shape
carat
color
clarity

My Wedding Album- opinions needed....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I finished my wedding album last night. I am ordering through mpix.com.

What do you think? Does it look okay? Any major errors? I don''t love pages 21-22, but I really wanted some shots of the architecture and couldn''t figure out a more cohesive way to incorporate them. Do you think they''ll pass or should I do something? Also, do you like the checkerboard thing I have going on on page 8? Couldn''t figure out what to do there, all color looked just as off as all black & white.

http://share1.sendtoprint.net/bshare.php?hashid=ce96db346cd23e66b3b7

Okay I am off to analyze the proofs again.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! The pic of you sitting on the ledge freaked me out though. LOL...

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks. Ha ha no worries, behind us isn''t a stairwell or anything. We''re on some sort of ramp/walkway thingy (hard to describe!) but not dangerous. Now sitting on the rusty pipe did freak me out a little!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I think this book is gorgeous! I love it and I love the architecture pictures too!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 11:56:28 AM
Author: sunnyd
I think it looks great! The pic of you sitting on the ledge freaked me out though. LOL...

Ditto on the ledge comment. Every time I see that photo my stomach just DROPS in fear.

I think it looks great! Is this just for you or for your parents too?

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I think the album''s gorgeous! You did an awesome job, Mia
9.gif
It looks very professional. I thritto SunnyD and C-Tek''s comments about that ledge though - makes me scared every time I look at it too.

StarbuttsKoffee

Shiny_Rock
mia1181, your album set-up and photos are very nice!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Sunnyd, Claritek, and pocahontas, your guys are seriously cracking me up about the ledge!!!!!!! I don''t see that picture that way at all! Maybe because I was there, so I know it was safe. Seriously, it''s just a railing. I can''t remember if the level behind it is higher or lower than the ramp we are standing on. But either way it''s probably only a 2-3 foot difference. Now again I should draw your attention to the huge rusty pipe we sit on at the beach.... That was about 6-7 feet up and we had to climb out onto it barefoot. And then we had to jump off! The impact hurt my feet. But we did whatever the photographer asked without thinking for ourselves about safety! Weird.
33.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great! The only thing I would say is maybe have a few of the whole 2 page pics stand alone without any smaller pics inserted (like 42-43).

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Haha, duh, I can see your DH clearly standing on the ground now.
9.gif
I thought you were facing this huge dropoff. Must be because the previous pic was of you two on the huge stairwell thing from below! Silly brain!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 1:21:29 PM
Author: mia1181
Sunnyd, Claritek, and pocahontas, your guys are seriously cracking me up about the ledge!!!!!!! I don''t see that picture that way at all! Maybe because I was there, so I know it was safe. Seriously, it''s just a railing. I can''t remember if the level behind it is higher or lower than the ramp we are standing on. But either way it''s probably only a 2-3 foot difference. Now again I should draw your attention to the huge rusty pipe we sit on at the beach.... That was about 6-7 feet up and we had to climb out onto it barefoot. And then we had to jump off! The impact hurt my feet. But we did whatever the photographer asked without thinking for ourselves about safety! Weird.
33.gif

See I thought that railing was what was keeping you from falling 3 stories to your death from the top of the city hall. I think I just made that assumption instead of wondering if you were somewhere not too far off the ground.

Yeah... rusty pipe barefoot! I''m glad neither of you wound up in the hospital needing a tetanus shot!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
your album looks great.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:15:20 PM
Author: Sabine
I think it looks great! The only thing I would say is maybe have a few of the whole 2 page pics stand alone without any smaller pics inserted (like 42-43).
Thanks for the suggestion Sabine! I realized you were right. I was actually trying to put inserts in with the two-page background pics because I felt no pic deserved its own spread. Plus I think I was so excited that you can do it, that I overdid it. So I took out the inserts on pages 42-43 and also another page but I can''t remember the #. I also decided to take out the architecture layout, it just didn''t go. So I think I''m gonna order now....
31.gif

Sunnyd- Oh good point the railings in the stairwell are the same as the one I''m sitting on. I looked back and now you guys have convinced me! It does look like the top of the stairwell, same rectangular shape too!

Claritek- No tetanus shots! We got lucky. I do love how in the picture we are sitting right next to the sign that says "Keep Off"
3.gif
I swear I never saw it. I think I was just so nervous the whole time, plus I''m sure the freezing water was affecting my brain!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
pg. 39 (you guys in the water) looks a little whited-out (hope that makes sense). Not sure if its intentional.

Otherwise, really really lovely!

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT! you did a fantastic job!

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
Mia, your book looks fantastic. Your pictures are stunning. What a talented photographer you had!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! The only suggestions I would make are that some of the pics on pages 6-7 are repetitive, and I would take out one or two of the smaller photos on 14-15. I would take out all of the smaller photos on 16-17 -- that big spread is awesome.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I think the book looks really good! The only think I would change is stop at 48 & 49. Personally I would love to see you end as the couple jumping very cute!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:47:35 PM
Author: rockzilla
pg. 39 (you guys in the water) looks a little whited-out (hope that makes sense). Not sure if its intentional.

Otherwise, really really lovely!

Ditto - other than that, I ADORE it - your pics are just spectacular and that album shows them off to perfection
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I am so impressed with your design skills. I hope ours turns out even half as well! Sheesh, I should pay you to make it...
9.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 7:01:10 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
I love it! The only suggestions I would make are that some of the pics on pages 6-7 are repetitive, and I would take out one or two of the smaller photos on 14-15. I would take out all of the smaller photos on 16-17 -- that big spread is awesome.
WHOA! I checked this thread AFTER placing the order. Thankfully, they let you cancel the order within 30 minutes! You are so right about the repitition. Some of it is on purpose because since we just eloped we didn''t really do much, so I like to use as many of the pics of us actually doing something as I can. But yeah I don''t know what I was thinking by having 2 pictures of us sitting there and one of the marriage license! So I''m going to change that page and make it just the bouquet. The big spread you liked is my fav, it''s one of the ones I made in Photoshop intead of using the software. I''ll have to keep 2 of the smaller pics because there is nowhere else to put them, but the smallest ones can go. I''ll probably keep 14-15 the same (although I don''t love it) because I am having a hard time editing down.

As you can tell, a weakness of mine is I like 5 different pictures of the same thing and can''t choose between them because they are all nice in different ways. But I do realize noone wants to look through an album of all the same pictures. And I do realize that my album is definitely in that direction, but since we eloped I want to try and keep as much as possible.

Anyway thanks so much for the critique is was so helpful!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Rockzilla and AmberGretchen- Yes it was definitely on purpose I don''t like the picture as much darker, I like it more as a background. But I may need to change it.

Blair138 and MrsG- Thanks for the compliments. We were lucky enough to have a good photographer, and he sells books just like these but for $1300. I decided to save money I''d make one of my own it''ll be about $70 with overnight shipping.

PrincessMiaPuff- Yep the book does end with us jumping. The last picture of the beach is actually the back cover. It''s one of those covers where the picture wraps around the book.

Wishful- It''s very easy with good photos! Whatever you make will be gorgeous, I''m sure! How much are you payin?
27.gif
9.gif

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
Um, about that rusty pipe....doesnt'' it have a sign on it that says "Keep Off?"
27.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that I looked at it just to oggle, without my editor''s glasses.

It''s stunning!

And those spectacular TTD beach scenes? I''ve been to that beach, and all I can say is...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely LOVE it! It looks so professional! I think you did an amazing job! As for the pages showing the architecture, I see what you mean. Maybe you could add some borders or something? But overall I think it''s a GORGEOUS album!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 9:48:04 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
Um, about that rusty pipe....doesnt'' it have a sign on it that says ''Keep Off?''
27.gif
Why yes it does! I swear I never noticed the sign until we got the pictures!
12.gif
But of course I went out of my way to use a pic where the sign is visible!
9.gif
I think it''s pretty funny. I haven''t figured out how I will explain this incident to my kids one day. Eh, they won''t want to look at the book anyway... with all the kissing!

Seriously though I was a huge ball of nerves and adreneline and I was freezing. I just did whatever the photographer told me to do!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:32:55 PM
Author: VRBeauty
I have to admit that I looked at it just to oggle, without my editor''s glasses.

It''s stunning!

And those spectacular TTD beach scenes? I''ve been to that beach, and all I can say is...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Great, now go back and put those glasses on and tell what needs to be fixed!
9.gif

It was soooooo cold! I mean the coldest I have ever been. My nose was bright red within a minute of getting there and I was shivering uncontrollably! It was really hard to look happy and warm when I was miserable and freezing. The amazing thing was that it was so cold that day the ocean felt warm. We''d shoot a couple of pictures in the water and then the photographer would call us out to talk about what we were gonna try next, and we were like "um, can we get back in the water,now?" DH and I shivered for HOURS afterwards, no joke, HOURS! We could have gotten hypothermia.... but it would have been worth it!
2.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 10:37:16 PM
Author: PearlDahhhling
I absolutely LOVE it! It looks so professional! I think you did an amazing job! As for the pages showing the architecture, I see what you mean. Maybe you could add some borders or something? But overall I think it''s a GORGEOUS album!
Aw thanks!
36.gif
I did nix the architecture though. Too bad that dome is so beautiful!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Okay no more suggestions!!!!!!!!!!

I am ordering it now! You guys have been so helpful, I wish I would have given myself more time for input, but I need them by Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results