kind of put some egg on their faces, didn't it??

So true - well cut diamonds will just be incredible performers! I'm sure she loves her rings --- think you could show us a pic of these gems?? :naughty:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
:mrgreen: :twisted: I like this story.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! It pays to be well informed.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
heididdl|1365205853|3421294 said:
Best story I've heard today
and luckily for them my wife didn't wore her 3 stone BGD pendant that day... :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1365206123|3421300 said:
:appl: What a happy ending to that little turn of events!!! Kind of put some egg on their faces, didn't it??

So true - well cut diamonds will just be incredible performers! I'm sure she loves her rings --- think you could show us a pic of these gems?? :naughty:

dscn1949bvk.jpg

dscn0942.jpg

dscn1781.jpg

diamondloveaffair

Shiny_Rock
Great story. It's the same every where around the world. In my part of the world, sales staff from HoF think that they are the only store who carry the best cut diamonds and are actually snobbish about it.

I see them as living inside a well without even knowing that the diamond world is actually a lot bigger.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great DF! :appl: I have had a couple of jewelers be pretty impressed with my GOG H&A diamond, too! I will really confuse them with an AVR since they've never seen one like those! You wife's rings are gorgeous!!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this story!!
thum12.gif

And your wife's rings are so beautiful!
drool.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1365211403|3421361 said:
That is great DF! :appl: I have had a couple of jewelers be pretty impressed with my GOG H&A diamond, too! I will really confuse them with an AVR since they've never seen one like those! You wife's rings are gorgeous!!! :love:
then you must teach them!.. :bigsmile:

when I started talking about % and angles combos on a well cut RB the two HoF SA really got confused.. :devil: my wife was standing there staring at the ceiling thinking ...you two ladies are in big trouble. He is not your normal dude, unlike me my husband actually knows something about diamonds.Anyhow,after we left the store my wife said that she felt sorry for the two SA... :lol:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great story df. Your wife's rings are beautiful

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondloveaffair|1365208950|3421339 said:
Great story. It's the same every where around the world. In my part of the world, sales staff from HoF think that they are the only store who carry the best cut diamonds and are actually snobbish about it.I see them as living inside a well without even knowing that the diamond world is actually a lot bigger.

no doubt about it... HoF stones are very well cut but is it worth the extra 25-30% vs other brands?? .. only the buyer can decide.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: Her rings are GORGEOUS DF!!! Just beautiful!!! They really are so well cut and the fire shot was awesome! Thanks for sharing those pics! :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So what did you buy me from Shreve? A Lange or two? They have awesome Estate peices--fill up a trunk or two wouldja DF and send it my way? Thats a good boy..... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1365286293|3421619 said:
HI:

So what did you buy me from Shreve? A Lange or two? They have awesome Estate peices--fill up a trunk or two wouldja DF and send it my way? Thats a good boy..... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, Have you been to their S.F. store?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1365287276|3421629 said:
canuk-gal|1365286293|3421619 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon, Have you been to their S.F. store?

Hmmm, i think so....but ages ago. Was in Lang Antiques in SF and in this trip we also went to Fourtane (Carmel)..but for the year I cannot say exactly....gosh my memory sucks.

cheers--Sharon

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1365215547|3421407 said:
when I started talking about % and angles combos on a well cut RB the two HoF SA really got confused.. :devil: my wife was standing there staring at the ceiling thinking ...you two ladies are in big trouble. He is not your normal dude, unlike me my husband actually knows something about diamonds.Anyhow,after we left the store my wife said that she felt sorry for the two SA... :lol:

Haha, I bet Mrs. DF has NEVER heard you ramble about diamonds before. ;-)

Her rings amazing - of course they wowed the poor salespeople.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, DF, her rings are absolutely beautiful! I'm sure they 'outalked' the salesperson!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: my wife's H&A stones vs HoF stones...

Great story - and wow Mrs. DF has a gorgeous collection! Spectacular! What are the stats?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, DF! Your wife's diamond collection is amazing! They blow the competition away! :sun:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story, DF! Those SA's didn't stand a chance! And as for your wife's rings - :love: !

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1365300002|3421722 said:
Great story - and wow Mrs. DF has a gorgeous collection! Spectacular! What are the stats?
Top one is a GIA 3.34ct H SI1 from GOG.
middle one is a recut by Infinity 1.15ct AGS I VS2
bottom one is a 5 stone 1.27ctw from WF

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha awesome! And I love your wife's rings-WOW. I don't know if I've seen pics of them before!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1365205660|3421291 said:
Monday I was in S.F. doing some window shopping for watches at Shreve &Co. they carry HoF stones.the SA showed me a 2ct rb G VS2 HoF stone for $49K.. :o .. SA kept on blahaa,blahaa "this is the best RB cut on earth",blahaa,blahaa..then she offered to steam my wife's E-ring ( H&A from GOG) and her ACA 5 stone ring. They then did a side by side comparison ,and you know what? the two SA were speechless and in shock... :lol: we also compared 5 stone rings ACA vs HoF... :naughty: .. my wife's rings were very filthy and look horrible... :knockout: ,so they thought they can do a "your poorly cut stones vs our beautifully cut HoF stone sales pitch", but boy were they in shock after they steam cleaned my wife's rings... :lol:

my point is...branded or not if the stones are well cut they will sparkle... :love:

Great comments Dancing Fire.

Sadly it works in reverse too.

I once sent a stone to a lady in Texas for evaluation. She called me and told me she was very disappointing in my stone in comparison to one her "appraiser" just happened to have in house when she went for her appraisal. (She would not tell me who it was or I would have outed him for a fraud when it happened.)

She returned the stone and the reason why it did not compare well was obvious. The "appraiser" had rubbed the stone, probably with oil from the nose as it had some kind of cosmetic in it. Naturally the stone looked dead compared to the one that he showed that was clean.

The moral of the story is that to look it best, the diamond must be well cut, and as you have demonstrated, it must also be clean.

Ladies, it is Sunday as I write, so start those steamers!

Wink

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: my wife's H&A stones vs HoF stones...

vtigger86 said:
Rosebloom|1365300002|3421722 said:
Top one is a GIA 3.34ct H SI1 from GOG.
middle one is a recut by Infinity 1.15ct AGS I VS2
bottom one is a 5 stone 1.27ctw from WF
Amazing!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1365303804|3421755 said:
Great story, DF! Those SA's didn't stand a chance! And as for your wife's rings - :love: !
Yeah,it was kind of funny b/c we were just about to leave since i was finish looking at watches and after i gave them a lesson on high end watches... :devil: :lol: .Anyhow, I had no intention of looking at diamonds that day even though i knew they carry HoF stones,then all of a sudden one SA said...can i show you some diamonds? we carry HoF stones the best cut diamonds on earth. my wife knew that they were asking for trouble.. :lol: I bet at that moment my wife was saying to herself ...he just gave you guys a lesson on watches and now he's gonna give you guys a lesson on diamonds... :rolleyes: Anyway, I had fun and also kept the two SA entertained for about 45 mins since we were the only customers in the store.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink|1365345312|3421946 said:
Dancing Fire|1365205660|3421291 said:

The moral of the story is that to look it best, the diamond must be well cut, and as you have demonstrated, it must also be clean.

Ladies, it is Sunday as I write, so start those steamers!

Wink
:appl: :appl:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Still waiting for you to trade that one in DF! :naughty: :wacko: :cheeky: :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1365391292|3422384 said:
Still waiting for you to trade that one in DF! :naughty: :wacko: :cheeky: :bigsmile:
Jon
The wife haven't compain about the stone yet... :wink2: :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results