shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
It''s getting to be crunch time for my December wedding, so I thought I would compile everything that we''ve chosen so far into one thread. I think it will make it easier when I ask you guys to help me pick all the little details.

Here is a general picture of our venue. We are getting married at Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton, South Carolina. It is in the lowcountry, for those who know what that means! So, this is the picture of the river next to the chapel. (BTW, I am the world''s worst computer person. Prepare for the pictures to be NOT what I say they are!
20.gif
)

dock.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, that one worked. Let''s try one of the chapel.

chapel_letter.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
And the inside of the chapel. We are doing a candlelight wedding so we won''t get as much of the view, but we are holding a prewedding champagne reception prior to the wedding while it is still light, so we''ll have the view then. And I think that the candlelight will reflect beautifully in all of the windows surrounding the chapel. Saves on the flower budget too
2.gif

chapel inside.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
We rented a home for our families to stay in and we''ll be holding our welcome party (rehearsal dinner) there. We''ll be doing a traditional Carolina lowcountry boil (shrimp, kielbasa, corn and potatoes boiled in spices like Old Bay) and BBQ. This is the outdoor area of the home where we''ll hold the party.

home_view_letter.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Our reception is going to be held in the wine cellar at the resort. It''s literally a walk across the street from the chapel. This will be our table setup, but our tablecloth is a very pale gold and the flowers are going to be deep reds, then we''ll have some floating candles interspersed with the high and low arrangements.

CELLAR01.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
These are the favor boxes that we''ll use as placecards. They match our invitations, which I''ll post when I get them back.

Favor_Box.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
We only have thirty guests at our wedding, so if we had attendants, we wouldn''t have anyone in the pews! So instead we''re only having flower girls. This is the flower girl dress, but it will be in Bordeaux with an antique ivory sash.

Flower_Girl_Dress.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
My dress. It''s a Pronovias Laya.

laya.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
This is just kind of funny. For all of you that are not in the U.S., in the South, it is very common for people to drink sweet tea. Another drink that is common to certain regions of the South is the "Arnold Palmer", which is half tea mixed with half lemonade. So anyway, while we were in South Carolina looking for our venue, we came across sweet tea flavored vodka, which has caught on like wildfire up there. It did not sound appealing to me, so the liquor store clerk said to try it mixed with lemonade, so an Arnold Palmer made with alcohol. They call it a "John Daly" - and if you know John Daly, you''ll know why. It''s delicious! We''re serving these at our BBQ. Keep your eye out for this stuff because it''s starting to spread through the U.S. I just saw it in Florida for the first time last weekend.

Firefly_Vodka_Bottle.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Our photographer is Tim Zielenbach, and we are crazy about him. Here is his website: www.timzielenbach.com

One of the choices to view of his portfolio is taken at Palmetto Bluff, so you can really see what the weddings look like there.

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
We are giving our guest welcome bags instead of welcome baskets. I just know that I hate getting more stuff that I have to put in my house, so this way if the guests don''t want to keep the bags, they can leave them there and we''ll donate them. I think they are cute to use as a beach bag though. We are ordering these in a couple of different color combinations. The Palmetto Moon insignia I THINK is from the South Carolina flag, but you South Carolinans please correct me if I''m wrong. We''re going to put a lot of regional food in there, like Cheer Wine, grits, benne seed wafers, pralines, and then some hand lotion and candles from the spa.

Welcome_Bag.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
After dinner in the wine room, we go back out by the river to do s''mores.

IMG_1244.JPG

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
maggie, hearing all of this, your wonderful carolina wedding, makes me miss the south SOO MUCH!

and yes, sweet tea vodka is gross by itself :)

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 12:04:14 PM
Author: jcarlylew
maggie, hearing all of this, your wonderful carolina wedding, makes me miss the south SOO MUCH!

and yes, sweet tea vodka is gross by itself :)

Thank you for saying that! We love the South so much and we''re trying to keep everything as regional as possible so that our guests can really experience how beautiful and fun it is.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
honestly, your wedding looks like it is going to be fabulous! i am no reconsidering NOT having a destination wedding and doing something like this instead!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 12:11:46 PM
Author: cbs102
honestly, your wedding looks like it is going to be fabulous! i am no reconsidering NOT having a destination wedding and doing something like this instead!
Thanks cbs! It was an easy decision for me because I just can''t stand the pressure of having to organize a big event. We are considering this a great vacation with friends that we just happen to get married at! (Or as my fiance calls it, a fishing trip with a wedding at the end
2.gif
) Don''t get me wrong - I LOVE going to big fancy events and you gals please keep throwing them! I just like them as a guest
1.gif

Anyway, that''s it for now. I have some pics of hair trial and jewelry options that I need to get loaded onto computer so I''ll post those later.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ok, I think you have just described my dream wedding!!!

I am so excited for you! I am doing December NEXT year (still an LIW for a bit longer, though) and want to do candlelit ceremony as well. I am thinking pale, shimmery golds with lots of candelight and some deep reds, and an elegant, lacy dress EXACTLY like yours.

Mine will be a lot bigger (more like 200 people) due to our incredible large but amazing families, so we couldn''t do a wine cellar, but I would love to do that. Trying to figure out how to evoke the intimacy of that setting with so many people...

I can''t WAIT to see your pics - good luck with the rest of your planning! I would love to see more of your details!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like it''s going to be a great day! I love your dress.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks great, I especially
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your venue! That chapel is gorgeous!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock

Do you guys like these shoes with my dress? I''m having a hard time finding a flat (non-negotiable) with some subtle beading.

shoesmaggie.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Should have put the dress next to the shoes.

laya2.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Or this one.

kathryn_lgshoe.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Or these?

flat_shoes_lg.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
or these

katespadeshoe.jpg

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lee, Bee, and Sarah! It is really nice to get some reassurance. I appreciate you saying nice things
1.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It looks like you are going to have a beautiful, beautiful wedding! I love all the South Caroline-themed touches. It reminds me of my wonderful roommate in college who could never stop talking about how amazing South Carolina was.

As for the shoes, Pair # 3 speaks to me for some reason. I can''t quite put my finger on it. They look cute and elegant.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, your wedding is going to be incredible! Wow.

I''m a month away from mine, and seriously wishing I had instead gone for something like you''re doing -- 30 people, renting a big house, being at the beach ...

Lucky girl!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
I''m reactivating my thread because pricescopers on a different thread have asked to see pics of my venue, and I didn''t want to threadjack.

Thank you to everyone that said nice stuff:)

Check back next week after my dress fitting. I will be posting those pics along with jewelry, pics of my hand-calligraphed invitations, and some other new stuff!

MaggieB

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:50:08 AM
Author: MaggieB
Our photographer is Tim Zielenbach, and we are crazy about him. Here is his website: www.timzielenbach.com

One of the choices to view of his portfolio is taken at Palmetto Bluff, so you can really see what the weddings look like there.
I didn''t realize when I posted this that you couldn''t access the Palmetto Bluff photographs on his main site. If you want to see the work my photographer has done at our venue, go to this link: http://blog.zielenbach.com/month/jun08

The June 2008 page has four Palmetto Bluff weddings to view.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 11:27:12 AM
Author: MaggieB
These are the favor boxes that we''ll use as placecards. They match our invitations, which I''ll post when I get them back.
I love the favor boxes as placecards. i have been looking for some to be both a favor and placecard but can''t find anything this nice. where did you get them from?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results