shape
carat
color
clarity

My Vintage style wedding band is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aeroo

Rough_Rock
After spending soooo much time deciding on what kind of wedding band I wanted, I finally decided on this vintage style band. I was WAY more picky on my wedding band than my wedding dress, lol. At first I wanted a plain band with milgrain because I love that look. Then I tried on channel set half eternity bands, which went really well with my ering, but I didn''t really like them on their own. Then I started looking at vintage bands but almost gave up because I couldn''t find anything that was 2mm wide, which I was totally set on since my ering shank is very thin (2mm) and I didn''t want anything thicker than that. Then I stumbled across this beauty and knew it was meant to be! It was everything I was looking for - half eternity, 2mm width, etc.

I had them custom make the band for me in my size, rather than resizing the one they had in stock since my finger is rather small. The wait seemed forever, but well worth it. I am very happy with the ring, BUT they somehow forgot to add milgrain to the round bezel set part of the ring. There is supposed to be milgraining throughout, but for whatever reason, they left this part out. I have talked to the company and they will take it back and make it right, but I''m actually starting to like it the way it is. And ugh, just the hassle of shipping it back, waiting for it again, etc. I know it''s worth the trouble if I really am not happy with it, but I''m going to wear it for the next few days before deciding on what to do. It''s starting to grow on me. The milgrain gives it a delicate look; and with the round parts not milgrained, it gives it a bit of a modern style. What do you think? Or am I just being picky? You really don''t notice it from a normal distance anyways. Well I''ll wait a few days and then see. Other than that little hiccup, the quality is great and it''s just a very lovely ring. Here''s the stock picture:

myweddingband.jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Here''s mine. You can see the round parts without any milgrain.

Picture 006 (Small) (2).jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Another shot

Picture 023 (Small).jpg

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
That is really pretty! I''d love to see hand shot and a pic with your ering!

aeroo

Rough_Rock
on the finger

Picture 026 (Small).jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
My ering, which I haven''t posted yet (bad, I know!)

Picture 007 (Small).jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Together at last!

Picture 025 (Small).jpg

aeroo

Rough_Rock
And one more

Picture 014 (Small).jpg

ginseng_girl

Rough_Rock
very pretty~! i love how it looks so dainty!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif

It''s lovely with your ering!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It''s pretty much what I''ve been thinking of for myself. I''m going to have a pave halo/band Ering and wondered if that Wband would work. It''s so gorgeous and very feminine.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous set!! I love it - dainty and elegant!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Did you mention where you got it? I know you said that it was made for you in your size...it really is beautiful!!

kmcq

Rough_Rock
It''s very pretty!!! Congratulations!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love this combo, the band is unique and sooooo pretty with your ering. Enjoy!!!
30.gif

squee

Rough_Rock
Oh wow aeroo! It looks AMAZING! You''ve got fabulous taste.
31.gif
2.gif
I actually like the round bezel part without the milgrain. You''re right, that does make it look a little more modern, and I like that twist. It''s soooo gorgeous! I''m absolutely adding this to my favorites!
18.gif
Where did you end up getting it? (Just out of curiosity, considering it''s pretty much exactly what I''ll be looking for when it''s my turn to get married).
27.gif
9.gif
12.gif
LOVE IT!!!

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
very pretty!! Gorgeous ering too! You have such pretty slender fingers and that band looks so dainty and pretty. Excellent choice!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, it''s very pretty! I love it alone and with your ring!
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
YOur ring is really pretty. I actually like it without the milgrain around the rounds, it gives the ring a modern look and you know that know one has exactly the same ring. Very nice!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Odd woman out here....LOL.... but I''d send it back and have them finish the milgraining. I''ve seen this ring in a number of jewelers'' cases and I like when the whole ring is milgrained.

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a gorgeous band and it suits your ering too. Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look lovely together.
30.gif
The band just adds that perfect touch of femininity. YOur hands are gorgeous BTW!!!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!

squee

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I just checked out the stackable rings section of the seller''s store, and have pretty much been sitting in a puddle of my own drool!
3.gif
This could be VERY dangerous, indeed...
27.gif
31.gif
12.gif

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 1:10:37 PM
Author: squee
Thanks! I just checked out the stackable rings section of the seller''s store, and have pretty much been sitting in a puddle of my own drool!
3.gif
This could be VERY dangerous, indeed...
27.gif
31.gif
12.gif

Yea, I know what you mean! I''ve already got my eye on another piece there, but have to restrain myself for the time being
8.gif

aeroo

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all your compliments! I haven't been able to take the ring off yet, lol. Everyone keeps telling me it's bad luck to wear the wedding band before the wedding, but I just tell them I'm 'testing' it out.
3.gif
How can I leave it sitting in the box when I know it's so lonely in there?
1.gif

Well I'm going to 'test' it out for a few more days. I wasn't sure about the size. My ering is size 4, which is a teeny bit loose in the winter, but a teeny bit tight in the summer. I got the wedding band to be size 4.25 because I thought that having two size 4's in the summer would feel too tight. I think I'll keep it this size for now and see how it goes.

I sure am having fun testing this baby! Wedding is in May, so not much longer till I can wear it full time, woohoo!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 11:59:34 AM
Author: gemgirl
Odd woman out here....LOL.... but I''d send it back and have them finish the milgraining. I''ve seen this ring in a number of jewelers'' cases and I like when the whole ring is milgrained.

I agree. Though those who know me know I am a milgrain whore! Love it!!! But it is beautiful and looks great with your e-ring.

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2008 10:44:51 AM
Author: butterfly 17
YOur ring is really pretty. I actually like it without the milgrain around the rounds, it gives the ring a modern look and you know that know one has exactly the same ring. Very nice!
Ditto! I actually was wondering if they could make something like that without milgrain, guess this answers it. I actually really love the combo, how it''s not completely milgran!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results