shape
carat
color
clarity

My Whiteflash Ring and Story

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Ok I am sorry for the delay it has taken in getting my ring and story out there. Been busy renewing the vows in Vegas this last weekend with Elvis!
2.gif

Our shopping for the new 10 year ring started in late August much to my dismay due to hubby being under the assumption that it would be no problem for our long time jeweler to come up with the wonderful stones we had envisioned. We instructed him we wanted a 2-2.20 ct RB nothing less then an SI1 with F-G color. Simple right? NOPE. He couldn''t seem to come up with anything that was eyeclean first off, and of most importance cut properly either. Now, he knew that I was a Diamond Consultant in my former non-mommy life and he knew how extremely fussy my diamond eye is but he just wasn''t getting the job done for us. My husband was getting a little irritated as well because we had to keep getting sitters and drive an hour one way each time he would come up with 1 stone to view. Frustrating to say the least. To my jewelers defense he did try his hardest, found one stone that was ok, but EGL certed and definately not the stone I was wanting.

We decided it was time to view some other options at the dreaded local Robbins Bros. Once again, nothing to my liking. One thing about Robbins Bros sales tactics that I found truely disheartening was the fact that they keep the certificates to all the stones away from you and ask you to "fall in love with the stone" not the paperwork. Now this was so wrong in my opinion, I want to see what I want to see,,especially if I am paying the kind of money we are talking here. I was able to find every single inclusion in their SI1 stones to the tee,,could have plotted them myself but didn''t want to embarass the salesgirl too much. Once again, we left just as frustrated as we had been.

Then I came upon Pricescope, did a little research and started purusing the vendors here. I was very impressed with GOG and Whiteflash and would check in daily on their sites looking for a stone to consider. One lonely Saturday I happen upon the Expert Selection key at Whiteflash as I had seen a sweet Cushion Cut I had been admiring and wanted to share with hubby. I came across a new stone added to the section, a 2.01 G SI1 AGS certed stone, and immediately was intrigued and hit the HOLD KEY asap
2.gif
. I was contacted by Lesley the following day and spoke with Brian at length regarding the stone. I had found one more stone to compare it to as well and Brian did a superb job of getting me all the info on both and talking with me several times in regards to both. I had been leaning towards the original but the thought of purchasing over the internet such a pricey piece was starting to make me and hubby nervous. Brians easy going and laid back demeanor was the only reason we decided to go with an internet purchase. He was not pushy to say the least. He said that the 2.01 was graded hard by AGS and should have been considered an A Cut Above stone, but since it was graded the way it was by AGS, it was to my benefit.

We bit the bullet, and decided to go for it with only a week an half to get the ring done. Brian began work on the custom ring we had discussed and hand picked the 4 side stones to go with. A picture of the wax mold was sent to us for approval and the next day the ring was cast and set. In one week the entire ring took shape and was shipped! WOW!

We picked the ring up at the Fed Ex hold station and tore into it in the car...and OMGGGGGGGGGG it was FABULOUS,GORGEOUS and way beyond words! I was so in awe I couldn''t even speak. It was so beautiful!

We took the ring to the appraisers and he appraised it out as an AGS 000 F color and was very impressed with the entire piece.

I would HIGHLY recommend Whiteflash to anyone thinking of purchasing a diamond ring in the near or distant future. they are a top notch organization and Brians keen eye for quality and beauty are second to none. I look forward to having him make the matching band to my new bauble next year for my 11th anniversary. Thanks Brian and Lesley for making my dream ring come true!
wavey.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Post a picture please! Great diamond story .. I love happy endings!
appl.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Here it is guys. Excuse the yellowish cast in all the pictures, Brian was wearing a yellow shirt that day and it reflected in all even the platinum. But you get the general idea from these. It is simply breathtaking! So clean, so icy so clear...ahhh.
love.gif

2.01 G SI1 center
(4).27 H SI1 A Cut Above side stones
Custom Platinum Setting by Whiteflash Size 5

wow.jpg

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
STUNNING arrows, gorgeous setting! What a ROCK! CONGRATS!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
[:love

BTW, I don't know where you live, but I am in Miami, FL and it's 1:00am here, and I am still up reading PS and have to be at work at 8:45am for a meeting!
11.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
LOL Fancy! On the other Coast here. Southern California to be exact. Escaped the fires. Got all 3 boyz in bed and just doing what mommy loves most. Admiring her ring one more time
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous ring! And the craftsmanship looks fantastic!

You are one vveeerrrryyyyy lucky gal!
love.gif
21.gif
love.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Thanks for the great story!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! and what a nice thing to do -- renewing your vows at 10 years.

diamond dazed

Rough_Rock
That is an amazingly beautiful ring. I'm sure you'll be admiring it for the next 10 years, and beyond!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kris

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words on my new lovely. I am still amazed when I look at it on my finger to think it is actually all mine.
love.gif

Renewing our vows in Vegas with Elvis of course
2.gif
, was the funnest thing we have ever done in 10 years! It was fabulous! We had a great time with all our friends and it was nice to throw a little humor into the mushy stuff. I'll post some pics when they come in.
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results