carat
color
clarity

My very own yellow gold frenchie ring!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi guys! :wavey:

I'm adding another frenchie band to the beautiful mix we have here on PS. It took me quite a while to get it done, but that makes victory all the sweeter! :rodent:

Here's the story of how I found the vintage french cuts: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-ebay-rollercoaster-french-cuts.184125/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/another-ebay-rollercoaster-french-cuts.184125/[/URL]

And here's the beginning of my setting ideas process: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-search-advice-five-stone-ring.185853/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/setting-search-advice-five-stone-ring.185853/[/URL]

After a hiccup with one artist (that set me back a couple months, but no expense financially), I contacted DanielM for a custom setting. As usual, Caren was a pleasure to communicate with (and very patient too, while I was indecisive over bezels vs. prongs, silver vs. gold, etc etc). Before I knew it, I had CADs from Dan, and then a couple weeks later my prong-set, yellow gold, 6-stone, french-cut ring was done! :D

Basic stats (sorry don't remember the total carat weight) -- the stones are a little elongated, around 3mm on the short size, ~3.3-3.4mm on the long side (set N-S). Ring size 5.

danielm_cads.jpg

danielm_pic_1.jpg

danielm_pic_2.jpg

Reactions: AV_

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My pics :))

img_1982-2.jpg

img_3553.jpg

img_3562.jpg

img_1912.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my -- those stones are just exquisite!!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A few more pics, because I love pics! :bigsmile:

That's it for now, but I hope to do a nice DSLR shoot with flowers and everything, maybe this weekend :))

img_4326.jpg

img_3575.jpg

img_3592.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks Dee*Jay! ::)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOOOO gorgeous!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!!!!! Yum YUM!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!

V nice indeedy!!!

Enjoy!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Oh my GemFever- I love it!
It's so unique and such beautiful stones :love: Covers the top of your finger beautifully and the YG is so rich! Next to your band those frenchies really pop! I'm falling in love with YG again. Wore it back in the day and am slowly adding a few pieces back into my goodies. Gorgeous choice!
This is going in my inspiration file. Yummy :lickout:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! Its gorgeous!!! I'm obsessed!! :love: :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness GemFever, it's gorgeous!!! Those french cuts are dreamy, and they look perfect in that pretty yg setting! Such an amazing ring, congratulations! My hat is off to you for orchestrating this project...I remember when you were trying to choose which stones to use!

And...I caught your post in pre-loved and thought "GemFever is holding back on us!" :D Thought you could sneak that past me, eh? :naughty: Looking forward to seeing your new OEC ring. And in the meantime, you have this beauty to tide you over! Life is good!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is insanely pretty especially stacked with the thick YG band :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
lin_ny|1379126212|3520544 said:
OMG YOU'RE KILLING ME!!! Its gorgeous!!! I'm obsessed!! :love: :love: :love:

No words just stunning!!! ANd I'm honestly not even a big fan of FC so that is alot with me saying how much I love it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's SO gorgeous!! Is it 18 or 14k? Congrats on a real beauty!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love

Can you tell I love it? LOVE IT!!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - I love the pairing of those two rings too! The stones are just stunning!

almondblossom

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful!!! I love your new ring! The frenchies are divine.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh GemFever! I joined to PS last winter and Your plannings has begun before that, so this was totally surprise to me. I think I have found my favorite cut. Yours and Acimom's french beauties are almost too much to me. So different in style but as beautiful anyway. I'm very happu fo You :wavey:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! Absolutely stunning!!! The frenchies and yellow gold are a delicious match made in heaven, and it looks perfect on your finger!

:love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!! :love: :love: That is gorgeous!! :love: :love: I love the U prong to allow all that lovely light to reach the diamonds!! DanielM did a FABULOUS job creating that setting --- and in the YG??? OMG! Its just PERFECTION w your french cuts!!!

WOW----- FANTASTIC ring Gemfever!! :appl: :appl: :appl: enjoy!!!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have gone to frenchie heaven, its fantastic!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! I love it with the simple band! Nice job!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow is right! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I am just getting back into digging yellow gold and this piece takes the proverbial cake gem! So beautiful and elegant!!! :love: Wear in health and happiness!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! :love: frenchies and yellow gold are a gorgeous combination!! I love the combination with the plain band too. Enjoy wearing it!!!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the way you wear it, with the gold band. It's perfection! :appl:

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Stunning!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

IE_Princess

Shiny_Rock
I adore your frenchies; I love the simplicity of the design, the yellow gold, how it looks on our hand — everything! The stones are big enough to really show the shape — it's just gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very elegant!

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so cool.
I really like it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results