shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock

Had to reactivate to show off my maps! My fiance finally scanned them for me. We are putting these in our guests gift bags. They show everything that we are doing at the resort - the homes we are staying in, the chapel, the yacht for the wine cruise, the Treehouse for the kids, everything.

Martin Lloyd Wedding Map2.jpg

tylerswife

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I'm getting married at Palmetto Bluff in June 2009! I nearly died when I saw your pictures because I have not come across many brides who are having thier wedding there. I'm having my reception at the golf grill. I thought about the cellar, but it didn't seem appropriate for a summer wedding. However, for a December wedding it sounds soooo cozy.

Who is doing your flowers and ivitations? We're also renting a house... however its a home in bluffton that sits on the May River. We thought that staying on the property at over $1000 a night was out of our budget and a little waistful since we'll be there almost a week before our honeymoon.

You're so close to your big day, would you mind sharing pics of your big day?

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 2:24:41 PM
Author: tylerswife
Hi,

I'm getting married at Palmetto Bluff in June 2009! I nearly died when I saw your pictures because I have not come across many brides who are having thier wedding there. I'm having my reception at the golf grill. I thought about the cellar, but it didn't seem appropriate for a summer wedding. However, for a December wedding it sounds soooo cozy.

Who is doing your flowers and ivitations? We're also renting a house... however its a home in bluffton that sits on the May River. We thought that staying on the property at over $1000 a night was out of our budget and a little waistful since we'll be there almost a week before our honeymoon.

You're so close to your big day, would you mind sharing pics of your big day?
How neat! I will definitely let you know how everything goes. I'm really excited - it is such a beautiful place. We are really looking forward to just getting up there and relaxing!

My wedding is REALLY small, so we had invitations handmade by the same person who did the maps. I will eventually get one of them scanned and put up on this thread. We are using Sue Burden for our flowers. I'll post the pics.

Best of luck to you!

tylerswife

Rough_Rock
I would love to hear your recap of your vendors... who you loved and who you could have lived without.

I can''t wait for you to post your pics... I can never get enough of seeing weddings there.

I hope your day is everything that you hope it to be!

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
The LOWCOUNTRY!!

Yaay! All your rehearsal dinner is missing is shrimp n grits, and some she crab soup! Yum!

My fiance is from Summerville, SC, so I guess I''m a little bit biased when I say that you are planning one GORGEOUS wedding! All of the elements are so perfect, and they flow beautifully together! Your pictures will be phenomenal!!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:03:06 PM
Author: Mediterranean
The LOWCOUNTRY!!

Yaay! All your rehearsal dinner is missing is shrimp n grits, and some she crab soup! Yum!

My fiance is from Summerville, SC, so I guess I''m a little bit biased when I say that you are planning one GORGEOUS wedding! All of the elements are so perfect, and they flow beautifully together! Your pictures will be phenomenal!!
You are so right!!! We really struggled to find a way to do shrimp and grits for 30 people, but I''m cooking, and it just didn''t work out. But he and I are going out for shrimp and grits the night before by ourselves . . . don''t tell anyone! Oh my gosh, if anyone out there has not had them before, you just do not know what you are missing!

The soup at our dinner is she-crab cut with fresh corn chowder. It is delicious - just a little bit less rich than straight she-crab.

Thank you so much. I am hoping that I will make all our guests fall in love with SC just like we did.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I absolutely adore this wedding. I actually showed it to my BF and said, "If, when we eventually get married, we get roped into having a wedding in the States, I want one like this! Pretty, low-key, and Southern."

BF is from VA, and we''re both living in NC and love the water and the South, so in (quite) a few years if you see me popping up with a wedding there, don''t be surprised.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn''t going to post my wedding photo link on Pricescope because it''s a slideshow and so many of the pics are just family, non-wedding related . . . anyway, someone else posted the link elsewhere (which was totally fine! I appreciate you being interested:) so I''m going to put it here for better reference:

www.maggieandgardner.com

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wanna see posted photos! I don''t have patience to see children fishing (sorry!) I really want to see your Pronovias gown and did you do a 40''s hairstyle as you wanted to? I ask because I a.) love Pronovias and think that might be a style I will go for and b.) Want to do a 40''s style myself when the time comes.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 2:10:50 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I wanna see posted photos! I don''t have patience to see children fishing (sorry!) I really want to see your Pronovias gown and did you do a 40''s hairstyle as you wanted to? I ask because I a.) love Pronovias and think that might be a style I will go for and b.) Want to do a 40''s style myself when the time comes.
I totally understand! That''s why I didn''t post the thread to begin with;-) I am really going to try to get some posted pics up here soon for all the people that don''t want to look at kids fishing . . .

In answer to your question, I did NOT do a 40s hairstyle, I think it would have worked better with the dress, and I wish I would have. I got talked into a low messy side bun, which looked FANTASTIC at my hair trial. Unfortunately, she didn''t give me the same do at the wedding.

My advice - take a picture of the EXACT hairdo at your trial. I assumed that if the same person did it, they would redo the same style? Nope, didn''t work that way.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awesome. I can''t wait!
36.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 2:27:07 PM
Author: MaggieB

I totally understand! That''s why I didn''t post the thread to begin with;-) I am really going to try to get some posted pics up here soon for all the people that don''t want to look at kids fishing . . .

In answer to your question, I did NOT do a 40s hairstyle, I think it would have worked better with the dress, and I wish I would have. I got talked into a low messy side bun, which looked FANTASTIC at my hair trial. Unfortunately, she didn''t give me the same do at the wedding.

My advice - take a picture of the EXACT hairdo at your trial. I assumed that if the same person did it, they would redo the same style? Nope, didn''t work that way.
you are dealing with this alot better than i would...

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 2:36:42 PM
Author: cbs102

Oh, I''m sorry if I''m making it seem like I''m mad about it! I''m not. I told everyone who my photographer was and I am flattered that she was interested enough to find it, seriously. Like I said, I was just going to find some individual pics, but in hindsight, Tim is such an amazing photographer I think he deserves to have the whole show availabe in its entirity.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 2:43:56 PM

Date: 2/6/2009 2:36:42 PM
Author: cbs102

Oh, I''m sorry if I''m making it seem like I''m mad about it! I''m not. I told everyone who my photographer was and I am flattered that she was interested enough to find it, seriously. Like I said, I was just going to find some individual pics, but in hindsight, Tim is such an amazing photographer I think he deserves to have the whole show availabe in its entirity.
No i did not get that impression at all..I would be upset!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Maggie your pictures are gorgeous!! I live in NC and have probably spent half my life at the coast.
3.gif
It''s such a relaxing place. I love how you involved your family and got to spend so much quality time with them. Hehe it looksl ike so much fun with everyone fishing and all - it''s what we used to do all the time!
1.gif
Congratulations and I''m glad your wedding went well! The chapel especially is so beautiful!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi MaggieB, I am loving your wedding dress and reception hall
30.gif
well everything else lol
31.gif
even down to the map. I like the middle shoes you posted the ones with the bling on it lol! well cant wait for your pics. oopps now I can see the pics Thanks for the linked above.

tylerswife

Rough_Rock
CBS... whoever you are... if you found the thread where the original post was, another member specifically asked to see pics that are posted for ANY person to see on this photographers sight. I didn''t "jack" them from anyone, I simply put the link to the photogrpahers site, not MaggieB''s slide show. So, I think you should just leave well enough alone.
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results