carat
color
clarity

My WF 4.7ct ACA in Victor Canera Emilya Cathedral Setting

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My WF 4.7ct ACA in Victor Canera Emilya Cathedral Settin

Congrats, m-2-b, and your rings are so beautiful and so impressive. Thank you for all the amazing pics you uploaded for us, much much appreciated (love the fire shots!!). :love: :appl: :wavey:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

This thread is going to be bookmarked for continued reference when I need a little pick me up. AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy for you! What exquisite pieces. Thanks for sharing.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bright ice|1483365899|4111552 said:
M2b, it is absolute perfection :love: I knew when I saw the ring on Victor's IG page that it had to be yours :clap: Your collection is TDF too. I'm jealous and happy that you got to meet Victor IRL, what a treat!

Thanks, BI! :wavey: I've always been inspired by your collection--you have an OEC/EC that are TDF as well! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya|1483370245|4111556 said:
I've really enjoyed this thread! I love seeing all the photos.

Your new ring is beyond stunning. I can only imagine how much it sparkles. Congratulations!

Thanks, Jambalaya! :wavey: I'll be adding more pics soon! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MK514|1483380084|4111586 said:
Your new ring is :love: Victor did a beautiful job!
Happy New Year!

Hi MK514! :wavey: You have an amazing VC masterpiece yourself! :love: :love: :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

star sparkle|1483389214|4111627 said:
THUD. Your reset is stunning and your collection is drool-worthy! Congrats!

Thanks, star sparkle! :wavey: Congrats on "Jewel of the Week" to you! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

blushpeony|1483402891|4111694 said:
holy moly! What a reset! :appl: And I just love seeing the photos of the ACA and AVR side by side. Both are equally stunning!

Thanks blushpeony! :wavey: More pics of my ACA/AVR are coming right up! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now onto some snow day pics--boy do I wish I was in sunny California right about now!

img_14425.jpg

img_14426.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

derbygal|1483403260|4111697 said:
Perfection, in every way!

Thanks for stopping by, derbygal! :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tarrotka|1483403429|4111698 said:
Beautiful setting for a beautiful diamond! How can you choose between these two?

Hi Tarrotka! :wavey: I love your beautiful cushion halo as well! :love: My ACA Emilya is now my daily ring since it matches nicely w/ my ACA studs, but I'll pull the AVC halo ring for special occasions! :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

baby monster|1483406836|4111719 said:
Fabulous collection, m-2-b :appl: :appl: :appl: Gorgeous rings and earrings!

Thank you, baby monster! :wavey: I can't wait til you upgrade your fabulous studs! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LawmaLlama|1483412333|4111751 said:
Oh dear gawd, . . . I think I have died and gone to finger coverage heaven. :shock:

Bravo, bravo! :clap:

Thanks, LawmaLlama! :wavey: I think you've got me beat there on horizontal finger coverage w/ your 3 stone AVR! :love: :cheeky:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42|1483415978|4111771 said:
Your ACA is what mine aspires to be when it grows up :love: :love: :love:
Loved the 6 prong setting but the new Emilya setting is equally superb. It is gorgeous on you!!

Thanks, mochiko! :wavey: That's what upgrade programs are for! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

PierreBear|1483471994|4111947 said:
I know I've looked at this thread already and replied but I can't resist! Have you thought about being a jewelry photographer before? Love all the pictures!

This is really a personal question if you don't mind. Can you share your thoughts between the look of the solitaire versus the halo? Does it make you feel differently wearing one piece versus the other (perhaps in how you style outfits or when you go out on outings)? Would love to hear some insight since you've worn both beautiful pieces so well! Keep on sharing those photos. :love:

Hi there, PierreBear! :wavey:

Here are my thoughts on the matter. I do love the clean, classic lines of a 6 prong solitaire, especially in a MRB. It makes the diamond stand out as the star of the show. If I had an even larger stone like Phoenix's 5.3+ ct Holly, I might have kept it as a solitaire. However, I wanted a change after all these years of upgrading, more protection for my diamond's girdle, and a little more bling factor on the rest of the ring. So voila, out came a paved VC Emilya! It definitely makes a bolder, blingier statement now, if you know what I mean! :bigsmile:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Skhii|1483751346|4113153 said:
m-2-b|1483282307|4111317 said:
Acinom|1483260129|4111283 said:
Happy New Year :wavey:
Thanks for starting a dedicated thread for your amazing piece. I have posted in the other thread but I waited for you to post your story and lots of pics. What strikes me is the refined look, even on such a giant rock. Your ACA rocks!! Victor did a great job and the ring looks amazing on you.
What a treat to be able to meet Victor in real life! I hope I will have that opportunity one day.

Do you detect differences in 'signature' or craftmanship if you compare the VC halo with the SK halo? And how do you review a non cathedral style versus a cathedral style? And how do you review owning two major large center stone halo's?

Enjoy wearing this piece of art and please post more of those amazing pictures.

Hi Acinom! :wavey: You never miss a beat when it comes to recognizing Victor's work! He has completely perfected the Emilya halo--I let him do his thing on the proportions which of course turned out fabulously! I think you still outnumber me in total # of VC pieces owned, though! :)) I definitely think seeing more of his work in person should be on your bucket list if you ever visit the States! :appl:

I decided upon the cathedral style this time to help w/ spinning issues and to have a fluid transition from the halo to the shank. I also wanted to differentiate it a bit from my AVC halo ring. Can you tell that I love halo's?! ::) I also used full cut melee to match the brilliance of my MRB ACA.

As for comparisons on my 2 hand forged halos, there are a few subtle differences that I have noticed:

--VC tilts his halo around the center stone
--Less metal can be seen from the edge of the VC halo on profile view
--VC's pave is completely smooth--feels like I am not even wearing a pave piece!
--Deeper grooves can be seen with SK's shallow cut pave compared to VC's
--VC's prongs are slightly thicker, SK's prong's are sharper/thinner in appearance

I anticipate that my VC ACA Emilya will continue to be my primary ER and my SK AVC my alternate ER/RHR. I hope I answered all of your questions to the best of my ability, Acinom! :))

Wow, a vacation including diamonds and Bottega Louie macarons sounds like paradise! ::) Your jewelry collection is breathtaking, m-2-b!!! You're lucky to be able to compare VC and SK's work- it would be amazing to take and see macro photos. Victor's craftsmanship must be unparalleled if it's as smooth as a plain shank!

Do you know what pointer size melee VC and SK used on their halo and shank? And what is the resulting width (in mm) of the halos and shanks? I am not sure about the halos, but from your photos, SK's shank looks thicker (maybe 2mm shank with 2 pointers, vs 1.8mm shank with 1.5 pointers?). Are the diamonds in your SK ring also full cut melee?
Thanks so much for sharing your collection and diamonds you got to play with in VC's office!

Hi Skhii! :wavey: I believe my Emilya shank may be ~1.9mm b/c it is similar in width to my VC single cut bands. The SK halo shank does look slightly wider w/ bigger melee to my eyes. I'm not sure of the exact melee point size on either ring but both are made with full cut diamonds. Here's another close up of the shanks:

img_14432.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Let it snow, let it snow!

img_14431.jpg

img_14433.jpg

img_14434.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new pics :love:
Thanks for sharing more pics of your stunning rings. Two pieces of art. It's great to see the comparison pics

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1483753005|4113162 said:
Congrats, m-2-b, and your rings are so beautiful and so impressive. Thank you for all the amazing pics you uploaded for us, much much appreciated (love the fire shots!!). :love: :appl: :wavey:

Thanks, azstone! :wavey: I've got a few more pics up my sleeve!

Rosebloom said:
This thread is going to be bookmarked for continued reference when I need a little pick me up. AMAZING!!!! I'm so happy for you! What exquisite pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Rosebloom! :wavey: I feel really honored now! ::)

Acinom said:
Your new pics :love:
Thanks for sharing more pics of your stunning rings. Two pieces of art. It's great to see the comparison pics

Thanks for stopping by again, Acinom! :wavey: I'm always happy to show more comparison pics for educational purposes! :read:

img_14440.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My pink camelias are blooming now...perfect time for a quick photo shoot of my ring!

Happy Valentines Day everyone! :wavey:

img_14847.jpg

img_14846.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Those are gorgeous, m2b!!! I love your setting! I really like the cathedral shank! This is a funny coincidence, but my sister texted me a picture of a vase of camellias she had cut from her yard this afternoon!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

Wow!!!!

Love your reset and this pic-heavy thread- thank you!!!

I love your ACA, MRB's in luscious sizes appeal to me, lol.... and the halo is the perfect setting, it is a throne fit for that regal queen of a diamond.

The craftmanship is of course impeccable, and the ring just looks so elegant and proportional, I truly love the combo.

Gorgeous, enjoy!!!!!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

Your Emilya reset is stunning!!! :love: And your diamond photography is out of this world - I can look at/drool over your pictures of your jewelry all day long!! :lol: :appl:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Holy Moly you have 2 of the most gorgeous rings EVER!!!! This diamond is like a huge sparkle explosion and the setting is so beautiful. I don't know if it's brightness can be matched. I love your AVC ring too!!!! I am such a sucker for that cut...I need to get one some day lol. Do you have a thread with pics of the AVC ring?

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I loved your ring so much that I almost got the same setting!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the late responses, everyone!

Those are gorgeous, m2b!!! I love your setting! I really like the cathedral shank! This is a funny coincidence, but my sister texted me a picture of a vase of camellias she had cut from her yard this afternoon!

Thanks, DS! I'm so looking forward to meeting up for another bling adventure again! It's going to be tons of fun!:dance:

Wow!!!!

Love your reset and this pic-heavy thread- thank you!!!

I love your ACA, MRB's in luscious sizes appeal to me, lol.... and the halo is the perfect setting, it is a throne fit for that regal queen of a diamond.

The craftmanship is of course impeccable, and the ring just looks so elegant and proportional, I truly love the combo.

Gorgeous, enjoy!!!!!

I love taking bling pics so thanks for letting me indulge in a hobby of mine, lol!:)

Your Emilya reset is stunning!!! :love: And your diamond photography is out of this world - I can look at/drool over your pictures of your jewelry all day long!! :lol: :appl:

Thank you, nycspring!:wavey:

Holy Moly you have 2 of the most gorgeous rings EVER!!!! This diamond is like a huge sparkle explosion and the setting is so beautiful. I don't know if it's brightness can be matched. I love your AVC ring too!!!! I am such a sucker for that cut...I need to get one some day lol. Do you have a thread with pics of the AVC ring?

Thanks, goldenfire!:wavey: I used to have a thread up on my SK AVC ring but it got deleted by mistake. I do have various pics of it in the AVC thread and 5+ ct thread for you to peruse.:read:

I loved your ring so much that I almost got the same setting!

Thanks, Loreal!:wavey: I really love your version of the Emilya as well!:love:

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back with a few more pics to share: IMG_3390.jpg IMG_3382.jpg IMG_3372.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combo m-2-b! You wear it well!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Gahh! Your ring is truly stunning!! Thanks for sharing yours amazing pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results