shape
carat
color
clarity

My White South Seas Drops from pearlzaustralia

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last, my hunt for a pair of well-matched white South Sea (WSS) pearls is finally over!!!

So glad I reached out to pearlzaustralia as in the Etsy shop of @katbran and asked her to help me to source a pair of WSS in a nice dropped shape as it has taken me years to find a pair that I like!

The arrived today, and they are just GORGEOUS! Very nice dropped shape that I love, good size at 11.5mm, very well-matched, very clean and smooth. Just GORGEOUS!

A couple of photos from @katbran

icm_fullxfull.584121775_84rkr0pxkjs4wcg4wkg0.jpg icm_fullxfull.581164503_7gccygzuc3cw4ccowo4c_a.jpg

A few of my own including ear shots:

20231025_121331.jpg 20231025_122016_a.jpg

20231025_122247.jpg 20231025_122318.jpg

THANK YOU @katbran for your help!!!

This is probably the last pair of interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies, unless I decide to have another pair made with pear shaped LGD in a double articulated halo setting. :Up_to_something:

I shall take some group photos of all the nicer drops that I have for the tiny huggies later.

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous drops! I want to srat doing this. I just need to find some decent diamond huggies.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous drops! I want to srat doing this. I just need to find some decent diamond huggies.

Thank you!

I had searched for the right pair of small huggies for years, and when I saw them in a jewellery store in LA's Diamond District when I was there in 2016, I just knew they were "the one".

DK =)2

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Love these, they look great on you! :kiss2:

I have also been looking for little huggies like yours, I find all of your drops so inspiring. I think I saw elsewhere that they are 0.37ctw? I'm looking at the 0.3ctw, 0.5ctw, and 0.7ctw shared prong huggies from IDJ. All of them would be 5 stones per earring, so 3 pointers vs 5 pointers vs 7 pointers. The price difference isn't dramatic (and the 3 and 5 pointer are basically the same price...), so it's more about what would give a good vibe overall. Do you have any thoughts on what your ideal size would be if you could them in your preferred oval shape? My earlobes are smaller than yours but I'm thinking more about the ratio of hoop to drop than hoop to ear, if that makes sense. The only drops I have right now that I would wear with these are 7-7.5mm Akoyas, but I want to build up a bit of a 'wardrobe' over time as your collection just seems so versatile.

Thanks! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@newtojewels I don't know how often I thought about getting a pair of huggies with bigger stones than my tiny ones - I am on at least the 3rd remake and am still not happy with them.

Besides, all the interchangeable drops I have to date work well with this pair of tiny huggies, and they could look out of place if I have new pair with bigger stones as the melees in the drops are small and in line with the ones in the huggies, if you know what I mean.

You could try going bigger with larger inexpensive CFWPs like flameballs etc. before spending more on Tahitians, South Seas and CSs.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re absolutely stunning @dk168, wear them in good health.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy mackerel @dk168 :eek-2: What an unbelievable pair of drops :love: The shape, the size, the colour, the luster - where do I start!?

These are treasures! Treasure your treasures - these are irreplaceable :love:

I do believe you’re done with drops now because how on earth do you top these? :appl:

Last edited:

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Those look perfect for you and on you! =)

Wear in good health!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy mackerel @dk168 :eek-2: What an unbelievable pair of drops :love: The shape, the size, the colour, the luster - where do I start!?

These are treasures! Treasure your treasures - these are irreplaceable :love:

I do believe you’re done with drops now because how on earth do you top these? :appl:

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for the recommendation for @katbran of pearlzaustralia as she is great!

Pearls drops are done for me, however, I am contemplating a pair of LGD pear drops with double articulated halos like this one:

Pearl Drop.JPG

DK :))

LHethrington

Rough_Rock
At last, my hunt for a pair of well-matched white South Sea (WSS) pearls is finally over!!!

So glad I reached out to pearlzaustralia as in the Etsy shop of @katbran and asked her to help me to source a pair of WSS in a nice dropped shape as it has taken me years to find a pair that I like!

The arrived today, and they are just GORGEOUS! Very nice dropped shape that I love, good size at 11.5mm, very well-matched, very clean and smooth. Just GORGEOUS!

A couple of photos from @katbran

icm_fullxfull.584121775_84rkr0pxkjs4wcg4wkg0.jpg icm_fullxfull.581164503_7gccygzuc3cw4ccowo4c_a.jpg

A few of my own including ear shots:

20231025_121331.jpg 20231025_122016_a.jpg

20231025_122247.jpg 20231025_122318.jpg

THANK YOU @katbran for your help!!!

This is probably the last pair of interchangeable drops for my tiny diamond huggies, unless I decide to have another pair made with pear shaped LGD in a double articulated halo setting. :Up_to_something:

I shall take some group photos of all the nicer drops that I have for the tiny huggies later.

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

they are really lovely!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results