shape
carat
color
clarity

My vintage engagement ring [the ''before'' shot]

coriandrum

Rough_Rock
When my future husband and I announced our decision to get married, I was lucky enough to receive an engagement ring that belonged to my grandmother. I am posting a picture because I am interested to find out if anyone is familiar with its style or can help shed light on the origins of the design. From the top it looks like a pretty standard Victorian or Edwardian cluster ring, but the high tulip-shaped crown isn''t like any other ring I''ve seen in my admittedly paltry experience. Does this style look familiar to anyone?

I''ve since had the ring altered to fit my taste and lifestyle, but I am still curious as to what people think of the original design. Thanks!

4255vintage.jpg

coriandrum

Rough_Rock
And a shot from above:

425vintage.jpg

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely beautiful and unique! I am sure if you want you can use it to set something else (maybe a color stone) and make it a very unique RHR.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi, Coriandrum - what a cool ring! And your "update" is absolutely luscious!

If I had to guess about the origins of the original, I would actually go 60's/70's, stylistically. The square shank wasn't really popular before that period, and while the head definitely has antique detailing, it's hard to tell if it was designed as a nod to the older look, or it it, itself, might be part of an antique piece! Possibly you're following in grandmother's footsteps in changing the shank and keeping the head?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results