shape
carat
color
clarity

My wedding band is chosen and ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
It isn''t the one I initially fell in love with either. It was a close call between three rings but in the end I decided to go wth this one for a couple of reasons.

It is more like a traditional wedding band in appearance.
It will be more durable for work etc.

It is an 18ct white gold ring set with 3 rows of tiny shimmering round cut channel set diamonds totalling 1/3 ct. It is a 5 mm band. Very pretty. It looks much better in person too. I like the fact that it is completely smooth when you rub your finger over it and the diamonds seem very secure. Good job because I work in a school for children with special needs so I need something practical. This was a great way to combine traditional, practical and also a little blingy! I just couldn''t imagine myself with a plain band.

I am saving the major bling for my eternity rin in the future, when I will get the style I was lusting over for a wedding band.

So without further ado, may I present to you my wedding band...

emmaweddingring.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty merry. Congratulations!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks like a very practical, yet gorgeous way to wear some bling. It''s beautiful!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its very pretty. I bet that will sparkle a lot!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa! what a cool ring! I like it! What does your ering look like?

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Freke - This is the ring it will be worn with, It was a bridal set but I don't want to wear a wedding band that thin.

I will most likey be changing/upgrading this ring at some point as it is not exactly what I really want. It isn't my original engagement ring. That is an 18ct yellow gold diamond round brilliant cut solitaire in a 4 prong setting which I adore. Nothing else I wear is yellow gold anymore though so I bought this set as a "show" ring that matches my other jewellery. I think I was a bit hasty though. It's one of those with the 4 invisible set diamonds to create one centrepiece diamond. I really want one with a proper solitaire in the the centre then diamond set shoulders, probably a little less angular looking too. The prongs are rather large and square.

emmanewring2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah! I see. Do you have a pic of your yellow gold one?

I''m with you on boxy prongs. My mom''s ering is a princess and I can''t stand the boxy prongs...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 6:07:42 PM
Author: merrymunky
Freke - This is the ring it will be worn with, It was a bridal set but I don't want to wear a wedding band that thin.

I will most likey be changing/upgrading this ring at some point as it is not exactly what I really want. It isn't my original engagement ring. That is an 18ct yellow gold diamond round brilliant cut solitaire in a 4 prong setting which I adore. Nothing else I wear is yellow gold anymore though so I bought this set as a 'show' ring that matches my other jewellery. I think I was a bit hasty though. It's one of those with the 4 invisible set diamonds to create one centrepiece diamond. I really want one with a proper solitaire in the the centre then diamond set shoulders, probably a little less angular looking too. The prongs are rather large and square.
You know,FWIW, if you really don't like the setting that much... I think your new band in the OP will look phenominal by itself. I would love something like that to wear practically.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
This is my original engagement ring Freke
emteeth.gif

emmaoriginalering.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like your original a lot. Very pretty!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Isn''t it just Freke?!

I loved how simple and classic it was. We chose it together 5 years ago. I like how the band tapered in towards the diamond, made the stone look a little bigger. It''s not huge stone. Pretty average by UK standards. 18 ct yellow gold, 1/3 ct diamond. I toyed with the idea of having it rhodium plated but it would need a good few coats to build up a white gold look that would last, and even then it would need re-doing frequently.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring! I think your wedding band would look lovely on its own--it seems substantial, but still delicate and sparkly.

I love your original e-ring. It''s so classically beautiful.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I think that it will look lovely by itself also. I
30.gif
your original e-ring-it''s a beauty!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding band, and i just love your original ering - I love love love ygold!
30.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding ring is lovely! I also like your original wedding ering. Why didnt you just have it set in a simple 14k white gold setting instead of buying
the other one??? I think it would be quite lovely with your new band.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! I like your original engagement ring. I don''t think I''ve ever seen you post it here before. Nice wedding band too. I like your logic for choosing it, bit of bling, bit of practical.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:54:30 PM
Author: tyty333
Your wedding ring is lovely! I also like your original wedding ering. Why didnt you just have it set in a simple 14k white gold setting instead of buying
the other one??? I think it would be quite lovely with your new band.
It would have to be 18 ct white gold. 14K isn''t commonly used here. My wedding band is 18ct, as are both engagement rings.

I did think about having it reset but it seems such a lot of effort for such a small diamond. Probably quite costly too, although, not as costly as the set I bought myself. I may still go down that route at some point. I think after the wedding is done and the white gold e.ring set I bought is fully paid for I might sell them on to fund either getting the original diamond reset, or buying a new white gold ring I would be more happy with.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty w-band!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is in!

I am going to pop into town later to try it on. It may need a resize. I will keep you posted.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I went to try my wedding band on aaaaannndddd...

It fit like a glove. I think I may have it sized up by half a size though. When I put my engagement ring on with it to see how it felt, my finger felt all pudged up. I think it was die to the fact that the engagement ring has a chunky band. It is the one I bought myself last year.

I really regret that now and want to change it for something more permanent with a less chunky band. It has always been a little uncomfy in the sense that it won''t let my fingers either side of it sit flush against the ring finger. My wedding band is really flat too so it mae it all the more prominent.

BUT...after a chat with a lovely local jeweller this afternoon, I have decided to sell on the ring I bought myself last year and have my ORIGINAL diamond reset into a new white gold ring with diamond set shoulders that is much flatter and sits more flsuh with the wedding band and my finger. SO EXCITED!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so I am doing a bit of cross referencing here for you all.

Just to update you all, as I posted in SMTR, I finally have my original diamond reset into a pretty white gold setting with diamond set shoulders.

Here is the thread with pictures.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/re-set-has-arrived-a-week-early.114188/

This is what I will now be wearing forever, with my wedding band. I was concerned that I would have to change the choice of wedding band but they actually compliment each other really nicely.

I couldn''t be happier. The wedding band IS being sized up by half a size as we speak to make it more comfortable when stacked with the e.ring. I should be able to post handshots of the set within two weeks or so!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results