shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit to Los Angeles to feed my antique ring fetish

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I found out I'd be going to Los Angeles for a graduation, I decided that I HAD to go visit some of the rings that I've been drooling over for some time. I managed to hit up Platt Boutique on Saturday, then JBG, Singlestone, David Klass, and Infinity Line on Monday.
First stop: Platt Boutique. Larry Platt is super nice and accommodating, and his shop is so cute and Art Deco.
2 ct. I-J Asscher in an Edwardian platinum setting:
Platt Edwardian Asscher.jpg
3 ct emerald cut, can't remember the color. The price is around $39K:
Platt 3 ct EC.jpg
Huge OEC:
Platt OEC.jpg
Fabulous brooch. The shield-shaped diamonds on each side of the top are 2.5 cts. each!!
Platt brooch.jpg
Videos of some of the cases:

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next stop:
JBG sign.jpg
Grace was super fun and let me play as much as I wanted to!
Emerald cut comps:
JBG EC Comp.jpg
Fab Asscher in Erika Winters rose gold (sorry it's blurry):
JBG Asscher in EW.jpg
3+ ct Leon Mege cushion halo:
JBG LM cushion.jpg
Loved this step cut band too:
JBG Step Cut band.jpg

Last edited:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stopped in to say hi to Amy at DK. David was in Hong Kong. There were so many cool things, I didn't take any photos. But here is the front of the shop:
DK storefront.jpg
I also made an impromptu visit to Alex Rogan at Infinity Line. He makes antique reproductions. Although they are wholesale, Alex said I could order directly from him.
http://infinityline.net/

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great thread! The pictures are awesome. I almost feel like I went there with you! Thank you for sharing. Anytime anyone mentions going somewhere, the first thing I think about is what possible gem/jewelry venues are in that area. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much fabulousness in this post!! Thanks for sharing your visit with us!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting all this great eye candy!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fun! Gorgeous bling, you must have had a blast! Thank you for taking us along!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing! That looks like a lot of fun!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your photos!! What an adventure you had. :mrgreen2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your photos!! What an adventure you had. :mrgreen2:
Yeah, it was way too short! Once I got home, I remembered some rings I had wanted to try on at JBG, but forgot to.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much eye candy AAAAAA!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing all of this beauty! :kiss2:

joelly

Ideal_Rock
When I found out I'd be going to Los Angeles for a graduation, I decided that I HAD to go visit some of the rings that I've been drooling over for some time. I managed to hit up Platt Boutique on Saturday, then JBG, Singlestone, David Klass, and Infinity Line on Monday.
First stop: Platt Boutique. Larry Platt is super nice and accommodating, and his shop is so cute and Art Deco.

Huge OEC:
Platt OEC.jpg

@Starfacet you were trying it on last year. This is the ring that I’m interested in. Do you still remember it?

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Starfacet you were trying it on last year. This is the ring that I’m interested in. Do you still remember it?
Lol, I just posted this photo in your other thread! This ring is gorgeous IRL. I only tried on a handful of rings out of his entire stock, so this one must have caught my eye if I asked to try it on. As others have suggested, can you purchase the N and then compare it to the Platt ring side by side? I'm sure Larry would you accommodate you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results