shape
carat
color
clarity

My visit to House of Taylor in Beverly Hills

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-xiv-in-beverly-hills.156822/#post-2856569?hilit=XIV#p2856569']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-visit-to-xiv-in-beverly-hills.156822/#post-2856569?hilit=XIV#p2856569[/URL] (previous threads on my journey)

I want to House of Taylor today (Liz Taylor's flagship store) and I found something I love. They're also willing to give me money on my one-carat. It's just too perfect. Tell me what you think (the stone in the store setting is a 1.5 and mine is a 2.5).

LT4.JPG

LT5.JPG

LT2.JPG

LT3.JPG

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I really love this setting! My fave of them all...

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
It is so fun to read these threads...it feels like we're shopping with you! Personally, I think the 14 Karats BH setting looks like much better quality than this one. This one looks kind of clunky and thick, plus there is a LOT of metal showing. I don't really care for those features, but the style of this setting is nice. I think the 14 Karats setting is the best of the lot you posted for your stone.

Can't wait to see what you pick!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite of the three you've looked at - this could be the ticket!!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
bigdiamondtinygal|1298409656|2857428 said:
It is so fun to read these threads...it feels like we're shopping with you! Personally, I think the 14 Karats BH setting looks like much better quality than this one. This one looks kind of clunky and thick, plus there is a LOT of metal showing. I don't really care for those features, but the style of this setting is nice. I think the 14 Karats setting is the best of the lot you posted for your stone.

Can't wait to see what you pick!

I'm curious where you see the metal.

I'm a little trepidatious about the prong setting because I worry that it'll catch in my hair, etc.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still prefer the single stone. But this would be my second choice. in terms of design. I'm not sure I like the profile though.

Have you looked at 23rd Street Jewelers? And have you looked at Hearts on Fire settings? Also Saturn Jewels has some gorgeous stuff if you can find a retailer (and I'm sure you can in LA).

Do you mind if I suggest you take a look at Beverly K's website: www.BeverlyK.com The settings are quality plus they are priced well and I'm sure you can find a retailer. Or Pearlmans can send you out a setting on memo (they do that) so you can see it in person.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might not be your taste, but I've always loved this setting.

With a 2.5 carat center I think it would just be crazy fabulous.

Athena BevK.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy, that setting is gorgeous and so arethe others on the site. I just really want to be able to try stuff on because that makes such a difference (I have no talent with envisioning). I may go look at 23rd Street Jewelers though. This has been a fun process, that's for sure!

Oh and did I mention that the my stone is now wiggling in its current setting. That and the chip make this re-set very timely.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Yes yes yes! My favorite so far!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just think with a 2.5 carat stone that setting is going to look a little overdone. I personally think a Leon/Steven Kirsch style halo is SOOOOOO much more elegant and classy.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1298417659|2857499 said:
I just think with a 2.5 carat stone that setting is going to look a little overdone. I personally think a Leon/Steven Kirsch style halo is SOOOOOO much more elegant and classy.

See the way I'm seeing it, is that the halo stones will be the same size, but with a much larger center stone so they will seem a lot less overpowering. Shit, I don't know. This is such a good deal and I looove it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the taper of the sides ... very graceful curve & flattering on your hand. I'm not as big a fan of the baguettes that seem kinda stuck in there out of nowhere & don't tie into any other aspect of the design. Also, when I see open basket sides like that I think *Jared*, not *designer*. Was it very sparkly in person in natural light? The stones seem a bit darker/duller/? than some other settings you've posted. Could just be the pix!

Think you should keep looking ... but if you still love this one best in the end ... Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol! Well, none of us can see it in person and pictures rarely do a ring justice. So you have seen a few now and should be able to tell which are better quality and have the look YOU want!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I noticed that this sore didn't have the excellent lighting that XIV Karat had so the sparkle wasn't as intense. I would make sure he uses at least SI1 stones (if not in the VS range) though because nothign bugs mre more than that.

I'll probably get my post pulled for this, but here's a vid I took of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4rA3s8qi68

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I like it better after seeing that! Tell him to use VS stones. The price can't be that much more in small melee, I hope!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
"live" views are sooo awesome.

I will tell him that. He may use lesser color too since my center stone is an I (with SBF). That should even it out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, fabulous! I color with SBF is great!!! I think G-H stones for the setting would be fine.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That short video would seal the deal for me. The ring is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!!! :love: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1298414588|2857479 said:

ok I love this setting.

athena I am not crazy about this one, I agree with deco that the baguettes just seem sort of 'stuck' in there? but you have to get the one that speaks to you!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think its very pretty!!! Also loving the BK one that Gypsy posted though...You really cant go wrong!!! ;))

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Ok. I have to be honest- this is my least favorite of the settings you've posted- the workmanship doesn't look nearly as high end as the others & I don't much care for the baguettes. And the profile is... okay... but not as interesting as I'd like to see on a halo setting. The other two I much preferred. I'd totally second checking out BK's settings as well. I've seen them in person & the workmanship is lovely especially for the price. There's got to be somewhere in LA you could see them in person. BTW I can't wait to see what you end up doing! Oh & if you haven't considered victor canera I would absolutely recommend him- he's very easy to work with & has some lovely cushion shaped halo settings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1298418285|2857507 said:
diamondseeker2006|1298417659|2857499 said:

See the way I'm seeing it, is that the halo stones will be the same size, but with a much larger center stone so they will seem a lot less overpowering. Shit, I don't know. This is such a good deal and I looove it.

If you love the setting. NOT THE DEAL. Then by all means get it. So I'm not a huge fan compared to the singlestone , but big deal, it's not my ring! And God knows there are probably folks out there that don't adore all my pieces either. That's why they are mine and not theirs. :tongue:

I like it better in the video than I did in static pics too. But I do think you should still keep looking. Just maybe for another week or two. Just to see what is out there.

If you can find a Saturn or Parade dealer, see if you can visit them too. You never know. And before you plop down cash, you might as well enjoy the shopping experience and get the most out of it. I love bling shopping when I am researching options. It's so much fun!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
The video did make it look better than the pictures. I agree with the others who said the bagettes just seem to be stuck there. I LOVE beverly K settings. Definately try to see if you can find some of those in person. This wasn't my favorite setting of the ones you have shown. BUT it is yo who has to wear it. Does this one make your heart sing?? Do you keep going back to it above all others?

:bigsmile:

TennesseeGirl

Rough_Rock
I'm new here but I really think putting a 2.5 stone in that setting is like putting A-1 on a filet. It really seems to detract from the stones beauty and looks too messy. Maybe the pics don't do it justice.

CherryBlossom

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy|1298414588|2857479 said:

Oh I love this so much! it literally made me stop and stare. I love how thin yet substantial the shank is... mmmm this is delish

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm have a notary seminar and test today. If I can get done in time, I'll head down to 23rd Street Jewelers. I need to be sure I'm 100% in love with this setting as I doubt DH will put up with me ever switching it again, so it's worth a little bit of time researching. After this it'll be a while before I can find any time to look at other stores. Damn them for all closing at 6 and not being open on Sundays!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Went to 23rd Street Jewelers and it was a bust. They hardly had any pieces out and the one that I did love turned out to be over double my budget (LGK, it was PERFECT for your OEC though, if you're willing to spend the dough). Oy. I'm going to go to Sarah Leonard Jewelers on Saturday though. The House of Taylor ring is still at the top of my list, but I want to make sure I'm doing as much research as possible.

To be continued . . .

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
I think this setting is gorgeous. Especially if you can get it for a good price with your trade in diamond. I love that you're doing all this research and letting us follow along. I'm live in the LA area and have never been any of these stores :errrr:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SandyCheeks|1298526626|2858325 said:
I think this setting is gorgeous. Especially if you can get it for a good price with your trade in diamond. I love that you're doing all this research and letting us follow along. I'm live in the LA area and have never been any of these stores :errrr:

I've been here for almost 12 years and I've never been to most. I think that's the curse of LA.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the side stones on this setting. Doesn't fit with the ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results