Premium
Re: My WF 4.7ct ACA in Victor Canera Emilya Cathedral Settin

Here are the 2.7 ct CAC and 3+ ct CER's again:

img_14350.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally felt like a kid in a candy store examining all these diamonds in Victor's office! :dance: So fascinating yet so much fun at the same time! Thanks so much for joining me on this playdate, PS'ers! :wavey:

Here is another requested pic of my Emilya (in my blue Mrs. Box):

img_14351.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for all the wonderful photos!!!!! You can't beat a Victor halo for the elegant bling factor!!!! Your rings are gorgeous, and his stones are amazing too!!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is mesmerizing!

P

PierreBear

M2B, thank you for sharing your pictures and your stories. Glad that you had a fun family vacation and managed to finish out a wonderful project! Enjoy for many years to come! All your pieces look amazing on you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks, everyone! :wavey: I will try to reply individually again later!

Here's another round of pics (taken on a cloudy day):

img_14361.jpg

img_14366.jpg

img_14367.jpg

img_14364.jpg

P

PierreBear

I know I've looked at this thread already and replied but I can't resist! Have you thought about being a jewelry photographer before? Love all the pictures!

This is really a personal question if you don't mind. Can you share your thoughts between the look of the solitaire versus the halo? Does it make you feel differently wearing one piece versus the other (perhaps in how you style outfits or when you go out on outings)? Would love to hear some insight since you've worn both beautiful pieces so well! Keep on sharing those photos. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, awesome pictures, m2b! Thank you for sharing pictures of Victor's diamonds! :love: Gosh, I am afraid to meet with you because even a 3 ct looks small next to your new ring! I am afraid of the dreaded DSS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: (Just kidding...it's extremely wonderful to have friends with fabulous diamond jewelry!)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1483294894|4111382 said:
Gorgeous! You have such a beautiful collection! :appl:

Thank you, tyty! You've got a beautiful pear there as well! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Acinom|1483295551|4111387 said:
Thank you for answering all my questions! And it's great to see the comparison pics too. I love the differences!!! Both rings are top notch and it's great that they have their own signature style.

Visiting Victor's office would indeed be great. I have 4 pieces from him now and I would love to wear one or two one of his bands as well, despite my ban. SK's prongs seem to resemble Leon's claws, ie more thin and straight. I love that style as much I love Victor's prongs.

I agree with your observation on the prongs from both vendors, Acinom. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes! Oh, and thanks for adding this thread to the VC Beauties thread! :wavey:

Hopefully your ban has expired for the new year?! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

gemgirl|1483297692|4111394 said:
That's a stone and a ring that I can only dream of. It's fabulous!

Thank you, gemgirl! :wavey: I'm enjoying wearing it work these days!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

M2B, Congrats, Beautiful rings!!... :love: Amazing collection!!.. :love: :love: :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1483306682|4111417 said:
Hi m-2-b, thank you so much for these lovely amazing pictures. They are such a feast for the eyes. :love: :love: :love: The Emilya seems to underscore the beauty of your ACA. The end result is just a stunning, stunning ring. I can see you wearing this ring for many years to come. So wonderful that you and DH had a chance to spend some time with Victor. Now he will know who is making the lovely pieces that make his wife so happy. Congratulations on such a lovely, successful project.

Thank you, LLJ! :wavey: I made the same trek you did in 2014--thanks again for all of the helpful tips! ;)) It's great that PS has brought us together under these circumstances! :))

Oh, and dare I say that DSS has been conquered now?! :o

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Strawberry129|1483307522|4111423 said:
I'm guessing my modest ring got uploaded in the first post by mistake..hehe

Can we switch rings please....jp...your ring is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! That finger coverage is INSANE!!!!!!! HOLY SMOKES! :shock: :lickout: Both rings are jawdropping actually! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thank you, Strawberry129! I love your solitaire as well--a classic beauty! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

snotty_pie|1483315534|4111453 said:
Amazing rings! I've been lurking and admiring from Seattle. :)

Thanks, snotty_pie! Thanks for looking! :wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire|1483318885|4111462 said:
That is some family! Care to adopt me??? :cheeky: Both of your rings are absolute perfection! Wear them in much health and happiness!!

My dear yenny--so good to hear from you! I hope you are doing well these days, especially while wearing your fabulous oval SS ring! :love: Have you had any fabulous bling projects up your sleeve?!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mol42|1483324614|4111474 said:
Happy 2017 m-2-b!

Wow, your new reset is stunningly beautiful and both rings are just amazing! Even though they are both halos to the casual observer, they are so different from prong sizes to prong numbers to cathedral (or not) to pave donuts (or not) and the list goes on. It's like 2 white shirts that are totally different!! :wink2:

Does VC have a store that you can browse in or do you have to make an appointment? Either way, it would be a fun sandbox to play in and thanks for the recommendation!

Enjoy your beautiful rings in good health! :wavey:

Happy New Year to you as well, mol42! :wavey: Yes, there are subtle differences between both rings once you take a closer look. It really depends upon personal preference.

To answer your question, visits to his office are by appt only. He is happy to show you whatever you may be interested in. I have more pics of some other jewelry that I may add later to this thread as well. The ajour work on his pieces are really a sight to see in person!

BTW, I hope you still plan on starting a thread on your latest pieces! :naughty:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

poshmommy|1483328537|4111490 said:
Both rings are fabulous! How lucky you are! I am glad to see one with the cathedral sides. I truly do love your AVC too! It is hard for my eye to distinguish which stone is bigger. Do you mind telling me?

Your collection is so beautiful! You have such fantastic taste!

Hi Posh! I'm glad you stopped by for a quick look! :)) The AVC is actually larger in carat weight but the ACA faces up larger (which is *usually* true for well cut MRB's vs cushions in general). I think they are both equal in proportion to each other now with the halo's.

So now I have the MRB Emilya cousin to your CER Emilya! ::)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just gorgeous m2b! I am partial to the AVC of course but this stone and setting are breathtaking. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the additional pictures! They are just wonderful. :D

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is GORGEOUS - wear it in good health!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock

m-2-b|1483506136|4112164 said:
poshmommy|1483328537|4111490 said:
Both rings are fabulous! How lucky you are! I am glad to see one with the cathedral sides. I truly do love your AVC too! It is hard for my eye to distinguish which stone is bigger. Do you mind telling me?

Your collection is so beautiful! You have such fantastic taste!

Hi Posh! I'm glad you stopped by for a quick look! :)) The AVC is actually larger in carat weight but the ACA faces up larger (which is *usually* true for well cut MRB's vs cushions in general). I think they are both equal in proportion to each other now with the halo's.

So now I have the MRB Emilya cousin to your CER Emilya! ::)

Thanks for the information on your cushion! It's my favorite on this site! Thank you also for posting the pictures of his diamonds. The 2.7 wasn't there when I visited Victor in April. I loved that K CER though! We nearly decided on that one. Sounds like we did the same thing you did...kids in his office and macaroons on the way out! I hope you got to try the rose one. It was awesome!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gem Queen|1483339731|4111520 said:
And I didn't think I could live anything more than your first ring. This ring is fabulous. I love Sophia to the moon and back, but now I'm going to the other side. Emily is perfect. You lucky girl!

Thank you, Gem Queen! :wavey:

violet3 said:
That is GORGEOUS - wear it in good health!

Thanks, violet3! :wavey: I've been wearing it daily to work and enjoying every minute of it! :bigsmile:

redwood66 said:
Just gorgeous m2b! I am partial to the AVC of course but this stone and setting are breathtaking. :love:

Thanks, redwood66! :wavey: My AVC is in good company now!

Tekate said:
It is mesmerizing!

Thanks, Tekate! :wavey:

arkieb1 said:
Thank you for all the wonderful photos!!!!! You can't beat a Victor halo for the elegant bling factor!!!! Your rings are gorgeous, and his stones are amazing too!!!!

Hi arkieb1! :wavey: It's great to have another VC halo again--it's been too long without one! :)) I'm glad you enjoyed the pics, too!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Alex T|1483362010|4111539 said:

Thanks, Alex T! :wavey:

Dancing Fire said:
M2B, Congrats, Beautiful rings!!... :love: Amazing collection!!.. :love: :love: :appl:

Thanks, DF! :wavey: Now if I could only add an Octavia to my collection for the future! :sun:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

m-2-b|1483282307|4111317 said:
Acinom|1483260129|4111283 said:
Happy New Year :wavey:
Thanks for starting a dedicated thread for your amazing piece. I have posted in the other thread but I waited for you to post your story and lots of pics. What strikes me is the refined look, even on such a giant rock. Your ACA rocks!! Victor did a great job and the ring looks amazing on you.
What a treat to be able to meet Victor in real life! I hope I will have that opportunity one day.

Do you detect differences in 'signature' or craftmanship if you compare the VC halo with the SK halo? And how do you review a non cathedral style versus a cathedral style? And how do you review owning two major large center stone halo's?

Enjoy wearing this piece of art and please post more of those amazing pictures.

Hi Acinom! :wavey: You never miss a beat when it comes to recognizing Victor's work! He has completely perfected the Emilya halo--I let him do his thing on the proportions which of course turned out fabulously! I think you still outnumber me in total # of VC pieces owned, though! :)) I definitely think seeing more of his work in person should be on your bucket list if you ever visit the States! :appl:

I decided upon the cathedral style this time to help w/ spinning issues and to have a fluid transition from the halo to the shank. I also wanted to differentiate it a bit from my AVC halo ring. Can you tell that I love halo's?! ::) I also used full cut melee to match the brilliance of my MRB ACA.

As for comparisons on my 2 hand forged halos, there are a few subtle differences that I have noticed:

--VC tilts his halo around the center stone
--Less metal can be seen from the edge of the VC halo on profile view
--VC's pave is completely smooth--feels like I am not even wearing a pave piece!
--Deeper grooves can be seen with SK's shallow cut pave compared to VC's
--VC's prongs are slightly thicker, SK's prong's are sharper/thinner in appearance

I anticipate that my VC ACA Emilya will continue to be my primary ER and my SK AVC my alternate ER/RHR. I hope I answered all of your questions to the best of my ability, Acinom! :))

Wow, a vacation including diamonds and Bottega Louie macarons sounds like paradise! ::) Your jewelry collection is breathtaking, m-2-b!!! You're lucky to be able to compare VC and SK's work- it would be amazing to take and see macro photos. Victor's craftsmanship must be unparalleled if it's as smooth as a plain shank!

Do you know what pointer size melee VC and SK used on their halo and shank? And what is the resulting width (in mm) of the halos and shanks? I am not sure about the halos, but from your photos, SK's shank looks thicker (maybe 2mm shank with 2 pointers, vs 1.8mm shank with 1.5 pointers?). Are the diamonds in your SK ring also full cut melee?
Thanks so much for sharing your collection and diamonds you got to play with in VC's office!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results