shape
carat
color
clarity

My Victor Canera 'Emilya' needs a tune up

Twinmama02

Rough_Rock
Over the last 3 years my beautiful 'Emilya' ring had become misshapen. It's no longer a circle and is now an oval, which I understand is a normal occurrence with rings. So recently I was in a local jewelry store (here in Maryland) and the man offered to fix my ring and make it a circle again. I declined because I wasn't sure if this something that I should only have Victor fix since the ring was so delicately made by him? Or is this something that any jeweler can fix? Also, should I be sending my ring to Victor to have the diamonds checked, etc every certain number of years? What maintenance if normal for a ring? Any advice is appreciated. This is the first piece that I have ever had hand forged so I am not sure of all of the rules. Thank again!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would notify Victor immediately about your ring--do not have any local jeweler work on it! Victor can examine it to make sure the rest of the ring is intact as well.

fashionbabee

Shiny_Rock
100% agree I would speak to VC first and definitely not let anyone else touch it! I have had my SK hand forged for 3 years and it's still a perfect circle...so guess I'm just lucky on that front!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1487106071|4128745 said:
I would notify Victor immediately about your ring--do not have any local jeweler work on it! Victor can examine it to make sure the rest of the ring is intact as well.

Promise you. Victor takes pride in taking care of his pieces. Contact him and don't let anyone else touch it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Email or phone Victor - as soon as someone else (another jeweller) touches it they can potentially do more damage to it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have received great advice here - send the ring to Victor!!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have diamonds on the band, putting the ring back to a circle could weaken the micro pave settings. Not a fault of the design, but merely physics. I'd get VC to check it because he could make sure that the micro pave is all super secure :)

Twinmama02

Rough_Rock
Okay, Thanks everyone!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
any update?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results