shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-set has arrived, a week early!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes...I was stunned to recieve the call today that my re-set is in the jewellers awaiting collection. It was supposed to be at least another week. The very kind lady who dealt with me last time I went in to see the cast and hand over my diamond asked the setter to fit me in as quick as he could as we need to get on with wedding ring selection! Bless her

Original thread here with pics of before and the (hopeful) after:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-getting-my-reset.112800/

I have no pics yet as I have come home, jumped into the shower and am on my way out again. I will do a photoshoot and post handshots later!

All in all I am very happy with the outcome. It is pretty and fits like a glove. Only a couple of minor irritants...one being that he did not hide the inclusion behind a claw as we were told he would. But then at least I still view it as MY original diamond...it is in almost the same placement as before. Also, there is a small ridge, not visible to the casual observer at the end of one of the shoulder channels. I might get it tweaked if it really does bug me so much. It just looks SLIGHTLY not rounded...but of course my eagle eyes will be looking for things like this, other people will probably not notice.

I will be back later with pics!
9.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I am finally home and have had a chance to capture a few shots of the re-set ring. They are not the best quality as they were rushed but here goes...

In the box...

2009_0501Resetring0072.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot!!

2009_0501Resetring0058.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
You can CLEARLY see the black inclusion here, but I love the analogy someone used here a few days ago, about buying into the theory that a diamond should represent your life together...not without its flaws!

2009_0501Resetring0087.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
More in the way of general handshots!

2009_0501Resetring0088.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Slightly different angle... Shame it wasn''t broad daylight and sunny.

2009_0501Resetring0096.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
You can see how warm the centre stone is here...it''s about a J or a K. There was no official document to say. It was a high street jeweller''s ring originally. The only information was with regards to the cut, carat size etc.

2009_0501Resetring0100.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
A good shot of the profile, showing the diamond "floating" in the setting. It is set a little too high for my liking as the original ring was quite low set. I am used to it being fairly low set. Now I am going to be conscious of it and worry about bashing it around too much. It looks higher in the photo than it really is though.

2009_0501Resetring0103.jpg

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now. Again showing the warmth of the centre stone. If it is sunny tomorrow I will head outside to catch some fire shots!

It really does give off a lot of sparkle in the light. Shame it doesn''t come across in these photos!

Thanks for looking.
1.gif

2009_0501Resetring0108.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new setting...especially the head/prongs holding the diamond. Very pretty!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your re-set is beautiful and it looks perfect on you!!
36.gif
36.gif

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you
9.gif

It is very pretty.

I should add, my ring size is UK R, US 8.5. I have fat hands (well, fat EVERYTHING!!), with a really very modest size centre stone. I like the fact that the band is delicate though, as the bottom half of my fingers are not that long. With a wedding band stacked too, and the possibility of an eternity ring one day, a narrower band was a good choice I feel.

The centre stone is 0.33 carats and the side stones are about 14 points total. Very shimmery.
The ring is 18ct white gold.

oh very nice and pretty prongs and head-I like it!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
your ring is just beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
oohooh, your getting married on the perfect day, cause that''s my birthday. That setting couldn''t be more perfect, I love how delicate it is, it totally balances out the center stone and doesn''t steal the show. I love the floating in air side view too, which I think is what you would see most of the time when working (or at least when typing). I don''t think it''s set too high at all, I think it''s the perfect height, but I can understand that height is something to get used to. Congrats on your reset, it looks marvolous!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock
Oh how pretty, you did a fantastic job, very lovely!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone.
9.gif

It is lovely. I see what you mean about the band being delicate enough to not steal the show from the centre diamond. My work friends loved it when I showed it off last night. One of my best work friends is getting married at the end of this month. She has the most beautiful hand crafted tiffany legacy style ring with an aquamarine centre stone. Very different styles but we love our own and each other''s rings!

The sun was shining through the window earlier on and made the ring SO shimmery. I love it!!

I will try to capture some better daylight/sunny pictures later.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi merrymunky :)

i''m a bit in the minority here on PS in that i actually prefer smaller rings there''s just something about them; i find them more romantic, daintier, more feminine somehow i think.

that having been said....

i LOVE your ring! it''s so pretty! and it looks wonderful on your hand.

very, very nice job - congratulations!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sorry - i meant to ask - what width is the band?

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! I do love me a good channel set
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was pretty before but now it''s really just right! It needed a little sparkle flanking it. And now on to the matching band.........
3.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fab! I love the band on the new setting.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your reset is just gorgeous, I love it!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It looks really beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Reset! Congrats! Beautiful..
36.gif
really like the side profile

joflier

Ideal_Rock
your reset looks really nice!!!!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 7:57:37 AM
Author: gemgirl
It was pretty before but now it''s really just right! It needed a little sparkle flanking it. And now on to the matching band.........
3.gif

Haha!

Actually, I already have my wedding band.

Here''s the link to the thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wedding-band-is-chosen-and-ordered.110487/

I ordered it quite a few weeks ago. I was concerned that I would want to change it for something else in light of my re-set e.ring but we went to have a look at it today and it looks FAB with the new e.ring. The 3 rows of tiny diamonds shimmer and compliment the shimmer of the diamond shoulders on the e.ring. I was concerned that a 5mm band would be hideously chunky next to such a dainty ring but the look is actually very coherant. The wedding band is exactly the same thickness and shape (flat court) as the e.ring. They sit completely flush against each other. Considering the fact I thought I would need a 3mm band instead, I am pleasantly surprised.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! This setting definitely does this stone justice!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results