shape
carat
color
clarity

My Victor Canera Emilya with flush fitting stems

trhs12

Rough_Rock
So after months of research on this forum I finally received the Victor Canera Emilya with flush fitting stems I ordered for my girlfriend (now fiancee!). Victor was a very nice guy and I pretty much just gave him the diamond and let him perform his magic. I know there are a lot of VC Emilya's on this forum, but I didn't come across many photos of the flush stem version.

Specs:
Diamond ordered from James Allen (also a great experience!)
1.23 Carat Modern Round Brilliant
K color
VVS2 Clarity (I wasn't necessarily looking for a stone that clean, but this one fell in my lap for the right price)
Excellent Cut
Excellent Symmetry
Very Good Polish
Strong Blue Fluorescence
1.7 HCA Score
Setting has .46 carats worth of melee diamonds and is a size 4.5

Hand shots will come once my fiancee returns from her work trip. Until then, here are the few that I have.

img_2540.jpg

img_2539.jpg

img_2542.jpg

img_2543.jpg

I also want to mention a couple more things a learned through Pricescope:

I had Patrick Davis in Los Angeles appraise the loose stone and the full setting. He was also great to work with and I would definitely recommend him. He is under the appraisers tab if you're interested in his information.

I ordered a custom ring box from ringboxcompany.com. It's a hand made custom wood ring box that is a piece of art unto itself. I think it was about $80, which ends up being less than 1% of what I spent on the whole project. Pretty easy to justify and definitely a cherry on top.

MaddyRock

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring, and I love the extra touch of the custom ring box.

Daisyoz

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! The stone is very white for a K. And the ring is beautiful!

syrina

Rough_Rock
Beautiful beautiful ring, congrats! I love all of Victors' work. Be sure to come back with hand shots!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
The Emilya is always a beautiful choice and yours is stunning! Beautiful! I can't wait to see hand shots!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous! Victor nailed it again. The Emilya design is a great choice. I am looking forward to admire the hand pics

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love every emilya I see. Congrats!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trhs12|1379985511|3525999 said:
So after months of research on this forum I finally received the Victor Canera Emilya with flush fitting stems I ordered for my girlfriend (now fiancee!). Victor was a very nice guy and I pretty much just gave him the diamond and let him perform his magic. I know there are a lot of VC Emilya's on this forum, but I didn't come across many photos of the flush stem version.

Specs:
Diamond ordered from James Allen (also a great experience!)
1.23 Carat Modern Round Brilliant
K color
VVS2 Clarity (I wasn't necessarily looking for a stone that clean, but this one fell in my lap for the right price)
Excellent Cut
Excellent Symmetry
Very Good Polish
Strong Blue Fluorescence
1.7 HCA Score
Setting has .46 carats worth of melee diamonds and is a size 4.5

Hand shots will come once my fiancee returns from her work trip. Until then, here are the few that I have.

img_2540.jpg

img_2539.jpg

img_2542.jpg

img_2543.jpg

I also want to mention a couple more things a learned through Pricescope:

I had Patrick Davis in Los Angeles appraise the loose stone and the full setting. He was also great to work with and I would definitely recommend him. He is under the appraisers tab if you're interested in his information.

I ordered a custom ring box from ringboxcompany.com. It's a hand made custom wood ring box that is a piece of art unto itself. I think it was about $80, which ends up being less than 1% of what I spent on the whole project. Pretty easy to justify and definitely a cherry on top.

The GOOD thing, is that you won't see others wearing the emilya in real life. Pricescope is the only place I've seen them:) So her ring will be SO unique and original in your social circle! That's what I love about it....

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, and that custom ring box is a very nice + thoughtful touch! Congratulations!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous!! Its a beautiful ring and the box is a wonderful touch as well --- congratulations on your engagement!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!!! VC's work is such a joy to look at, such perfection! :love: :appl:

trhs12

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much. I wouldn't have been able to do it without this forum. I will definitely be posting hand shots later this week.

I also want to point out that a lot of people on pricescope feel you should put the bulk of your budget toward the stone. I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I ended up going against that advice and spending close to half of my final budget on the setting. I knew my girlfriend didn't want a solitaire setting, she wanted something blingy-er. So instead of splitting the budget 80/20 (or something along those lines), I ended up going a lot closer to 50/50. By finding a strong blue florescent stone I was comfortable enough to go all the way down to K color (neither of us are particularly color sensitive). This enabled me to get a beautifully cut stone close to 1.25 carats, which I felt was big enough for a long term ring. With those compromises I was able to buy an heirloom setting that had everything my girlfriend wanted. Who knows if she'll want to upgrade at some point, but I do think it's nice enough that she will be satisfied for along time, which was my goal.

I don't mean to be long winded, just thought I'd throw out some of my thought process for any other person that is struggling with how to divide up their budget. It really makes sense to put the bulk of your budget toward the stone, but in some cases it can make sense to go a different route.

Oh and btw, both Patrick Davis and Victor were surprised to find out the stone was a K color. It really does face up white.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trhs12|1380052584|3526494 said:
Thank you all so much. I wouldn't have been able to do it without this forum. I will definitely be posting hand shots later this week.

I also want to point out that a lot of people on pricescope feel you should put the bulk of your budget toward the stone. I'm not saying I disagree necessarily, but I ended up going against that advice and spending close to half of my final budget on the setting. I knew my girlfriend didn't want a solitaire setting, she wanted something blingy-er. So instead of splitting the budget 80/20 (or something along those lines), I ended up going a lot closer to 50/50. By finding a strong blue florescent stone I was comfortable enough to go all the way down to K color (neither of us are particularly color sensitive). This enabled me to get a beautifully cut stone close to 1.25 carats, which I felt was big enough for a long term ring. With those compromises I was able to buy an heirloom setting that had everything my girlfriend wanted. Who knows if she'll want to upgrade at some point, but I do think it's nice enough that she will be satisfied for along time, which was my goal.

I don't mean to be long winded, just thought I'd throw out some of my thought process for any other person that is struggling with how to divide up their budget. It really makes sense to put the bulk of your budget toward the stone, but in some cases it can make sense to go a different route.

Oh and btw, both Patrick Davis and Victor were surprised to find out the stone was a K color. It really does face up white.

I agree with you 100%. His settings are worth spending half of the budget on. Was she TOTALLY blown away by how beautiful it is???

trhs12

Rough_Rock
soxfan|1380053910|3526508 said:
I agree with you 100%. His settings are worth spending half of the budget on. Was she TOTALLY blown away by how beautiful it is???

Yes she was! She isn't particularly educated about diamonds or jewelry, but I explained about how it was hand forged and exactly what that meant and she was very impressed. I know she'll start comparing it to other halos she sees around town and over time will have an even better appreciation for the quality of her ring.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trhs12|1380057814|3526566 said:
soxfan|1380053910|3526508 said:

Yes she was! She isn't particularly educated about diamonds or jewelry, but I explained about how it was hand forged and exactly what that meant and she was very impressed. I know she'll start comparing it to other halos she sees around town and over time will have an even better appreciation for the quality of her ring.

I have a hard time looking at all of my other rings now that I have this. :oops: they just don't measure up....

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another VC beauty!!! Congratulations on your engagement!! :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The setting is just as important to me as the stone is. Good choice!

msaenz011

Rough_Rock
I'm so in love with VC settings, especially the Emilya! so glad I found this post. What is the shank & halo size on your ring? I would love to see this beauty on your fiances finger. :love:

PeonySky

Rough_Rock
I'm a big fan of flush setting, your ring is absolutely gorgeous! :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Ah, so beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results