shape
carat
color
clarity

My WF CAD cushion halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''ve been in search of the perfect setting for my ring for quite awhile. I found it on PS when I saw a picture from WF that I fell in love with. My diamond is round but i wanted a cushion shaped halo around it - with more bling and less metal and the perfect proportions around the center stone.

First is the original.

wf-original.jpg

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
The only thing I didn''t like about the original was the profile view. I didn''t like how the cutlet was exposed (kind of like ritani endless love). I wanted the profile closed off but not quite sure what I think about profile of the CAD. I think it needs to sit a bit higher? Let me know what you think. Also do the proportions of the halo vs center stone look identical to the original? I''m thinking more of the halo is exposed on my CAD vs the original.

cad smaller.jpg

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Another view of my CAD.

Please let me know what you think! :)

<3

CAD smaller 1ver1.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
First, that''s one gorgeous ring. Second, I loooove the lowness, but if you think it should be raised a bit, I think it''d look equally good a millimeter or two (?) higher.

Please return with photos once it''s completed!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's lovely, but I am not loving the profile. I love the design, just not how the halo sits on the shank. It's needs to be more feminine? If that makes sense.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i think it look absolutely perfect the way it is. it is truly stunning!!
and yes, when you get the ring, please come back with more pics!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:33:51 AM
Author: Kaleigh
It''s lovely, but I am not loving the profile. I love the design, just not how the halo sits on the shank. It''s needs to be more feminine? If that makes sense.

Ditto, I think slightly higher would look much better :D

sapphyre

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! :) I love love the top down version but not loving the profile - but I''m not quite sure how to explain what I don''t like about the profile... so I wouldn''t have a clue how to explain it to WF to get them to adjust it. I think there has to be slight more space between where the cutlet is and where the band closes below it. As far as prettying up the profile - any suggestions? The initial "inspiration" collage of pics that was sent to WF showed a way different profile and for some reason I cannot attach it!

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous!! I actually love how low it is..

good luck on pin pointing what it is you want adjusted - it''s gonna look fabulous whatever you do!! can''t wait to see more pics
36.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I see the point about how low it is, but I wonder how much different it may look in real life. I think it''s BEAUTIFUL!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful. I too agree the head should sit up a little more. If you ever wanted to pair a band with it, you''d never be able to find one that low.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, but I am not loving the profile. I love the design, just not how the halo sits on the shank. It''s needs to be more feminine? If that makes sense.

FIrst off..the ring is GORGEOUS! I do agree with Kaleigh on the profile. Kind of looks like the body needs a neck. Have you ever seen those men with no necks? That''s what comes to mind. It needs a little lift and that will add some sexiness to it.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks absolutely gorgeous, but I do agree is sits a little low
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 7:23:34 AM
Author: atroop711

FIrst off..the ring is GORGEOUS! I do agree with Kaleigh on the profile. Kind of looks like the body needs a neck. Have you ever seen those men with no necks? That''s what comes to mind. It needs a little lift and that will add some sexiness to it.
Thats it I think.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 7:55:59 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/26/2009 7:23:34 AM
Author: atroop711

Thats it I think.
I agree. And LOL at the men with no necks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I happen to like it low...I dont like the ones that set up high with a big empty middle space (I think
the Ritani is like that). I guess moving up a little wouldnt hurt though. Your diamond doesnt cover up
as much of the halo as the original picture you showed (which I think is better...please dont change!).

Its a beautiful ring...post pictures when you get it!!!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it will be gorgeous!!

I agree that it would look nicer with a ''neck''. My preference (personally) would be a legacy-style profile to give it some interest, but in such a way that you can still have a wb sit flush (if that is what you would like).

I think it looks a tad too ''squat'' or something. But I have a feeling it will turn out to be stunning when it is done. The top view is perfect!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
wowza...I have to say I love it just the way it is!
However,,,,,, I think you might get what you are missing by just haveing them raise it up a tad so you can see more of the curve of the shank connecting to the head.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful.
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! And it will look lovely set a bit higher.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous. I too would raise it up a tad bit. I think it will flow a little better visually.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results