shape
carat
color
clarity

my wedding necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So it was kind of an impulse buy, but I bought this necklace for my wedding today. I was at Macy''s looking for a suit for fiance and I saw this and loved it. I didnt love the price tag, but then she said she could "presell" it to me at 50% off and then another 15%. I still probably overpaid. But I love it, and thought I would show it off.

I dont actually pick it up till next week, but I took a pic of it in the store. It is really delicate looking. I dont really know anything about it as the sales clerk was terribly uneducated. You dont think this is too busy for a wedding necklace do you? I was thinking of maybe taking the circle off and only keeping the oval....

mywedneck.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Busy? Depends on your gown. Post a pic of the gown.... and then we''ll talk.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i saw this post on weddingbee about your dress. thought i''d pass along the pics to you. love necklace by the way. i think it''s gonna look great with the rest of your red accents!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow
yup, $250 is what I paid for mine. Hard to believe. The sweetheart looks so good on her, but i''m going to keep it straight across. I also am putting a sash on but a much thinner one. Oh, I cant wait till its done.

Sandiegolady-here is the epic that went in the paper back home. They totally screwed it up, said fiance got his MBA from USC when that is where he went to undergrad not grad school. They also screwed up my job title and gave me a promotion!!!

smalpaperpic.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i think yall are on to something with that dress!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That necklace is gorgeous! I love the design and of course the ruby!! Will go so well with your ring on your big day.
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Neck shots? With dress?? Please???
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I think it is pretty just the way it is. The dress from that link, is it the Watters and Watters dress? It is gorgeous!! You will be a very modern classy bride!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that with the simplicity of gown... the more ornate necklace will be very complimentary. I wouldn''t touch the necklace... just leave it as is, IMO.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful necklace!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous necklace. And you guys are too cute. I love couple pictures!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I love your new necklace & think it''ll look wonderful with your dress. That e-photo is adorable too. I agree with SDL--you both do have very kind, happy eyes.
face23.gif

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments! I do love the necklace (and the FI)!

SO i have a dilema. I took some neck shots tonight and the pave is of quality. I know it is a vintage piece, i just dont know what to do. Should I have some (or all) of the pave replaced? Should I return it? Should I make it into something else?

Advice?

PS excuse the bad skin no makeup on my way to bed look!!!

neckrph.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful necklace!

If you''re not in love with it or you don''t have the excitement of "I can''t live without it!" then by all means return it. I think it is quite lovely and looks fabulous on you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is pretty, but I agree with Jelly, if you don''t love it, then return it. I wouldn''t alter it. You can have a custom one made if there is something you''d prefer.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE:

I was at the Beverly Center and the Macy''s there had one that had much more brilliant diamonds in it. I think Ihad just gotten the dud. So now I am terribly happy with my very sparkly wedding necklace!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
So, although I got a newer necklace, with much more brilliant diamonds. I still didnt like the way it sat on my neck. So instead of taking it back. I took it to Finleys in Redondo Beach, where I ordered FI ring from. He took the top bar and large clasp off the top and sodered the chain to the pendant. It is now my dream necklace! Do you like the changes?

n

necklaceredo.jpg

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
better, less freckly picture.

new neck.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks SO much better with that bar taken off and the circle soldered to the necklace!!!! What an improvement! And it''s clear the melee on the new necklace are way better than the first one.
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I agree - it sits soooo much nicer on you now!!! I looooove it! and it will be so perfect with your dress!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I love the changes you made! It looks great!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yes! much better! i love the change. it makes the necklace just pop and look much more special.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Excellent--glad you are happy! Either way, very pretty!

cheers--Sharon

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 3:35:30 AM
Author: msflutter
So, although I got a newer necklace, with much more brilliant diamonds. I still didnt like the way it sat on my neck. So instead of taking it back. I took it to Finleys in Redondo Beach, where I ordered FI ring from. He took the top bar and large clasp off the top and sodered the chain to the pendant. It is now my dream necklace! Do you like the changes?

n
It is very lovely and I like the changes also. It did not lay flat and now it does. Congratulations and you both take great pictures!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - it''s so pretty!
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
When I went to Macy''s the other day, I saw your necklace except with sapphire and I kept telling DH that you got it with ruby for your wedding. He didn''t care much, but I was just excited for you. hehehe.

It definitely sit much better now. It''s going to look fabulous with your dress. I can just picture it.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks ladies! I love it! SO glad I went in and had the jeweler look at it. The conversion cost me $30! He also rhodium plated my grandmas ering for me and tightened the prongs. Finally happy with the wedding day jewelery, except the earrings. I am borrowing my FMIL''s ruby studs she got in hong kong last year. They are cute, small and bezel set in yellow gold. I am so happy to have them as my something borrowed, i just wish they were white gold! However, if that is my only concern on my wedding day I will be one lucky bride!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results